Remaining PL games

We have 10 games left until the end of the season.

We can reach a maximum of 75 points if we miraculously win all 10 games. How many points is going to be required to finish top 4 (or 5)?

• Everton (H)
  • Aston Villa (A)
  • Manchester City (H)
  • West Ham United (A)
  • Watford (H)
  • Crystal Palace (A)
  • Sheffield United (A)
  • Norwich City (H)
  • Liverpool (A)
  • Wolves (H)

Not sure how many points will be needed but looking at those fixtures and based of our current form I would guess at:

Everton (H) Loss

Aston Villa (A) Win

Man City (H) Loss

West Ham (A) Draw

Watford (H) Win

Crystal Palace (A) Draw

Sheffield United (A) Loss

Norwich (H) Win

Liverpool (A) Loss

Wolves (A) Loss

11 points, puts us on a total of 56 points. Do not think that will be enough to claim top 4.

Edited by axman2526
5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not sure how many points will be needed but looking at those fixtures and based of our current form I would guess at:

Everton (H) Loss

Aston Villa (A) Win

Man City (H) Loss

West Ham (A) Draw

Watford (H) Win

Crystal Palace (A) Draw

Sheffield United (A) Loss

Norwich (H) Win

Liverpool (A) Loss

Wolves (A) Loss

11 points, puts us on a total of 56 points. Do not think that will be enough to claim top 4.

We've definitely been poor lately but I feel like some of our players coming back from injury will improve us enough to get some wins in these last few games.

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

We have 10 games left until the end of the season.

We can reach a maximum of 75 points if we miraculously win all 10 games. How many points is going to be required to finish top 4 (or 5)?

• Everton (H)
  • Aston Villa (A)
  • Manchester City (H)
  • West Ham United (A)
  • Watford (H)
  • Crystal Palace (A)
  • Sheffield United (A)
  • Norwich City (H)
  • Liverpool (A)
  • Wolves (H)

Top 4 last five seasons range from 66pts to 76 pts.

I think around 67 should do it this season.

22 points from 30.

Everton (H) 3

Aston Villa (A) 3

Manchester City (H) 0

West Ham United (A) 3

Watford (H) 3

Crystal Palace (A) 3

Sheffield United (A) 1

Norwich City (H) 3

Liverpool (A) 0

Wolves (H) 3

== 22pts

1 minute ago, coco said:

Asking a lot with those fixtures and our who we have to select from. We would need Tammy, Pulisic, CHO and RLC all back and top form to make up for our awful defense.

8 minutes ago, coco said:

22 points from 30.

Everton (H) 3

Aston Villa (A) 3

Manchester City (H) 0

West Ham United (A) 3

Watford (H) 3

Crystal Palace (A) 3

Sheffield United (A) 1

Norwich City (H) 3

Liverpool (A) 0

Wolves (H) 3

== 22pts

Havent won back to back premier league games since November. I would be gobsmacked if we won 5 of our next 6, and only lost another 2. 

I think we will get about 12 points from the rest of the games. 

Might be enough if city dont delay ban, and the rest have a similar inconsistent run in. Could scrape 5th possibly.

Just now, big blue said:

Havent won back to back premier league games since November. I would be gobsmacked if we won 5 of our next 6, and only lost another 2. 

I think we will get about 12 points from the rest of the games. 

Might be enough if city dont delay ban, and the rest have a similar inconsistent run in. Could scrape 5th possibly.

i dont think 57 pts(45+12) will even get 5th place.

The lowest number of points to get 4th place in the Premier League 38 game era is 60, which is what it took in Roman's first season here in 2003/4.

Given the lack of quality on display this year, it would not surprise me if that record was broken. I woudn't bet on it though 🙂

29 minutes ago, coco said:

22 points from 30.

Everton (H) 3

Aston Villa (A) 3

Manchester City (H) 0

West Ham United (A) 3

Watford (H) 3

Crystal Palace (A) 3

Sheffield United (A) 1

Norwich City (H) 3

Liverpool (A) 0

Wolves (H) 3

== 22pts

How on earth are we going to get 22 points from those fixtures? We were five minutes away from Bournemouth doing the double over us. I think we'll be lucky to get eight points max the way we're playing. There's too many players who know they'll be surplus to requirements next season so no effort.

1 minute ago, Luca Vialli said:

How on earth are we going to get 22 points from those fixtures? We were five minutes away from Bournemouth doing the double over us. I think we'll be lucky to get eight points max the way we're playing. There's too many players who know they'll be surplus to requirements next season so no effort.

For the reverse fixtures for those ten games we have won 5, draw 1, lost 4, = 16 points.    so we have to improve thats for sure.

1 minute ago, Luca Vialli said:

I'd love to have your optimism, With Frank changing the back line every game and our lack of goal threat I think we're in trouble.

Im not optimistic unfortunately ...im just saying thats what we have to do to get 4th place.  nothing wrong with being optimistic anyway, beats the hell out of moping around depressed by a game.

2 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

We've definitely been poor lately but I feel like some of our players coming back from injury will improve us enough to get some wins in these last few games.

Not enough for me. I am not bothered if we make top 4 or not I just want the team back to how we were in that 7 game run of wins. Beautiful football, pride and work ethic.

I do not expect to see that and when you consider those games include the superior City, Vastly superior Liverpool, two away London Derbys and two very good sides in Wolves and the Blades I reckon our goose is cooked for the top 4 hopes as we will be lucky to come out of those games with 6 or more points.

And in all honesty if I was offered to fall to 10th in the league and win the FA cup or finish 3rd and no FA cup I would pick the FA cup every time. It would be huge for Frank and many of these young players.

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not enough for me. I am not bothered if we make top 4 or not I just want the team back to how we were in that 7 game run of wins. Beautiful football, pride and work ethic.

I do not expect to see that and when you consider those games include the superior City, Vastly superior Liverpool, two away London Derbys and two very good sides in Wolves and the Blades I reckon our goose is cooked for the top 4 hopes as we will be lucky to come out of those games with 6 or more points.

And in all honesty if I was offered to fall to 10th in the league and win the FA cup or finish 3rd and no FA cup I would pick the FA cup every time. It would be huge for Frank and many of these young players.

Not sure will see that again, Tammy and Mason caught out the premier league opponents yet they are wise to that now so we move on.

• Everton (H) - DRAW
  • Aston Villa (A) - WIN
  • Manchester City (H) - LOSS
  • West Ham United (A) - LOSS
  • Watford (H) - LOSS
  • Crystal Palace (A) - WIN
  • Sheffield United (A) - WIN
  • Norwich City (H) - WIN
  • Liverpool (A) - LOSS
  • Wolves (H) - LOSS

Be lucky to get 15 points from that lot the way we've been playing the past few months.

I hope we can win soon, either Everton or Villa.

For the rest of the games: West Ham, Palace, Sheffield United/Norwich and the last game at home vs Wolves - a must win for me.

So if I include one win against either Everton or Villa + West Ham, Palace, Sheffield or Norwich and a win vs Wolves in the last game that's 15 points, a total of 60 points that means.

Last time 60 points was enough for a team to be among top 4...Everton had 61 points 2004–05 when they got 4th place, 2006–07 Spuds had 60 points which was enough for the 5th place, I would take the 5th place now if I could.

We seem to be getting away with poor results every week, it's madness how we are still 4th. 

I am an optimist and think we will cling on, but badly need to step up our game and see it out.

Going to be a nervy run-in but we can do it.