Chelsea Kit 2019/20 season

56 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The first Nike home kit was great. 

All blue, simple design but captured the essence of what makes a great Chelsea kit. 

The two follow ups just look like they've taken inspiration from public transport seating. 

What's wrong with just a solid blue kit with a bit of piping on it or something. 

That's the problem with releasing 3 kits a year, they run out of ideas and just do something garish to mix it up a bit. 

Agreed, it's change for change's (and for money's) sake, with something horrible as a result. I'd prefer to play in the same kit for 3 years, instead of having to spend a season watching us through half squinted eyes . We probably won't see a yellow away kit again for at least 5 years :sad:

48 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Agreed, it's change for change's (and for money's) sake, with something horrible as a result. I'd prefer to play in the same kit for 3 years, instead of having to spend a season watching us through half squinted eyes . We probably won't see a yellow away kit again for at least 5 years :sad:

No idea why we don't get more yellow away kits. The fans always love them but it seems, as you say, we have 5 year gaps between them and then just get an uninspiring white kit instead. 

I wouldn't mind if the away kits were a bit more adventurous like releasing pink, orange, green kits whatever... Have those as the garish ones and just keep the home kits traditional to maintain an identity like Barca, Real, AC Milan, Juventus do. 

Just give me a royal Chelsea blue kit and I'm happy. 

Image result for chelsea 05/06

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

No idea why we don't get more yellow away kits. The fans always love them but it seems, as you say, we have 5 year gaps between them and then just get an uninspiring white kit instead. 

I wouldn't mind if the away kits were a bit more adventurous like releasing pink, orange, green kits whatever... Have those as the garish ones and just keep the home kits traditional to maintain an identity like Barca, Real, AC Milan, Juventus do. 

Just give me a royal Chelsea blue kit and I'm happy. 

Image result for chelsea 05/06

What a great kit and what a great f**king team!

Where did it all go so wrong.........................................?

6 hours ago, Nibs said:

Amen to that ... proper strikers, goals from the wings and the midfield, and a superb defence that was also pretty handy at scoring from corners if I recall correctly ... how spoilt we were ...

6 hours ago, Nibs said:

And that was without Drogba, Makelele or Robben. Football has changed so much in recent years, we weren't the only ones that had great players throughout the team, this was normal for the top teams in Europe. I don't think there is a single team like that in Europe anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

And that was without Drogba, Makelele or Robben. Football has changed so much in recent years, we weren't the only ones that had great players throughout the team, this was normal for the top teams in Europe. I don't think there is a single team like that in Europe anymore. 

Man Citeh aint far off

I thought this seasons kit was terrible but I got used to it, will probably get used to next seasons too at some point. But for me our worst has got to be the 09-10 kit, even though we won the title in it and it brings back great memories I will always hate the look of it.

Absolutely shocking kit. Wouldn’t wear one of those tops to a game if you paid me.

Ps Does anyone on here wear replica shirts to the match? Horrible, shiny, tacky things IMO.

Alright for kids but adults wearing them look like right chumps.

Edited by Ewell CFC

16 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I thought this seasons kit was terrible but I got used to it, will probably get used to next seasons too at some point. But for me our worst has got to be the 09-10 kit, even though we won the title in it and it brings back great memories I will always hate the look of it.

Oh sh*t I really hate that kit. It felt awful wearing it and looks odd. 

At least this one is just a fashion problem, 09/10 was a manufacturing problem. 

44 minutes ago, Snedger said:

I thought the kit was bad, then I saw the promotional video with that cringeworthy poem thing and it reminded me why I don't have the same feelings for football as I used to. It's f**kng vomit inducing bullsh*t. Bloody middle class twiterarty bollocks.

I had to turn it off. That was scouse level cringe.

On 03/05/2019 at 00:54, sonic90 said:

I had to google that kit, now I remember. Apart from those odd panels it wasn't so bad, was it? I quite liked the third kit, too.

BTW one thing I really enjoy at a home match is watching all the shirts people are wearing. Some are pretty old, it's wonderful to be reminded of seasons past.

Edited by Valerie
9 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

The new kits look OK in action. The underlying design is much more subtle on the pitch than it is in print. 

It’s the red tab that bothers me more than the pattern now. It just looks like they forgot to take the price tags off.

I like the socks though.

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

The new kits look OK in action. The underlying design is much more subtle on the pitch than it is in print. 

Agreed, much more subtle.  I can’t even tell watching on television.

Anyone at the match have any thoughts to how it looks in person?

Currently 3-0 up certainly makes it look great ?