Yes i knows its early, but i'm excited to see the Genesis of a new team, with the players we are buying and linked with, what will the first XI look like, leave blanks where you think new players are to fill spots.
3-5-1-1

................................................................................... New Keeper

James.......................................................RuDi/Christensen................................................New lift sided defender, Rice (C)?

Ziyech.....................................................Kova...................Kante...................Mount......................................Pulisic

.....................................................................................Havertz?

.....................................................................................Werner

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Yes i knows its early, but i'm excited to see the Genesis of a new team, with the players we are buying and linked with, what will the first XI look like, leave blanks where you think new players are to fill spots.
3-5-1-1

................................................................................... New Keeper

James.......................................................RuDi/Christensen................................................New lift sided defender, Rice (C)?

Ziyech.....................................................Kova...................Kante...................Mount......................................Pulisic

.....................................................................................Havertz?

.....................................................................................Werner

James RCB and Ziyech and Pulisic as wing backs?

GK: New, Caballero

RB: James, Azpilicueta

LB: New, Alonso

CB: New, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori

DM: Kante, New

CM: Kovacic, Havertz, Mount, RLC, Gilmour

Wingers: Ziyech, Pulisic, Odoi           

Strikers: Werner, Giroud, Abraham

Sell: Jorginho, Barkley, Zouma, Kepa, Bakayoko, Emerson

-----------New---------------

James---Rudiger---New----New

---Havertz---Kante---Kovacic----

Ziyech------Werner------Pulisic

41 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Surely Zouma has done enough to stay ahead of Rudiger and Christiansen. 

Agree with the rest though. 

43 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Mount is now one of Lamps Faves he's a starter for me?

31 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Mount is now one of Lamps Faves he's a starter for me?

I'm sure Lamps will rotate alot between Kovacic and Mount. I just prefer Kovacic, if we have someone like Havertz alongside him to score goals from midfield. Kovacic techincal ability, dribbling and pace is a level above Mount, he is excellent at keeping possession in crowded areas while moving forward from midfield.

33 minutes ago, big blue said:

I could pick a name out of a hat almost when it comes to those three. I don't think anyone of them are good enough and we should look to replace them over time.

Edited by comtrend
44 minutes ago, big blue said:

Agree with this.  Out of all four current CBs, Zouma and Tomori would be the ones I want to keep.  Zouma because he seems to be the only one that can do the basics of defending and gives us some power at the back.  Tomori because he is full of pace and think he could be a great CB.

Rudi has really declined - looks at accident waiting to happen.  And no one seems to miss Andreas when he isn't in the team.

Alright, heres my two cents.

Kepa has to go! Perhaps an opportunity for some kind of exchange with him, Athletico, the Morata money and Oblak! If not perhaps Onana will be plan B. 

Other arrivals might well be Rice, i rate him and like to see up and coming commanding English youngsters in the blue jersey, and Tagliafico looks a better and more cost effective option than Chilwell.

As i said in other threads i see a pretty big comparison between Firminho and Havertz, reckon he would be a quality focal point in the front line, especially with the likes of Pulisic and Werner playing off him. Although plenty of flexibility with him and most of the others.

For midfield i think Kova is pure class and i like Mount, Jorginho and RLC as other options. Kante although he has been awesome for us i think now is a good time to sell him.

So i would like to see a 4-2-3-1 setup with the below players. Listed in order of priority.

GK - Oblak, Caballero 

RB - Azpi, James

CB - Rice, Zouma, Tomori, Christensen

LB - Tagliafico, Alonso

Midfield - Kovacic, Mount, Jorginho, RLC

Attacking options - Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Giroud, Mount, Abraham, CHO.

So significant player sales that i can think of off the cuff are Kepa, Emerson, Rudiger, Kante, Barkley and Batshuayi. With Kante worth at least 50 or 60 and the others at least 20 or 30 each you'd think this would be a significant amount of income.

2 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Alright, heres my two cents.

Kepa has to go! Perhaps an opportunity for some kind of exchange with him, Athletico, the Morata money and Oblak! If not perhaps Onana will be plan B. 

Other arrivals might well be Rice, i rate him and like to see up and coming commanding English youngsters in the blue jersey, and Tagliafico looks a better and more cost effective option than Chilwell.

As i said in other threads i see a pretty big comparison between Firminho and Havertz, reckon he would be a quality focal point in the front line, especially with the likes of Pulisic and Werner playing off him. Although plenty of flexibility with him and most of the others.

For midfield i think Kova is pure class and i like Mount, Jorginho and RLC as other options. Kante although he has been awesome for us i think now is a good time to sell him.

So i would like to see a 4-2-3-1 setup with the below players. Listed in order of priority.

