Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, Big Nigel said:

There were of course people from the very beginning who didnt like him either, but it was a small minority but this season a lot more people have turned.

If you just look at Felix and Mount from a goal/assists point of view and just prioritise stats, then sure. But actually watch them play on the pitch and they are worlds apart as footballers in my opinion. 

100% agree, they are worlds apart. Mount gave it his all on the pitch and contributed in every aspect of the game and was a crucial cog in winning the Champions league so dominantly last time round. Felix, while offering less goals and assists is often lazy with possession as we saw against Leicester with their equaliser, or simply doesn't seem interested enough to put the hard graft in, which surprises me coming from a player coached by Simeone for so long.  

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

100% agree, they are worlds apart. Mount gave it his all on the pitch and contributed in every aspect of the game and was a crucial cog in winning the Champions league so dominantly last time round. Felix, while offering less goals and assists is often lazy with possession as we saw against Leicester with their equaliser, or simply doesn't seem interested enough to put the hard graft in, which surprises me coming from a player coached by Simeone for so long.  

There's probably very good reasons why Simeone want to get rid of him, even with all the talents he possesses. 

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Crucial cog in the CL run? For someone who loves to bring up stats, here's some for you:

in the 6 games in the group stage, Mount had 0 goals and 1 assist. 

R16 - 0 goals and 0 assists over both legs (3-0 AGG)

QF - 1 goal against Porto over both legs (2-1 AGG, good mount goal)

SF - 1 goal 0 assists against Real Madrid (3-1 AGG, easy tap in for mount where Pulisic did very well to create the goal)

F - Assist against City for the Havertz goal

And performance wise, apart from his usual "work rate" and "energy" in terms of actual quality on the ball i.e through balls, vision, weight of pass it was typical mount and was majority just the usual stuff we've been seeing from him this season i.e not impressive. There were much more important players for us in the CL run, and Mount was not very high on that list. James, Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic were all more important.

Felix is a much better footballer in my eyes and was in an Athletico team that played the complete opposite style to the kind of footballer he is, so comparing stats from players in very different systems is pointless

38 minutes ago, Big Nigel said:

Crucial cog in the CL run? For someone who loves to bring up stats, here's some for you:

SF - 1 goal 0 assists against Real Madrid (3-1 AGG, easy tap in for mount where Pulisic did very well to create the goal)

And performance wise, apart from his usual "work rate" and "energy" in terms of actual quality on the ball i.e through balls, vision, weight of pass it was typical mount and was majority just the usual stuff we've been seeing from him this season i.e not impressive. There were much more important players for us in the CL run, and Mount was not very high on that list. James, Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic were all more important.

Felix is a much better footballer in my eyes and was in an Athletico team that played the complete opposite style to the kind of footballer he is, so comparing stats from players in very different systems is pointless

You're literally proving my point about people playing off his achievements. He started 3 games in the group stages and was subbed off in both playing less than half the available minutes. In the knock out rounds he started every game he was available for and created 9 big chances for the team.

Imagine pretending scoring in the quarter final, semi final and match winning assist in a final as heavy underdogs isn't impressive LMAO 

And 'for someone who loves to bring up stats'? You've been on this forum since Wednesday, i've hardly posted in that time... @HazardousChoice @TimesUpPotter are you back again?

Edited by RIP Mourinho

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You're literally proving my point about people playing off his achievements. He started 3 games in the group stages and was subbed off in both playing less than half the available minutes. In the knock out rounds he started every game he was available for and created 9 big chances for the team.

Imagine pretending scoring in the quarter final, semi final and match winning assist in a final as heavy underdogs isn't impressive LMAO 

Im not playing them off, but there is context. Scoring a tap in that was expertly created by the assister for example after having a pretty poor game against madrid is over stating his "contribution." Not to mention these "big chances created" stat you keep harping on about is majority from free kicks/corners and he used to take them all. Now that he doesn't take all set pieces, his big chances created stat has gone way down.

I (and many others) dont see his contributions in that run as important as several other players, thats the point I was making anyway.

17 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

For a moment, I thought I was in the Mason Mount thread lol

Somehow with @RIP Mourinho around, nearly every thread turns into a Mount thread!

