Jump to content

Christian Pulisic - Official


Sindre
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, goose said:

Shows glimpses of class but generally speaking has been underwhelming since he got here, especially for the fee paid. People comparing him to Hazard should just stop, Hazard was world class for us.

Hazard also very strong and protected the ball really well. Maybe if Pulisic adds a bit of strength he has a place but atm see him more as an impact sub. Can’t see him accepting that position though and I can’t imagine a queue of clubs falling over each other to acquire him.

Perhaps Captain America needs a reality check and It might pay him to go back to Europe rather than the Premier League as he wants to play as soon as he is fit.

He has a different build from Hazard who had a lot of leg strength for burying those shots.

Hazard as well as having that good dribbling ability combined it with direct explosive sprints a bit like Mount does at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Every time you watch puli play the only question that you need to be asking is

Is he playing on the left or right? 

Because Pulisic is a poor man hazard on the left and he is a poor man walcot on the right. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He does too little in games for my liking. Many of our players have similar qualities in a bit of a negative sense. They are too hasty making moves. I mean turns and change of lanes and so on. It makes them do stray passes and fall over slipping. Pulisic is a prime example of this. For me their pace and dribbling abilities are enough to make more controlled moves. Not saying you should go stale like Willian always did, but to have a small moment to have a view of the field and then pass or dribble. Maybe this comes through experience but some of it comes through natural footballing insticts I think. 

Anyway Pulisic needs to calm down a bit. I think he would benefit of playing against a lower level opponent. We haven't really had those games that many this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I also think he is better coming off the bench yet get the feeling he prefers to start. 

Lol.... I don't think there is a player who prefers to come off the bench...😂😂😂😂 But I get what you are trying to say especially with his interview after the Madrid game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

Lol.... I don't think there is a player who prefers to come off the bench...😂😂😂😂 But I get what you are trying to say especially with his interview after the Madrid game

Its funny looking back with OGS under Fergie in the 90's the only player I recall being enthused about coming on from the bench.

Couldn't understand it at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

Lol.... I don't think there is a player who prefers to come off the bench...😂😂😂😂 But I get what you are trying to say especially with his interview after the Madrid game

While that is true of course, there is definitely a case to be made that certain players can benefit greatly if they come from the bench and play against an exhausted side with fresh legs. I'd agree that Pulisic is one of them. CHO would be another one but who somehow doesn't convince me yet about his class, but haven't seen enough to have a definite opinion. I'm not saying those players should always play the super-sub role as they most likely run amok at some point but occasionally I think it's a good tactic, of course only if you have viable alternative options to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, weetee said:

While that is true of course, there is definitely a case to be made that certain players can benefit greatly if they come from the bench and play against an exhausted side with fresh legs. I'd agree that Pulisic is one of them. CHO would be another one but who somehow doesn't convince me yet about his class, but haven't seen enough to have a definite opinion. I'm not saying those players should always play the super-sub role as they most likely run amok at some point but occasionally I think it's a good tactic, of course only if you have viable alternative options to start.

That's where we struggle with the exception of MOunt and Werner (worktate) none of the other attacking players are able to command their positions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, evissy said:

He does too little in games for my liking. Many of our players have similar qualities in a bit of a negative sense. They are too hasty making moves. I mean turns and change of lanes and so on. It makes them do stray passes and fall over slipping. Pulisic is a prime example of this. For me their pace and dribbling abilities are enough to make more controlled moves. Not saying you should go stale like Willian always did, but to have a small moment to have a view of the field and then pass or dribble. Maybe this comes through experience but some of it comes through natural footballing insticts I think. 

Anyway Pulisic needs to calm down a bit. I think he would benefit of playing against a lower level opponent. We haven't really had those games that many this season. 

I don't think it is experience. It comes down to physical and technical factor. Unlike Willian and Hazard who can pretty much dribble and keep the ball anywhere in the field, Pulisic lose the ball very quickly under pressure hence he need to play fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

That's where we struggle with the exception of MOunt and Werner (worktate) none of the other attacking players are able to command their positions. 

I mean, we could start easily with Werner / Havertz / Mount and bring in Pulisic to run rampage at the defense for the last 20-30mins. For example. Or start Ziyech, who I don't see that critical as many here I guess. I think in the long run it's an advantage to not have a set front three, like Liverpool did for a long time (and got lucky with injuries there imho, or Bayern with Lewandowski). Not saying Pulisc should start from the bench each and every game, far from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I don't think it is experience. It comes down to physical and technical factor. Unlike Willian and Hazard who can pretty much dribble and keep the ball anywhere in the field, Pulisic lose the ball very quickly under pressure hence he need to play fast. 

I think he could if he wanted. I am thinking Tuchel wants us to be quick and fluid but sometimes a hint of timing would be in order. We are creating chances but many times those chances are hard to finish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think he could if he wanted. I am thinking Tuchel wants us to be quick and fluid but sometimes a hint of timing would be in order. We are creating chances but many times those chances are hard to finish. 

He can't. Got nothing to do what Tuchel want nor experience. CHO who has far less experience can do what you want with ease. 

Ball retention is one of his biggest weakness, if you ask him to play like Willian or Hazard he will lose the ball. 

