Declan Rice to Chelsea?

Marrone

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd love for him to come in and play the anchor role in midfield with two 8's in front of him. We need players like this that clearly want to play for Chelsea because they love the club, not because they see money. Sign Rice and you have amidfield for a decade with him, Kai, Mount, RLC etc. 

RLC we'd be lucky to see another 10 games from him with his f**king injuries

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I love the idea of Rice playing in the anchor role, but I've also seen too many DMs stifle the creativity/fluidity of a team. Sky commented a couple of months back (I forget who) how they felt City weren't the same team with Rodri at the base of midfield.

Edited by the special one

51 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Me too but realistically Kante can play that role too he can adapt just a little bit.

30 minutes ago, the special one said:

I love the idea of Rice playing in the anchor role, but I've also seen too many DMs stifle the creativity/fluidity of a team. Sky commented a couple of months back (I forget who) how they felt City weren't the same team with Rodri at the base of midfield.

Rice has got a good passing range, we just need someone to break up play and quickly release it to the number 8's or wingers.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Me too but realistically Kante can play that role too he can adapt just a little bit.

Too injury prone and roams too much, rather sell him while his value is high. 

53 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Rice has got a good passing range, we just need someone to break up play and quickly release it to the number 8's or wingers.

Too injury prone and roams too much, rather sell him while his value is high. 

He has been injured this season a lot but when healthy he can adapt and play the anchor role for sure, with good instructions and a bit getting used to it because it's different from playing as deep lying-playmaker.

If we sell Kante, with that money we could sign Rice and he's younger, even so I think that Rice is a worse passer.

5 minutes ago, forbzy said:

What price are we looking at realistically for Rice? With him being English and under contract West Ham will probably hold out for a big fee.

In a market were Nathan Ake goes for 41 million, Lewis Dunk is being quoted at 45 million a younger Declan Rice from a club who don't want or need to sell will cost at least 55 million.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This is the time to off load Kante, not the player he was injuries etc and not getting any younger I'm sure PSG will throw 40/50 mill our way

Edited by chi blue

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He has been injured this season a lot but when healthy he can adapt and play the anchor role for sure, with good instructions and a bit getting used to it because it's different from playing as deep lying-playmaker.

If we sell Kante, with that money we could sign Rice and he's younger, even so I think that Rice is a worse passer.

He wont adapt. He isn't good enough on the ball to play that role and his strength is when he can roam and chase the ball. Not the right fit for a DM in a 3. 

Rice is more like maka and can move the ball quickly as well as be strong in the tackle. Would be a very astute signing. The more I think about it the more I'm excited for it. 

On 08/08/2020 at 07:29, Andy2461 said:

interestingly he sees his best position as CB and feels thats where his future lies

Frank might be wondering if he has the right leadership qualities to be the closest thing we have had since JT and if he can play at the back where we clearly need some leadership then there is logic. 

A gamble, is it worth taking?

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Frank might be wondering if he has the right leadership qualities to be the closest thing we have had since JT and if he can play at the back where we clearly need some leadership then there is logic. 

A gamble, is it worth taking?

yes gamble worth taking, especially if we off load Jorginho and Kante, which I beleive we need to.

Just now, chi blue said:

yes gamble worth taking, especially if we off load Jorginho and Kante, which I beleive we need to.

As he can play two positions I would buy him now and look to offload the others perhaps December, then perhaps Sarri is in a new job and a better idea on whether Kante's fitness is good after the injuries. 

Guest Sindre

Some reports emerging that we have submitted a bid of 50 million. And that both the club and Lampard wants him.

I think he would be an absolute brilliant signing. Every bit as important as Werner, Ziyech and potentially Havertz.

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Rice, Left back and a new Keeper would be some transfer window.

I really like Rice's personality. Have watched a couple of videos of him and he would bring leadership and some steel to our side. He can play as a DM and as a CB. Lampard really likes versatile players.