Fulham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Jan 2021 17:30 GMT

No need to bring James back for this one, I would also be tempted to use this game to allow some players a break.

Mendy

Azpi

Tomori

Silva

Emerson

Jorginho 

Kovacic

Ziyech

Havertz

CHO

Werner

Not likely i know however here is why.

Think Chilwell and James could do with the extend breather.

We should see a lot of the ball, so Silva especially and Tomori to a degree are good on the ball and Tomori has speed to cover back.

Kovacic job is to harass them on the ball, get it back and give it simple to Jorginho who can pick a pass to Ziyech or over the top to Werner or CHO. 

Ziyech can be looking for Werner, CHO and Havertz as he did today.

Yes I know Mount will not be dropped nor does he deserve it but this seems a game for him to take a well deserved breather. He and Zouma both.

We are normally Fulham's cup final though without fans that will be a little different.

Parker has made them more difficult to beat with recent draws against the Saints and Liverpool so we will need to play well to get a result.

I liked the look of both CHO and Havertz today and Mount also took the opening goal well too. 

I think everyone is fit which is fantastic. 

4-3-3 Mendy, Dave (over James for his experience and leadership), Zouma, Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Havertz, Mount, CHO, Pulisic, Werner. 

Leaving out Ziyech was probably the toughest call, but I suspect he is still working his way back to fitness and we need to handle all three wingers carefully given their injury troubles. He will be there to bring on for CHO if we need it and Pulisic if the game is won.

Pulisic will start which means cho will miss out because ziyech will also start

mount will play and so will one of kova and Jorginho which means havertz will haveto be lucky not sure I’d start Werner. Following our recent results I’ve finally learned after 55 years of watching, analyzing and more than 60years since I first kicked a ball that I haven’t got a clue about what works and doesn’t work. So I hope frank kniws a bit more about how to get consistent performance. 

4 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I think everyone is fit which is fantastic. 

4-3-3 Mendy, Dave (over James for his experience and leadership), Zouma, Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Havertz, Mount, CHO, Pulisic, Werner. 

Leaving out Ziyech was probably the toughest call, but I suspect he is still working his way back to fitness and we need to handle all three wingers carefully given their injury troubles. He will be there to bring on for CHO if we need it and Pulisic if the game is won.

If James is fully fit, he starts ahead of Dave. This season he’s been one of our best players and he’s so much better, Dave’s been a really solid defender for us throughout the years but James’ potential is massive and to be honest, he’s not that far off Dave at his peak now.

I’m not impressed with Azpi this year either, no doubt about the effort and passion but the quality just isn’t quite there. Excellent back up, not that great as a starter in my opinion.

10 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

If James is fully fit, he starts ahead of Dave. This season he’s been one of our best players and he’s so much better, Dave’s been a really solid defender for us throughout the years but James’ potential is massive and to be honest, he’s not that far off Dave at his peak now.

I’m not impressed with Azpi this year either, no doubt about the effort and passion but the quality just isn’t quite there. Excellent back up, not that great as a starter in my opinion.

No doubt Reece has played well but I just sense this is a day for Dave and his pragmatism and solid defending. Perhaps his polish going forward isn't quite the same bit he still has a role to play on certain days.

• coco changed the title to Fulham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Jan 2021 17:30 GMT
26 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Nothing but 3 points against a poor Fulham side is acceptable....although didn't we say that against Arsenal? :rolleyes:

As poor as Fulham are they are better than Arsenal!

1 hour ago, coco said:

ok put your hatchet down, i see where you get your name from.

🤪