Can he do it in the future? Maybe but it will take time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, weetee said:

I mean, we could start easily with Werner / Havertz / Mount and bring in Pulisic to run rampage at the defense for the last 20-30mins. For example. Or start Ziyech, who I don't see that critical as many here I guess. I think in the long run it's an advantage to not have a set front three, like Liverpool did for a long time (and got lucky with injuries there imho, or Bayern with Lewandowski). Not saying Pulisc should start from the bench each and every game, far from.

That would be my preferred starting trio too.

Though that would leave Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO on the bench or ready to come on from the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Its funny looking back with OGS under Fergie in the 90's the only player I recall being enthused about coming on from the bench.

Couldn't understand it at the time.

David Fairclough at Liverpool.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Its funny looking back with OGS under Fergie in the 90's the only player I recall being enthused about coming on from the bench.

Couldn't understand it at the time.

Solksjaer had superb reading of the game hence he scored so many as a sub. As @just said Fairclough was famous as a super sub, I'd add Chicarito and our own Tore Andre as strikers who were good from the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, Pulisic just doesn't have the same engine/work rate like Mount or Werner. Once, if, he acquired such level of fitness and intensity; you will see a different level to his game.

At this moment, he does not convince me as someone that can go 90min 2 times a week at the highest level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Right now, Pulisic just doesn't have the same engine/work rate like Mount or Werner. Once, if, he acquired such level of fitness and intensity; you will see a different level to his game.

At this moment, he does not convince me as someone that can go 90min 2 times a week at the highest level. 

He's very good on taking on players and he's an explosive player but when he gets checked a few times that slows him down for the rest of the game and he's simply more quiet.

That's why I think he should work on his muscle mass and gain some pounds like you said earlier, I believe that he can become unplayable if he works on his physique a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Liverpool supporting mate has said strong links up there that Salah could be making a return her.

In order to section the deal Klopp will be looking at player exchange. Possibly Pulisic and Werner for Salah. This would allow him to offload Mane as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/05/2021 at 20:48, axman2526 said:

My Liverpool supporting mate has said strong links up there that Salah could be making a return her.

In order to section the deal Klopp will be looking at player exchange. Possibly Pulisic and Werner for Salah. This would allow him to offload Mane as well.

 

That would be very interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way that is happening purely media sensationalism. In what world would we swap Timo and Pulisic for Salah? A 28/29 year old for a 25yr and 22 year old. Makes no business sense what so ever. Also why would Salah come here when he could leave liverpool to play for one of the Spanish giants or PSG.

Surprised at some of the negativity around Pulisic on here, he's not had a great game since the last round of UCL. Yes they were a poor version of Madrid but he still bossed them across 2 legs. That is this kids level influencing on the biggest stages, yes he struggles for consistency but what 22 year old doesn't. Even Mbappe has off days.

I think he will probably start tomorrow assuming Havertz is fit enough to make the bench. I predict Mount behind Timo on the left and Puli on the right. I also predict he will help fire us to top 3. I could be wrong ofc but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 21/05/2021 at 08:48, axman2526 said:

My Liverpool supporting mate has said strong links up there that Salah could be making a return her.

In order to section the deal Klopp will be looking at player exchange. Possibly Pulisic and Werner for Salah. This would allow him to offload Mane as well.

So we give a player with better potential to Klopp whilst making us weaker? That's a terrible decision

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

So we give a player with better potential to Klopp whilst making us weaker? That's a terrible decision

Just rumours and unlikely to happen. However there was a time we wanted established talent so you can see why such headlines are written. I mean look at the group of players we are said to have offered Spurs their pick of 3 from for Kane.

Probably has not happened even, but say you are TT and know you need to win trophies or Roman who has gone a while without a major trophy.

If you could say use Werner and Pulisic to get Salah, a consistant top PL scorer, and use Tammy, CHO and Kepa to get Kane, a constant scorer in  the league, you would fancy your chances of winning the league while not spending too much money.

 

Salah

Kane

Mount/Havertz

 

Scoring goals would not be a problem anymore and we would have cash left to strengthen midfield and defence.

Is it shorterm to do so? Sure. But for 3 years you would expect top return from Kane and Salah. Pair those with the right team to support them and you should be able to challange City and Liverpool in the league and go for the CL for the first time in a decade too.

Again not something I would do but if you aim for short term success you can see the sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Just rumours and unlikely to happen. However there was a time we wanted established talent so you can see why such headlines are written. I mean look at the group of players we are said to have offered Spurs their pick of 3 from for Kane.

Probably has not happened even, but say you are TT and know you need to win trophies or Roman who has gone a while without a major trophy.

If you could say use Werner and Pulisic to get Salah, a consistant top PL scorer, and use Tammy, CHO and Kepa to get Kane, a constant scorer in  the league, you would fancy your chances of winning the league while not spending too much money.

 

Salah

Kane

Mount/Havertz

 

Scoring goals would not be a problem anymore and we would have cash left to strengthen midfield and defence.

Is it shorterm to do so? Sure. But for 3 years you would expect top return from Kane and Salah. Pair those with the right team to support them and you should be able to challange City and Liverpool in the league and go for the CL for the first time in a decade too.

Again not something I would do but if you aim for short term success you can see the sense.

It's a valid point but we don't play like Liverpool so the chances of Salah racking up the same numbers doesn't immediately translate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!