Jump to content

Leandro Paredes


Wearyourblue

Recommended Posts


18 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

I see them as different roles myself.  think he'd be a decent buy for right now.  think parades would serve better than barella backing up jorginho.  Think barella's the better player, but would only come here to start

We would easily double both of their wages, so i don't think Barella would mind coming.  Also, I would consider Barella able to play in any position across our midfield 3 and be rock solid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

I see them as different roles myself.  think he'd be a decent buy for right now.  think parades would serve better than barella backing up jorginho.  Think barella's the better player, but would only come here to start

Agree. If we are looking to sign a backup for Jorginho, Paredes is the player. Barella seems more of a box-to-box player, and not one who would really improve on our current options.

Paredes has played under Sarri before and was superb at Roma in the year before he moved to Zenit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Pa?redes has played under Sarri before

No, Sarri was already the coach of Napoli when Paredes was in Empoli.

Here’s how I look at the situation. Paredes comes in, and starts a maximum of 15 games a season, because a) whether you like it or not, Jorginho is Sarri’s guy and b) Sarri doesn’t rotate much. So, you’ll spend 30 million on a back up with little room to grow, and I am really against that logic.

Secondly, Paredes would play the same specialist role as Jorginho plays now. This role is most likely gone when Sarri leaves, which wouldn’t be the most unnatural thing for Chelsea to do. Barella in the other hand can already do a very good job in all three midfield roles, with the extra bonus being that he can be further specialized in one role later down the road, if the club sees the need for that. This flexibility will be worth its weight in gold when we’re changing our manager and most likely our style once again.

When I look at Paredes, all I can think about is Xhaka. Both are world class at spraying the Hollywood ball, however Sarri does not want the Hollywood ball. Both are tough in the tackle, but also indisciplined and slow legged. Both have a mean shot, except when it hits Row Z, which is much more often than not. 

I think Barella is the better player now, and no doubt will be the better player in the future. In my opinion, Jorginho’s backup can be found within our ranks, seeing as he won’t play many meaningful games at all. Barella has a great relation to Zola, seemingly has an admirerer in Sarri and plays alongside Jorginho in the national team. I believe this little guy will be the future to the next midfield he’ll join.

That being said, I fully expect the board to choose the cheaper, easier solution. Signing Barella seems too logical from various aspects that I’m certain they’ll pick the wrong option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, opinionsarelike said:

No, Sarri was already the coach of Napoli when Paredes was in Empoli.

Here’s how I look at the situation. Paredes comes in, and starts a maximum of 15 games a season, because a) whether you like it or not, Jorginho is Sarri’s guy and b) Sarri doesn’t rotate much. So, you’ll spend 30 million on a back up with little room to grow, and I am really against that logic.

Secondly, Paredes would play the same specialist role as Jorginho plays now. This role is most likely gone when Sarri leaves, which wouldn’t be the most unnatural thing for Chelsea to do. Barella in the other hand can already do a very good job in all three midfield roles, with the extra bonus being that he can be further specialized in one role later down the road, if the club sees the need for that. This flexibility will be worth its weight in gold when we’re changing our manager and most likely our style once again.

When I look at Paredes, all I can think about is Xhaka. Both are world class at spraying the Hollywood ball, however Sarri does not want the Hollywood ball. Both are tough in the tackle, but also indisciplined and slow legged. Both have a mean shot, except when it hits Row Z, which is much more often than not. 

I think Barella is the better player now, and no doubt will be the better player in the future. In my opinion, Jorginho’s backup can be found within our ranks, seeing as he won’t play many meaningful games at all. Barella has a great relation to Zola, seemingly has an admirerer in Sarri and plays alongside Jorginho in the national team. I believe this little guy will be the future to the next midfield he’ll join.

That being said, I fully expect the board to choose the cheaper, easier solution. Signing Barella seems too logical from various aspects that I’m certain they’ll pick the wrong option.

My mistake. You're right on Paredes and Sarri.

Disagree on Barella who is more expensive, and from what I have watched (which admittedly is only a couple of full games) isn't really an improvement to the first team so will only be a squad player. Bit of a jack of all trades master of none type of player who is likely to take minutes away from RLC who has a much higher ceiling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, opinionsarelike said:

No, Sarri was already the coach of Napoli when Paredes was in Empoli.

Here’s how I look at the situation. Paredes comes in, and starts a maximum of 15 games a season, because a) whether you like it or not, Jorginho is Sarri’s guy and b) Sarri doesn’t rotate much. So, you’ll spend 30 million on a back up with little room to grow, and I am really against that logic.

Secondly, Paredes would play the same specialist role as Jorginho plays now. This role is most likely gone when Sarri leaves, which wouldn’t be the most unnatural thing for Chelsea to do. Barella in the other hand can already do a very good job in all three midfield roles, with the extra bonus being that he can be further specialized in one role later down the road, if the club sees the need for that. This flexibility will be worth its weight in gold when we’re changing our manager and most likely our style once again.

When I look at Paredes, all I can think about is Xhaka. Both are world class at spraying the Hollywood ball, however Sarri does not want the Hollywood ball. Both are tough in the tackle, but also indisciplined and slow legged. Both have a mean shot, except when it hits Row Z, which is much more often than not. 

I think Barella is the better player now, and no doubt will be the better player in the future. In my opinion, Jorginho’s backup can be found within our ranks, seeing as he won’t play many meaningful games at all. Barella has a great relation to Zola, seemingly has an admirerer in Sarri and plays alongside Jorginho in the national team. I believe this little guy will be the future to the next midfield he’ll join.

That being said, I fully expect the board to choose the cheaper, easier solution. Signing Barella seems too logical from various aspects that I’m certain they’ll pick the wrong option.

Xhaka has the physicality though doesn't he? That's why Paredes is so indisciplined, it's the same with Verratti. I do appreciate it sounds completely absurd but I honestly think Jonathan Hogg would be a better signing, it's a shame how English talent is just written off when it's staring us in the face. For me he's better than Eric Dier. Either Hogg or, if CHO is leaving for Bayern anyway, we should ask for Javi Martinez.

Ramble over :laugh2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair points. In my heart of hearts I can see Sarri doing 18 months here and then being moved on, which makes signing another player to play a role unique in his system a risk.

I also wonder where all this leaves Ampadu who in my view is the long term option in deep lying midfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Fair points. In my heart of hearts I can see Sarri doing 18 months here and then being moved on, which makes signing another player to play a role unique in his system a risk.

I also wonder where all this leaves Ampadu who in my view is the long term option in deep lying midfield. 

Ampadu is a player, and can fit many roles in many systems.  He'll find a place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Argentinian youngsters are willing to move abroad. Seems like these young italian guys won't. 

Anyway I guess him retweeting that video says something.. 

Sarri said after Newcastle game that Jorginho was in trouble and he had no one to bring on him. We need to sign a backup. Maybe it is Paredes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Whoever comes in, I think it’s initially going to be a downgrade on Fabregas. 

Interesting to see what sort of characteristics the player that comes in will have and what sort of playing time they’ll get seeing as Cesc got almost none in the league. 

Exactly. Cesc offers something else entirely. Pinpoint passes behind the line. You can't buy that.

We need to sort out our attack. We are toothless around the bus we face in almost every game. One midfielder imo wont solve it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!