Declan Rice to Chelsea?

Until they decide to hire a competent coach who knows how to put the team on defense, whatever players are going to sign, there are amateur teams more defensively organized than Chelsea.

And it's not entirely the players' fault.

We don't have a Norwich or Aston Villa-level defense or goalkeeper.

As long as I don't see that coach coming, no news will excite me.

20 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

If we want leadership at the back, how about trying Ampadu ?

Hasn't had many opportunities on loan, but he looked decent when he played CB vs Spurs in the CL ...

Ampadu is quality, i think if David Luiz left before he went out in loan, he wouldve stayed and tomori wouldve gone out.

He needs a run of games though, so if he does stay we need to play him fairly regularly. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Kind of want him now. The Athletic had a piece on him and in it Matthew Upson really praised him. He seems to be a real leader. No wonder he has captains armband in aging West Ham side. 

Zouma is our best CB, replacing Zouma with Rice would not be that big of an upgrade. I think a combination of Zouma & Rice would actually be decent, Christensen looks really good against better technical teams whereas struggles against any type of physicality. Rudiger is far too inconsistent and gets drawn out of position far too much leaving gaping holes behind him. 

With Rice and Zouma I reckon we'll have a destroyer in Zouma alongside a more technical playmaker who positionally could become elite. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Kind of want him now. The Athletic had a piece on him and in it Matthew Upson really praised him. He seems to be a real leader. No wonder he has captains armband in aging West Ham side. 

Thats actually not a bad deal at all. I would offer them all 3 (With Tomori on loan) and I think its good! Not like Bats and Zouma have a future for us anyway

6 hours ago, Zeta said:

barkley has been playing well since the restart, we should keep him.

Yes he been okay recently, but won't improve any further really, he's at his limit, so best sell while he's at his maximum, another couple of years and he'll be going to someone like Stoke for peanuts, sell to a middling prem team now and your get a decent fee.

10 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

They already have Antonio and Haller as strikers so i dont think West Ham would be interested in Bats . Barkley and Zouma on the other hand could do the job.

I think Bats would do great in the Eredivisie. We can offer him to Ajax in exchange for Onana or Tagliafico 

Yeah okay, I just don't like Ajax, but still 🤔

Edited by Valerie
10 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

They already have Antonio and Haller as strikers so i dont think West Ham would be interested in Bats . Barkley and Zouma on the other hand could do the job.

Isn’t Antonio really a winger? Seems a case of him just doing a job in the interim.

If we're looking at him as a DM I'd hope we'd be looking at the likes of Casemiro, Bentancur, Neves, or Ndidi. He's in good form but as the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent - he looks to me to be a player playing at the peak of his potential. He won't be a substitute for an established left sided centre back and he'll stifle our attack in midfield - in other words another expensive dud on our hands. In terms of ball playing centre backs a safer bet would be Javi Martinez, imho.

Edited by the special one
13 hours ago, the special one said:

If we're looking at him as a DM I'd hope we'd be looking at the likes of Casemiro, Bentancur, Neves, or Ndidi. He's in good form but as the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent - he looks to me to be a player playing at the peak of his potential. He won't be a substitute for an established left sided centre back and he'll stifle our attack in midfield - in other words another expensive dud on our hands. In terms of ball playing centre backs a safer bet would be Javi Martinez, imho.

Javi Martinez is too old.

15 hours ago, the special one said:

No way. Old and injury prone. 

The only one we should buy from Bayern is Alaba. LB,  DM,  CB all rolled into one

I like Declan he's already a cracking player in my opinion, he's only 21 so to say he's at his peak is nonsense.  Whether he can play centre back is a completely different question that nobody can really know so it would be a big gamble to buy him for that role.  If we bought him to play in midfield who is he going to play ahead of? We already have Gilmour, Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic. 

I think added to the exciting flair players we have bought, rice would be a great addition. He brings that much needed steel and fighting spirit coupled with a real quality at his age. Zouma seems to have hit form. Id give them batshuayi and tomori on a season long loan and throw in 20m