Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

12 hours ago, haviet1 said:

He needs to learn how to "ride" those fouls, if he's to have a long career.

And referees have to learn how to be more forceful and whip out the cards quicker. If yellow doesn't do the trick, warn them the next card will be a red. It really was atrocious yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

And referees have to learn how to be more forceful and whip out the cards quicker. If yellow doesn't do the trick, warn them the next card will be a red. It really was atrocious yesterday. 

yeah they took turns to foul him.. all at the halfway line tactical fouls.. i think a few years back Utd got a player sent off for these kind of tactics against hazard...

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

Agreed, but sadly you can't always count on having the ref doing a proper job; so you have to do what you can to protect yourself.

The amount of times Pulisic got fouled was ridiculous.

I think if the same player constantly gets fouled by different people (some sort of tag team I suppose) there should be a point where the ref says to the captain perhaps "I know what you're doing with this taking it in turns nonsense, the next player who does this gets booked regardless of where it is on the pitch, who it is or how trivial it appears"

That should put a stop to it.

The same player shouldn't get fouled 11 times in one match without repercussions of some sort, that's the kind of thing that increases the chances of injuring a player.

Edited by 2211

On 14/04/2021 at 18:46, 2211 said:

The amount of times Pulisic got fouled was ridiculous.

I think if the same player constantly gets fouled by different people (some sort of tag team I suppose) there should be a point where the ref says to the captain perhaps "I know what you're doing with this taking it in turns nonsense, the next player who does this gets booked sent off regardless of where it is on the pitch, who it is or how trivial it appears"

That should put a stop to it.

The same player shouldn't get fouled 11 times in one match without repercussions of some sort, that's the kind of thing that increases the chances of injuring a player.

I think that's a very sensible idea ... with one slight amendment 🙂

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

After the Porto assault I doubt he will start

That would be sensible. 

But I didn't expect him to start against Porto either, after going the full 90 against Palace. 

I think he'll start against City.

5 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

That would be sensible. 

But I didn't expect him to start against Porto either, after going the full 90 against Palace. 

I think he'll start against City.

If he doesn't start I am guessing that means that Tuchel is resting him for EPL games.  Let's be honest, Chelsea needs to be really good down the stretch to get to a top 4 position.  

Think it will be down to how the player feels himself as I’m sure TT would like to use his pace against City. Fouls by Porto were impact so although he’d be sore for a couple of days hopefully there’s no other damage.

The kid is looking so sharp right now, that offside goal he scored today was superb. Im glad hes back to form, because like of us were arguing on this post a few weeks ago, hes the most talented of our attacking options, and we need him firing, losing him is not an option, no matter his injury record.

Felt for him there, that was a well worked finish, the good thing is he is now hitting top form and importantly as Mount is out.

So hopefully he will stay in this form at least until Mount is back.

19 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Felt for him there, that was a well worked finish, the good thing is he is now hitting top form and importantly as Mount is out.

So hopefully he will stay in this form at least until Mount is back.

Wait Mount is out?  Is he injured? 

I havn't seen anything on this and I googled him and didn't see anything come up.

Apparently Us, City, and Madrid will be expelled from this seasons Champions League, and Arsenal and United will be out of Europa. 

Also reports the government would make it impossible to sign players from abroad. 

What an absolute mess. 

26 minutes ago, Valpo said:

Wait Mount is out?  Is he injured? 

I havn't seen anything on this and I googled him and didn't see anything come up.

Think now just a scare after he limped off against City.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Apparently Us, City, and Madrid will be expelled from this seasons Champions League, and Arsenal and United will be out of Europa. 

Also reports the government would make it impossible to sign players from abroad. 

What an absolute mess. 

Wait, so PSG just won the Champions League?! Huzzah! 

Now they finally got what they spend big for. lol

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Seems to have cranked it up a notch at the business end of the season again, always good to see when every game is a cup final at the moment.

Yes and we desperately need him to create and score given we are playing with 1 less attacker and our number 9 is woefully off form.