GK - Oblak, Caballero 

RB - Azpi, James

CB - Rice, Zouma, Tomori, Christensen

LB - Tagliafico, Alonso

Midfield - Kovacic, Mount, Jorginho, RLC

Attacking options - Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Giroud, Mount, Abraham, CHO.

So significant player sales that i can think of off the cuff are Kepa, Emerson, Rudiger, Kante, Barkley and Batshuayi. With Kante worth at least 50 or 60 and the others at least 20 or 30 each you'd think this would be a significant amount of income.

Drinkwater, in old money 2/6.......if you're lucky

On 21/07/2020 at 12:05, Ballack & Blu said:

3-5-1-1

Arn't wingers Ziyech and Pulisic effectively forwards?  I've heard some classify them as midfielders but they might as well be forwards.

I think Lamps wants to play 4-3-3.  I think that the only reason we went back three this season was to shore up our leaky defence. 

So looking 4-3-3 first choices are:

Front three: Pulisic - Werner - Ziyech

Midfield:  Mount - Kante - Havertz

Defence: New LB - New Leader CB - Tormori/Zouma/Rudiger - James

Goal: New keeper

Subs: Giroud; Abraham; CHO; Kovacic; Gilmore; RLC; Azpi; Gallagher; Guehi; Cabellero

That's the attacking midfield line-up. Kova or RLC or Gilmore all provide alternative combinations. 

Going attacking means we need to have a solid back four with a new LB and a leader in the centre.  In an ideal world Kepa would knuckle down and prove he can do a job, but I'm not convinced so a new 'keeper it must too.

I think Emerson; Jorghino; Barkley; and Christensen are all out the door.  Thanks Pedro, Willian needs a decision.

12 minutes ago, fester said:

I think Lamps wants to play 4-3-3.  I think that the only reason we went back three this season was to shore up our leaky defence. 

So looking 4-3-3 first choices are:

Front three: Pulisic - Werner - Ziyech

Midfield:  Mount - Kante - Havertz

Defence: New LB - New Leader CB - Tormori/Zouma/Rudiger - James

Goal: New keeper

Subs: Giroud; Abraham; CHO; Kovacic; Gilmore; RLC; Azpi; Gallagher; Guehi; Cabellero

That's the attacking midfield line-up. Kova or RLC or Gilmore all provide alternative combinations. 

Going attacking means we need to have a solid back four with a new LB and a leader in the centre.  In an ideal world Kepa would knuckle down and prove he can do a job, but I'm not convinced so a new 'keeper it must too.

I think Emerson; Jorghino; Barkley; and Christensen are all out the door.  Thanks Pedro, Willian needs a decision.

Almost spot on! I disagree with getting rid of Jorginho as i him and Kovacic is our best pairing as a midfield 2 when we play 5 at the back.

Pedro, Willian, Barkley, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson, Batshuayi all need to go from the current squad.

We can bring in Tagliafico and a top CB and if we can somehow sell or loan out Kepa, then we can buy a top keeper too as well. We then have an amazing starting XI on paper, and also actually a very good bench. I do feel we might end up selling Kante or Jorginho though as we can't have both, our MF is stacked

I'll also be happy if we could sign another winger like Benrahma, but i think that may hinder CHO's chances so Im not too sure. But we can't go a whole season with only 1 winger as backup (assuming Willian leaves)

Edited by driller97

Kepa (I just don't know who to put here bc it isn't going to be Oblak)

James | Rice Zouma | Tagliafico

Havertz | Kante | Mount

Ziyech | Werner | Pulisic

That's what I think will be our primary XI next season. Of course, probably not Kepa. I do think we buy a keeper, I just don't think we will be able to offload Kepa. Think we will get either Tagliafico or Telles for LB and keep Alonso. As for CB I'm just gonna go with Rice due to the continuity of how often we are linked with him and I hope we don't sell Zouma. The middle 3 and the front 3 is where it's going to be interesting. I'm really excited to see Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic, Abraham, Willian (potentially), CHO, Kova, RLC, Billy G, Mount, Kante, Havertz, maybe Ampadu, maybe Jorginho. We definitely have an embarrassment of riches almost in those areas of the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

Thinking about this you wonder what we do with our academy emoji16.png

In this version we would have 3 players from our academy in the starting lineup: Tomori, James and Mount. The backups for some include Tammy, RLC and CHO. I'm ok with selling Christensen so I didn't put him as a backup, the idea is that we buy a new CB and that he rotates with Rudiger and that Rice is there as the anchor man.

I'm guessing that Liverpool probably has less academy players in their starting lineup.

On 27/07/2020 at 18:43, Valpo said:

Arn't wingers Ziyech and Pulisic effectively forwards?  I've heard some classify them as midfielders but they might as well be forwards.

I put them behind Havertz only to show i'd play Havertz as the No10 playmaker role, but they are def fwd players