Chelsea Kit 2019/20 season

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Only children leave their top button undone. 

To be fair only kids should wear football shirts to matches, have noticed in last few years it tends to be provisional clubs such as your Leicester's, Southampton's, Norwich's etc that have fanbases that wear replica shirts on mass, also Liverpool, Arsenal and City, are fully paid up members of the replica shirt brigade, thankfully our support mainly adopts the view that I grew  up with that you wear your best gear to a game.

Football has always had strong links with fashion and music.

4 hours ago, chi blue said:

To be fair only kids should wear football shirts to matches, have noticed in last few years it tends to be provisional clubs such as your Leicester's, Southampton's, Norwich's etc that have fanbases that wear replica shirts on mass, also Liverpool, Arsenal and City, are fully paid up members of the replica shirt brigade, thankfully our support mainly adopts the view that I grew  up with that you wear your best gear to a game.

Football has always had strong links with fashion and music.

Agreed, stopped wearing shirts to games when i turned about 14.

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

Only skinny nerds button up.

Can tell you aren't from England and understand the Mod culture.

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

long lost subculture? Guessing you've never visited England either.

More times than I can remember. Never seen anything Moddy. Totally irrelevant today. The reluctance to admit something is in the past is typically English.

Edited by Valerie

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

More times than I can remember. Never seen anything Moddy. Totally irrelevant today. The reluctance to admit something is in the past is typically English.

Far from the truth, in fact Mod culture has had a huge resurgence in the last 5 years or so. There are other cities than London in England.

20 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Far from the truth, in fact Mod culture has had a huge resurgence in the last 5 years or so. There are other cities than London in England.

How odd to assume I've only visited London. You sound like an American claiming he loves Yurp when he's only been to Paris. I've been to all corners of England, and to Scotland and Wales. The importance you attach to a subculture you enjoy does not mean it's relevant or widespread.

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

How odd to assume I've only visited London. You sound like an American claiming he loves Yurp when he's only been to Paris. I've been to all corners of England, and to Scotland and Wales. The importance you attach to a subculture you enjoy does not mean it's relevant or widespread.

You'll be telling me the royal family isn't relevant next.

12 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You'll be telling me the royal family isn't relevant next.

Equally irrelevant, the one in your country as well as the one in mine :tongue: Like those mods, just something to study (reporters, historians, sociologists, anthropologists, what have you) to justify their jobs, and thereby creating the illusion of importance and relevance of the subject matter. A self enhancing system.

And those buttons should still be open.

19 hours ago, Valerie said:

Either you don't live in this country or have no idea of fashion or football culture, now I was never a mod not born for the original 60's and the late 70's revival only about 10 so again fashion hadn't really hit me, my era was early/ mid 80's when the casual scene arrived, which was an upgrade from the fashion conscious mods of the time. Nowadays the two fashions have merged Into one a bit, but go to football these days, especially Chelsea and you will see old gits like me or the younger lot dressed in their Fred Perry's, Lyle and Scott, fila, tachini's or Lacoste. The ones that look out of place these days are the shirters unless kids of course, but to say mod is irrelevant is nonsense, it's because of that and the latter casual scene is  big part why the world is obsessed with designer brands these days, whether that's good or bad who knows, but definitely not irrelevant. Anyway I'm off to decide what to wear for Reading away next Sunday, is it Fred Perry polo, or my fila or Lacoste. UTC

Edited by chi blue
1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Either you don't live in this country or have no idea of fashion or football culture, now I was never a mod not born for the original 60's and the late 70's revival only about 10 so again fashion hadn't really hit me, my era was early/ mid 80's when the casual scene arrived, which was an upgrade from the fashion conscious mods of the time. Nowadays the two fashions have merged Into one a bit, but go to football these days, especially Chelsea and you will see old gits like me or the younger lot dressed in their Fred Perry's, Lyle and Scott, fila, tachini's or Lacoste. The ones that look out of place these days are the shirters unless kids of course, but to say mod is irrelevant is nonsense, it's because of that and the latter casual scene is  big part why the world is obsessed with designer brands these days, whether that's good or bad who knows, but definitely not irrelevant. Anyway I'm off to decide what to wear for Reading away next Sunday, is it Fred Perry polo, or my fila or Lacoste. UTC

The more people think they need to emphasise their point, the less important it clearly is :biggrin:

On 19/07/2019 at 15:55, Valerie said:

Mod, Soul, Scooters is huge in England at the moment, and has been growing for the last 15 yrs year on year.. The away kit is tapping into that.
Are you American ?, if not you just don't know better, if you are, well culture of any sort really isn't your forte is it now  !!