Jump to content

Declan Rice to Chelsea?


Marrone
 Share

Recommended Posts



Guest Sindre

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/jan-vertonghen-set-for-benfica-while-declan-rice-is-priced-at-80m-2ngxxxtvk

West Ham have put a 80 million price tag on him.

Don't think we'll be prepared to do that. Can see us getting to 60 maybe.

He doesn't seem like the type but i wonder if Declan Rice will try to force a move to come back to where he belong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/08/2020 at 18:25, Sindre said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/jan-vertonghen-set-for-benfica-while-declan-rice-is-priced-at-80m-2ngxxxtvk

West Ham have put a 80 million price tag on him.

Don't think we'll be prepared to do that. Can see us getting to 60 maybe.

He doesn't seem like the type but i wonder if Declan Rice will try to force a move to come back to where he belong.

West Ham are in financial trouble after spending 200mil + a wage bill at 136mil at it's peak under Pellegrini. There have already been some controvercy between them and Eintracht Frankfurt, over Seb Haller transfer payment, wich they failed to pay this week. 

45mil-50mil sounds fair when they get desperate enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SFL82 said:

He is in the Algarve just now I believe that’s his house there. 

That's means they'll have to self-isolate for 14 days when back, so they'll miss few training sessions before the start of the new season (how that would affect us if we buy Rice I don't know).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, RMH said:

That's means they'll have to self-isolate for 14 days when back, so they'll miss few training sessions before the start of the new season (how that would affect us if we buy Rice I don't know).

All the players have gone on holiday not just Rice 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

All the players have gone on holiday not just Rice 

Yes, but while self-isolation is not required if you go to Greece (I believe our lads where in Mykonos ?), if you go to Portugal you need to self-isolate for 14 days on return to the UK. That's why I said it. But it is likely that footballers will be exempt, unlike many of us...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Yes, but while self-isolation is not required if you go to Greece (I believe our lads where in Mykonos ?), if you go to Portugal you need to self-isolate for 14 days on return to the UK. That's why I said it. But it is likely that footballers will be exempt, unlike many of us...

Yea that’s right enough. I’ve actually got a feeling it’s an older picture and maybe it is his house in the UK. 
 

Rice was in Greece with our guys and was pictured with didier out there so it’s not likely he then went on to Portugal. 

But I know for a fact Terry is in Portugal on holiday because I’m here, and he was on the golf course the other day, he is here every year. 
 

I wonder if they will make an exception for players since they are tested regularly though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/08/2020 at 22:05, Slojo said:

I like Declan as a lad, really nice kid, but I don't think he's Chelsea material at all. We can get better, and should aim for better, really hope we don't buy him. 

Yep. Whilst being an obvious upgrade on what we have now, that really isn't saying much. We really need to stay away from these english players and actually try sign world class defenders

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Yep. Whilst being an obvious upgrade on what we have now, that really isn't saying much. We really need to stay away from these english players and actually try sign world class defenders

A scarecrow and a tin man is better than most of our lot!! 
 

(still very bitter). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Yep. Whilst being an obvious upgrade on what we have now, that really isn't saying much. We really need to stay away from these english players and actually try sign world class defenders

Such as...? Would those world class defenders be available and willing to sign for us?

Not the first time I read the bold statement that we could do better for our millions, without naming a realistic target. Let's face facts here: proven world class defenders are thin on the ground, and perhaps not willing to come to Chelsea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Yep. Whilst being an obvious upgrade on what we have now, that really isn't saying much. We really need to stay away from these english players and actually try sign world class defenders

You seem to be very anti English players all over this forum for some reason, you dont want us to sign any of the English players we are linked with and often name overseas player instead. 
You also want Mount benched and replaced by an overseas player, whats your problem with English players exactly?

Edited by dkw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Such as...? Would those world class defenders be available and willing to sign for us?

Not the first time I read the bold statement that we could do better for our millions, without naming a realistic target. Let's face facts here: proven world class defenders are thin on the ground, and perhaps not willing to come to Chelsea.

