Declan Rice to Chelsea?

4 hours ago, haviet1 said:

I rather buy Davies.

For a moment I thought you were referring to Tom Davies 😀, but obviously you mean Alphonso also from Bayern. 

They will never leave him go after his breakthrough year. If they would do that, then there is no purpose in getting young talents and giving them a chance. 

They are a too big club for that. 

Alaba on the other hand might  want to look for a new challenges after having won everything he can with Bayern already a million times.

Fairly convinced he's the one we will go after, after we have secured Havertz.

The Times are reporting we are prepared to offer Barkley and Batshuayi as part of the deal as well. Feel like we should be able to get the deal done, especially if Declan Rice makes it clear he wants to come here.

1 hour ago, the special one said:

If Frank intends to play Havertz as a #10 we'll likely see more of 4-2-3-1 next season which leaves us with an abundance of number 8's at the club (Barkley/Mount/RLC). I could see Rice being signed to potentially replace Tomori, Barkley, and Jorginho.

I woulda thought we are sticking to the 4-3-3 with Kovacic and Havertz being the 2 8's, hard to know for sure though.

Either way, Havertz is pretty versatile so whatever the formation we shouldn't find it too hard placing him somewhere in the field where he will be effective. Only issue is who plays the 2 holding MF roles in a 4231? Most likely will end up with Kova and Jorginho, or Kova and Kante

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

The Times are reporting we are prepared to offer Barkley and Batshuayi as part of the deal as well. Feel like we should be able to get the deal done, especially if Declan Rice makes it clear he wants to come here.

Good deal if we can get it done imo, offer Tomori on loan as well for him to get more game time and we've got ourselves a very good deal unloading 2 players that are surplus to requirements

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

I would personally be really sorry to see Barkley go, especially to Wet Spam. They can have Batshuyai (I will even drive him there) plus one or two of Christensen, Alonso, Emerson and Bakayoko, but I would keep Barkley as I just have a feeling he is on the verge of being very good and I would hate to see the Pikeys benefit.

I like Rice, he is ex Chelsea, best mates with Mount, English, decent with the ball and reasonably priced. BUT and yes it is a big but, can he defend?? I have a West Ham mate who likens him to David Luiz and we do not want another one of those 🤪

3 hours ago, Deino said:

That's just ridiculous. Bayern will never sell Davies at this time. The kid's gonna be a superstar in a year or two with the right guidance. 

All players are for sale, it's a matter of who's willing to pay.

Alphonso Davies is a pipedream. That would mean he wants to leave Germany for some personal reason. The valuation would probably be something like 100m€

Transfermarkt says 60m€ but they wouldn't let him leave under a 100m€ I feel. He is such a talent.

Ben Davies from Tottenham would be like selling Danny Drinkwater first to Arsenal for 50m€ and a then buying him back the next day for 53m€.

as a canadian, seeing the shed end want to sign alphonso is amazing...bayern would be mad to let him go and he would be mad to leave the european power house that took the chance on him coming from Vancouver.

as for declan, dont want him.

On 21/07/2020 at 12:39, driller97 said:

I woulda thought we are sticking to the 4-3-3 with Kovacic and Havertz being the 2 8's, hard to know for sure though.

Either way, Havertz is pretty versatile so whatever the formation we shouldn't find it too hard placing him somewhere in the field where he will be effective. Only issue is who plays the 2 holding MF roles in a 4231? Most likely will end up with Kova and Jorginho, or Kova and Kante

Blows my mind that people still think Lampard is going to shelf mount after him playing in all but one game this season. 

If Rice makes it clear he wants to come to chelsea which I think is likely as he’s best mates with Mason. West Ham will be forced to sell. They’re just posturing to get the best price possible. Also, what Moyes wants (the best team on the park) and what the board want (money) will be very different!

4 hours ago, Mummy said:

as a canadian, seeing the shed end want to sign alphonso is amazing...bayern would be mad to let him go and he would be mad to leave the european power house that took the chance on him coming from Vancouver.

as for declan, dont want him.

Chelsea should hire the scout that found him. What a gem! 

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Blows my mind that people still think Lampard is going to shelf mount after him playing in all but one game this season. 

If Rice makes it clear he wants to come to chelsea which I think is likely as he’s best mates with Mason. West Ham will be forced to sell. They’re just posturing to get the best price possible. Also, what Moyes wants (the best team on the park) and what the board want (money) will be very different!

Rice playing deeper with Kovacic looks far more superior than Rice playing more forward with Mount.

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You think Mount is starting over Havertz and Kovacic? Laughable

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Rice playing deeper with Kovacic looks far more superior than Rice playing more forward with Mount.

Why would Rice be playing higher up? Mount will play over Kovacic.

13 minutes ago, driller97 said:

You think Mount is starting over Havertz and Kovacic? Laughable

Bit rich coming from you, that sums up the majority of the sh*t you post on this board. We’ll see next season, if you’re thinking Mount is going to just fade in to the background under Lampard - you’re mental.

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Why would Rice be playing higher up? Mount will play over Kovacic.

Bit rich coming from you, that sums up the majority of the sh*t you post on this board. We’ll see next season, if you’re thinking Mount is going to just fade in to the background under Lampard - you’re mental.

Not fade, but definitely have a reduced role compared to what he's had this season. Main reason he's even played this much is because we couldn't sign anyone and our injury problems.

Mount doesn't even start over a fit RLC.

p.s most your posts on this forum stink, really bad.

Edited by driller97
Just now, driller97 said:

Not fade, but definitely have a reduced role compared to what he's had this season. Main reason he's even played this much is because we couldn't sign anyone and our injury problems.

Mount doesn't even start over a fit RLC.

The only reason Kovacic & Jorginho are in the team at the moment is because Kante is injured. It was clear from the restart with Mount and Barkley - Frank wants a sitting DM and two attacking 8’s. My guess is it will be Kante sitting, Havertz and Mount either side of him. Kova/RLC will rotate with them.

RLC is made of glass and until he proves otherwise Frank won’t rely on him heavily IMO. He needs to prove he can stay fit the way Mount has all year. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

The only reason Kovacic & Jorginho are in the team at the moment is because Kante is injured. It was clear from the restart with Mount and Barkley - Frank wants a sitting DM and two attacking 8’s. My guess is it will be Kante sitting, Havertz and Mount either side of him. Kova/RLC will rotate with them.

RLC is made of glass and until he proves otherwise Frank won’t rely on him heavily IMO. He needs to prove he can stay fit the way Mount has all year. 

There is no way you can make the argument that Mount is better than Kovacic, that is simply outrageous.

Kante needs to get sold because hes far past it. Agree on RLC, but im just saying that if RLC was fully fit, he will start over Mount imo without any question.

8 minutes ago, driller97 said:

There is no way you can make the argument that Mount is better than Kovacic, that is simply outrageous.

Kante needs to get sold because hes far past it. Agree on RLC, but im just saying that if RLC was fully fit, he will start over Mount imo without any question.

You’re not listening. It’s not about who’s better. It’s about who fits the system that Lampard wants to play. Look at when all our midfielders were fit after the break. Who sat out? Kova & Jorginho.

The fact you’re saying Kante needs sold means I’m bowing out this conversation now as it’s absurd to claim we should sell our only world class player.