Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

11 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Massive headache defensively.

It was one of our biggest problem under lamp. We probably need another kante and i'm still not sure that it will beenough. 

Are their any other Kante's out there?  I'm glad I've gotten to see his class.  He's been injured in my two years of Chels fandom.  These last few matches have been pretty eye opening for me personally.  

55 minutes ago, DumbYank said:

I don't see why he'd change.  I don't like the 3-5 personally because it's kinda boring, but damn, it's hard to deny TTs results.  

I think against some of the lower/mid table teams TT may look to sacrifice a CB for an additional forward and shift to a back 4, results against the likes of Brighton, Leeds, Wolves & Southampton (I've excluded WBA due to extenuating circumstances during the game) shows there is a need for change. Against those 4 teams we've scored 1 goal and that was from the penalty spot and I don't think we created many clear opportunities either.

Playing an additional attacker would certainly help in putting some of the lesser teams to the sword however we don't need to change our style of play against the better opposition and stick with a WB system.

11 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think against some of the lower/mid table teams TT may look to sacrifice a CB for an additional forward and shift to a back 4, results against the likes of Brighton, Leeds, Wolves & Southampton (I've excluded WBA due to extenuating circumstances during the game) shows there is a need for change. Against those 4 teams we've scored 1 goal and that was from the penalty spot and I don't think we created many clear opportunities either.

Playing an additional attacker would certainly help in putting some of the lesser teams to the sword however we don't need to change our style of play against the better opposition and stick with a WB system.

It's good to be able to shift seamlessly into different formations, and Chels certainly has different personnel to do it.

Looks more and more like an  impact player to me. Couldn’t get past or away from anyone for 75 mins then spent the last 15mins skinning tired defenders  for fun and getting crosses in. 

He has the talents, but he needs to up his energy and intensity.

If only he has Mount and Werner's energy and stamina. Maybe it will come, and we will see this Pulisic again soon.

I'm not a betting man but if I were to gamble on our season being a success I place all my chips on this guy. He simply has to start every game now if he's fit. Looked the most positive when he came on vs Leicester. Always looking to move the ball fwd and making runs between the lines which is important for the way we want to play.

I can understand wanting to have an impact player off the bench but surely you must start your best players in must win games? He scored in last year's fa cup final, he scored and assisted in back to back semi final legs vs madros in the UCL. Alongside Mount he is our big game player.

We just need him to turn up for the last 3 games now. Please TT I love you but see sense and play Christian he is magic.

The problem with CP right now is he just doesn't have the engine/stamina to go 90 minutes twice a week like Mount or Werner. Once he has such engine, then I agree; starts him every game.

Awful game, his legs were like jelly especially at the end when he couldn't bring the ball forward or hold on to it, just reliquished the ball immediately which allowed them to come back with another wave of attacks.

Probably fatigued though he didn't start the last game... Tuchel should've subbed him out

Hasn' been good after the Madrid game, although the same inconsistency applies to his main competitors in the team ( Havetz, Ziyech etc). I still think he should start the last 2 games. Hopefully we will get the game sorted by about 65 minutes so he could be subbed, instead of being a liability on the field when we need to defend with our lives.

17 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

Spent to much time running into people and falling over for my liking.

one minute he looks a world beater and the next woeful , needs to find a balance and consistency 

He seemed very tired rather quickly yesterday - not sure why Tuchel didn't switch him with Ziyech tbh. It'd would be great if he could rest the whole Villa game - he needs fresh legs for his game and unfortunately isn't a fast recoverer as Timo or Mason are.

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

I thought he played ok. He’s the only player in the time that can have a Hazard like touch or moment. No one else can really dribble like him. 

I agree though, he does need to put some muscle on. 

Pls stop comparing him to hazard. He is nowhere near hazard, especially his balance. Yesterday, he looked like falling over every time he had the ball. Hazard's standout feature was his balance which allowed him to do all those insane dribbles.

Was pretty poor last night, kept turning into blind alleys. 

