Everton vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 17th Mar 16:30 GMT

coco

The FA cup means none of Spurs, United or Arsenal are in league action when we play Everton.

So this becomes our game in hand. Win and we move level with Arsenal, 2 above United and 1 off Spurs. We still have to play United while Spurs have difficult trips to the two chasing the title. Arsenal seem to have the best run in.

If were going to play this high line we need to get real with the attack and start banging in the goals. The 11 players who finished against Wolves were lined up 4-2-3-1, we should stick with that but switch Willian and CHO.

Kepa

Azpilcueta  Rudger  Luiz  Emrson

RLC      Kante

Willian        Hazard         CHO

Higuain

If were going to play this high line we need to get real with the attack and start banging in the goals. The 11 players who finished against Wolves were lined up 4-2-3-1, we should stick with that but switch Willian and CHO.
                         Kepa
                   RLC      Kante
                    Higuain
Considering how vulnerable we are defensively, playing RLC in that position away from home will be suicide.

16 minutes ago, wallosh said:
11 hours ago, coco said:
                         Kepa
                   RLC      Kante
                    Higuain

Considering how vulnerable we are defensively, playing RLC in that position away from home will be suicide.

If we can play him in that position at home, when 0-1 down, against 7th in the league, then we can start him there away, against the 12th in the league, whilst it's still 0-0.

You are suggesting he cant do what he has just literally done, or were you not watching ? and to say it would be suicide just because its Everton away, i mean come on Everton ??? wtf do you rate about their attack, all they will do is defend with 10 men, they wont flood our half looking for goals, you make them sound like Barca with the suicide bit^

If we don't beat them on Sunday, should shift focus onto Europa league. This is the one, anything but a win and we will be out of the race with 8 games to go. Everton maybe poor, but like they showed in that game at the Bridge, they could park a bus and they have a decent GK.

25 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Another potential banana skin. They managed to park the bus and hold Liverpool at home to a 0-0. 

Im not expecting much here. 

That is a classic derby and should not be used as a comparison, at home lost 2-0 to City, 3-1 to Wolves and 1-0 to Leicester so we should be capable of winning. I'm assuming we do not take the full squad to Kiev now as are 3-0 up.

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

Everton are useless, but so are we, so who knows what will happen here.

Every year they make signings and they think they are going to compete for European places and really the best they ever do is 8th. They underachieve with every manager they've had. Wolves reminded me of how Chelsea used to play against possession teams.  "You want the ball? Okay, have it and good luck getting through." and they would kill a match off by scoring a goal. Chelsea owned that style. It is so frustrating watching Chelsea pass it around 10 players behind the ball unable to create f**kall.

I have no idea what to expect with this match with Everton. I could see us piss-pounding them and winning 4-0 and I can also see us losing 3-0 or drawing 0-0 again. Hopefully Sarri will start to realize that we need to see RLC in the midfield from the start and the same goes for CHO. (I'm pretty sure I say the same exact thing every week in the match thread about those 2.)

By form, Giroud and RLC should start on Sunday. Europa league or not, Giroud is on a good run at moment, he will be a handful for most defenders if we play to his strength. I haven't see a midfielder who could burst through midfield like RLC for a long time, he has to start to break down the defence.

Everton now has an added dimension given the result in Russia.

Does Giroud and RLC start and if so do we keep the wide players too that provided the assists and so bench Hazard, , Emerson, Pedro, Jorginho and Higuaín?

Sarri now has some difficult selections to make for the push for top 4.

Given that some rotation is needed after the Europa game. I still think we should start with giroud after his hatrick. And go with RLC and alonso. As they both put in good performances.

Team I would start with is 

kepa 

azbi rudi luiz alonso 

kante jorginho RLC 

pedro giroud hazard 

subs caba, Emerson, kovacic, higuain, willian, CHO, christensen.

Archived