Jump to content

Declan Rice to Chelsea?


Marrone
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

RLC we'd be lucky to see another 10 games from him with his f**king injuries

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

I love the idea of Rice playing in the anchor role, but I've also seen too many DMs stifle the creativity/fluidity of a team. Sky commented a couple of months back (I forget who) how they felt City weren't the same team with Rodri at the base of midfield.

Edited by the special one
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

Me too but realistically Kante can play that role too he can adapt just a little bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, the special one said:

I love the idea of Rice playing in the anchor role, but I've also seen too many DMs stifle the creativity/fluidity of a team. Sky commented a couple of months back (I forget who) how they felt City weren't the same team with Rodri at the base of midfield.

Rice has got a good passing range, we just need someone to break up play and quickly release it to the number 8's or wingers.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Me too but realistically Kante can play that role too he can adapt just a little bit.

Too injury prone and roams too much, rather sell him while his value is high. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Rice has got a good passing range, we just need someone to break up play and quickly release it to the number 8's or wingers.

Too injury prone and roams too much, rather sell him while his value is high. 

He has been injured this season a lot but when healthy he can adapt and play the anchor role for sure, with good instructions and a bit getting used to it because it's different from playing as deep lying-playmaker.

If we sell Kante, with that money we could sign Rice and he's younger, even so I think that Rice is a worse passer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, forbzy said:

What price are we looking at realistically for Rice? With him being English and under contract West Ham will probably hold out for a big fee.

In a market were Nathan Ake goes for 41 million, Lewis Dunk is being quoted at 45 million a younger Declan Rice from a club who don't want or need to sell will cost at least 55 million.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Me too but realistically Kante can play that role too he can adapt just a little bit.

This is the time to off load Kante, not the player he was injuries etc and not getting any younger I'm sure PSG will throw 40/50 mill our way

Edited by chi blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He has been injured this season a lot but when healthy he can adapt and play the anchor role for sure, with good instructions and a bit getting used to it because it's different from playing as deep lying-playmaker.

If we sell Kante, with that money we could sign Rice and he's younger, even so I think that Rice is a worse passer.

He wont adapt. He isn't good enough on the ball to play that role and his strength is when he can roam and chase the ball. Not the right fit for a DM in a 3. 

Rice is more like maka and can move the ball quickly as well as be strong in the tackle. Would be a very astute signing. The more I think about it the more I'm excited for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 08/08/2020 at 07:29, Andy2461 said:

interestingly he sees his best position as CB and feels thats where his future lies

Frank might be wondering if he has the right leadership qualities to be the closest thing we have had since JT and if he can play at the back where we clearly need some leadership then there is logic. 

A gamble, is it worth taking?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Frank might be wondering if he has the right leadership qualities to be the closest thing we have had since JT and if he can play at the back where we clearly need some leadership then there is logic. 

A gamble, is it worth taking?

 

 

yes gamble worth taking, especially if we off load Jorginho and Kante, which I beleive we need to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, chi blue said:

yes gamble worth taking, especially if we off load Jorginho and Kante, which I beleive we need to.

As he can play two positions I would buy him now and look to offload the others perhaps December, then perhaps Sarri is in a new job and a better idea on whether Kante's fitness is good after the injuries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Sindre

Some reports emerging that we have submitted a bid of 50 million. And that both the club and Lampard wants him.

I think he would be an absolute brilliant signing. Every bit as important as Werner, Ziyech and potentially Havertz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Rice, Left back and a new Keeper would be some transfer window.

I really like Rice's personality. Have watched a couple of videos of him and he would bring leadership and some steel to our side. He can play as a DM and as a CB. Lampard really likes versatile players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

Happy Tech GIF by Atlassian

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, let me in!