He looks scary coming off the bench a lot of the time but seems to constantly have little impact when starting games. 

No goals or assists in his last 5 starts in the league, playing 90 minutes in 4 of those games and coming after 75 minutes in the other. 

4 hours ago, weetee said:

He seemed very tired rather quickly yesterday - not sure why Tuchel didn't switch him with Ziyech tbh. It'd would be great if he could rest the whole Villa game - he needs fresh legs for his game and unfortunately isn't a fast recoverer as Timo or Mason are.

They played at incredibly pacey rate in the first 3rd of the game or so.  I saw a lot of tired players.  

I was wondering about Pulisic, he looks ineffective when he is the furthest forward receiving the ball. He doe snot have the explosive turn off pace to see off his marker.

Where he shines is in having a little space on the edge of the box and dribbling towards goal either for a penalty or shot.

Last season when he did well we were playing with a recognised front man in either Tammy or Giroud, perhaps this is a factor.

33 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I was wondering about Pulisic, he looks ineffective when he is the furthest forward receiving the ball. He doe snot have the explosive turn off pace to see off his marker.

Where he shines is in having a little space on the edge of the box and dribbling towards goal either for a penalty or shot.

Last season when he did well we were playing with a recognised front man in either Tammy or Giroud, perhaps this is a factor.

I agree about him needing a Frontman  because he is never involved in our build up play. All he does is just dribble into blind alleys. He always holds the ball for too long and never releases the ball in time. His only benefit to the team for me is winning fouls. Hopefully Havertz is fit and takes his place. 

I know he doesnt like it but i think Pulisic is best as an impact sub against tired legs.

5 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I know he doesnt like it but i think Pulisic is best as an impact sub against tired legs.

Have to disagree bro purely on the basis of last season and when fit and firing this season. I would argue despite still be raw in terms of his decision making and as you said running into blind alleys. The kid makes the team better when he plays.

I suspect Timo, Puli and Havertz will all thrive now that Kova is back. He doesn't always pull them off, but he does have some wicked passing in his locker and can often unlock the door. Those aforementioned all have clever runs off the ball and I think Kovacic will look to exploit this.

Also if you remove Pulisic influence in the semis of the ucl it's a 1-1. With Hazard billed as the difference maker going into the tie (more like the dark horse in the shadow of Karim) it was his successor that truly stole the show in goal contributions.

Pulisic should have started the fa cup final imo(TT also mentions this according to the commentators of yesterday's game). But, more importantly imo must start alongside Werner and Mount for the UCL final. The only problem is no space for Havertz so I can understand benching Puli, assuming he can add something off the bench.

B/c It's true that he can have an impact from the bench, but why not have that impact as soon as possible and then replace him once he tires.

51 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Pulisic looked a lot better alongside Kai than Timo for the majority of the time they've played together, but the away game in Madrid springs to mind where Pulisic dominated their defence. Should of had an assist alongside his goal but ofc the snake saved Timo's shot.

Was not his best game yesterday.  I agree with many here he plays best with a hold up nine to play 1-2s with.

Hes played better but hes not the player we saw after restart last year. That player will come next year after a rest.  

Will be interesting how TT sets up next year.  CPs a natural winger....if they play 2 up top with Timo and a new 9 there r no wingers. 

11 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I agree about him needing a Frontman  because he is never involved in our build up play. All he does is just dribble into blind alleys. He always holds the ball for too long and never releases the ball in time. His only benefit to the team for me is winning fouls. Hopefully Havertz is fit and takes his place. 

I also think he is better coming off the bench yet get the feeling he prefers to start. 

Shows glimpses of class but generally speaking has been underwhelming since he got here, especially for the fee paid. People comparing him to Hazard should just stop, Hazard was world class for us.

Hazard also very strong and protected the ball really well. Maybe if Pulisic adds a bit of strength he has a place but atm see him more as an impact sub. Can’t see him accepting that position though and I can’t imagine a queue of clubs falling over each other to acquire him.