Back onto Pulisic though, needs to be moved on in the summer. I like him as a player, and when hes at his best he is excellent. But sadly that comes around very rarely, and combined with his injury record as well its best to move on.

2 hours ago, Big Nigel said:

would assume its rubbish, but Kvaradona looks like a hot commodity for this summer for various top clubs so they might just be looking at potential replacements early. Not to mention the fact we are quite heavily interested in Osimhen as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11878867/Chelsea-send-Christian-Pulisic-Napoli-player-plus-cash-deal-sign-Victor-Osimhen.html

I would assume its probably just a load of rubbish currently, but Pulisic has been linked pretty heavily with Serie A

There isn't a snowball in hells chance he's leaving Napoli in the summer.

4 years left on his contract, defending Champions and a potential windfall from the Osimhen deal. It would be worse than impossible trying to deal with De Laurentiis on this one at this moment in time.

1 hour ago, Big Nigel said:

As much as Mount may possibly be burnt out now let's not underplay how good he was in 2021.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

There isn't a snowball in hells chance he's leaving Napoli in the summer.

4 years left on his contract, defending Champions and a potential windfall from the Osimhen deal. It would be worse than impossible trying to deal with De Laurentiis on this one at this moment in time.

Oh I didnt mean hes going to leave for us, but if a Madrid or Barca came calling, most players heads will be turned

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

As much as Mount may possibly be burnt out now let's not underplay how good he was in 2021.

He was the best he's ever been in 2021 sure, but I still feel thats nothing overly amazing in general. Just his style of play and the things I look for in players he doesnt have

1 minute ago, Big Nigel said:

He was the best he's ever been in 2021 sure, but I still feel thats nothing overly amazing in general. Just his style of play and the things I look for in players he doesnt have

At his best he's a Pedro type player, not the Hazard esque star but can certainly co exist within a team of stars without looking out of place.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

We talk about this 'burnt out' thing, but does this maybe suggest he doesn't have the tools to play at the elite level? He had a good calendar year and been 'burnt out' since early 2022. 

18 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

We talk about this 'burnt out' thing, but does this maybe suggest he doesn't have the tools to play at the elite level? He had a good calendar year and been 'burnt out' since early 2022. 

No real rest since he broke through plays a big part.

A bit like Rooney and Oscar, played too much too early.

32 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

That's a good call ... Mount in his AM/FW roles has had very similar numbers to what Pedro had for us.

Yeah I agree, Mount is like the version of Pedro we had at Chelsea.. 

But do people think that's good enough for where we want to be? I mean if someone offered us 60m, I would bite your hands off for it as hes one of the few players we can sell that will help us massively with FFP

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Rooney was burnt out at about 30 after being one of the best in the world since he was 18 years old, not when he was 24. 

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Don't agree with this. How many months does he need off for this excuse to not run anymore? Rooney had no rest and was consistently world class season after season.

Oscar just wasn't the elite level we had all hoped. The eye test never fails and Mount is just a good footballer at best. 

2 hours ago, timetowaste said:

Rooney was burnt out at about 30 after being one of the best in the world since he was 18 years old, not when he was 24. 

Personally I felt his last elite season was 09/10 and he declined after that (I know the stats suggest otherwise for 11/12 but they were inflated due to an early purple patch and him being their main spot kick taker).

I was absolutely horrified when we tried to sign him in the summer 2013, thank god United were too stubborn.

On 20/03/2023 at 16:36, Big Nigel said:

Somehow with @RIP Mourinho around, nearly every thread turns into a Mount thread!

Back onto Pulisic though, needs to be moved on in the summer. I like him as a player, and when hes at his best he is excellent. But sadly that comes around very rarely, and combined with his injury record as well its best to move on.

Once again i'll ask, you've been on here for a week, how would you know what i apparently do on every thread? Why do you keep making new accounts when you get called out?

Pulisic leaving frees up space for us to sign a footballer... enough has been said about Captain America and CFC have wasted far too much time and money on him, his body isn't up to the task of elite football. 

Im sure he's a lovely lad, I'm sure he looks incredible on the training pitch, but we don't see it enough during games where it matters. Struggling to think of a game he has won us on the back of his performances... Best of luck for next season Christian, I hope you find a club for your talents.