Upamecano from Leipzig and Gimenez from Athletico... Both levels above Dunk and Rice. They would be willing to come given the money they would be paid

Edited by driller97
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

You seem to be very anti English players all over this forum for some reason, you dont want us to sign any of the English players we are lined with and often name overseas player instead. 
You also want Mount benched and replaced by an overseas player, whats your problem with English players exactly?

Vast majority of them are so overhyped for their pricetags that its a joke. For example, Sancho is a good player that I like, but 120m is pretty ridiculous.

Maguire 80m, Chilwell 80m, Dunk 40m, Rice 80m? Grealish and Maddison can be added to that list as well. These are ridiculous prices and you know it, you can get much better foreign players for less money. Mount is a good squad player, but he's not as good as Havertz or Aouar and that much is obvious.

Its just the english tax/bias as soon as someone breaks through does my head in. No clubs apart from english clubs would even consider paying prices like these for these kind of players and thats telling.

Edited by driller97
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Vast majority of them are so overhyped for their pricetags that its a joke. For example, Sancho is a good player that I like, but 120m is pretty ridiculous.

Maguire 80m, Chilwell 80m, Dunk 40m, Rice 80m? Grealish and Maddison can be added to that list as well. These are ridiculous prices and you know it, you can get much better foreign players for less money. Mount is a good squad player, but he's not as good as Havertz or Aouar and that much is obvious.

Its just the english tax/bias as soon as someone breaks through does my head in. No clubs apart from english clubs would even consider paying prices like these for these kind of players and thats telling.

Why do you care about the price, if hes the right player, the player the manager wants and the club are willing to spend it then the price is the price, so what. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why do you care about the price, if hes the right player, the player the manager wants and the club are willing to spend it then the price is the price, so what. 

From what I've seen, Tagliafico is a better player for 1/4 of the price.. But the english bias see's us going for Chilwell for 80m. 20m for Tagliafico and saving the 60m to buy someone like Upamecano or Gimenez is 100x better than just spunking it all on a LB like Chilwell is poor.

The obsession with buying/wanting to buy English players needs to stop because most of them aren't even that good.

Edited by driller97
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, driller97 said:

From what I've seen, Tagliafico is a better player for 1/4 of the price.. But the english bias see's us going for Chilwell for 80m. 20m for Tagliafico and saving the 60m to buy someone like Upamecano or Gimenez is 100x better than just spunking it all on a LB like Chilwell is poor.

The obsession with buying/wanting to buy English players needs to stop because most of them aren't even that good.

If you honestly think we are buying Chilwell for loads more money over those other players youve seen on youtube simply because hes English then you have no idea what is going on at the club. We have literally signed 2 players that arent English on the last few weeks, and are about to sign another. Its f**k all to do with where they are from, its which player fits the way the manager wants us to play, which one is actually available, which one has the right attitude, which one has the ability to fit in with the squad, which one has the ability to move tens/hundreds/thousands of miles, which agent he is with (unfortunately) and other things we dont even think about. 

As for your last line, I thinks very telling over your attitude, they are very good, they are often up there with the very best but for some reason certain fans cant see it as they prefer the latest shiny foreign thing on twitter/youtube/FIFA/Football Manager or a myriad of other bullsh*t things.

Edited by dkw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, driller97 said:

From what I've seen, Tagliafico is a better player for 1/4 of the price.. But the english bias see's us going for Chilwell for 80m. 20m for Tagliafico and saving the 60m to buy someone like Upamecano or Gimenez is 100x better than just spunking it all on a LB like Chilwell is poor.

The obsession with buying/wanting to buy English players needs to stop because most of them aren't even that good.

Is he though? 

Tag is older and playing in a farmers league. 

Rice looks like he could be the real deal and can play CB or DM. He's young and can be moulded. The scouts have spotted something. 

Also let's see 1) if we buy these players and 2) what the price is before you start saying it's 20m for tag and 80m for chilwell. Maybe it's 60m and 30m. Which considering the ages and experience in PL, isn't an unfair difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

Happy Tech GIF by Atlassian

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, let me in!