Aurelian Tchouameni

ozboy

20 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Tchouamnei was happy coming to be fourth choice?

Janet,mosaic and Jorghinio are running on fumes and can't be counted to play more than 50% of the remaining games. Prior to Kante coming on yesterday there were huge gaps in the Chelsea midfield. Jorghinio gave the ball away way too many times in the midfield.. There is plenty of playing time available for Tchouameni given the volume of games and rest needed in the Chelsea midfield. . 

• 3 months later...

Feels like the gap is going to be even bigger next season. City and Liverpool will take yet another jump while we go backwards. Not all the club’s fault this time - but last summer left us too short in hindsight. Now we’re losing our only prime CB.

Edited by Adamrb

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

The Ligue 1 side are named as a ‘selling club’ and there are discussions about the player’s possible sale in the summer. The report also mentions an amount ‘close to €70m’ as a starting price for him.

Tchouaméni ‘wants to take a step forward’ after this season, by moving to a league that is more competitive than Ligue 1. This makes it difficult for Paris Saint-Germain, while there are other clubs, like Chelsea, who have already made an approach for him.

It’s claimed Thomas Tuchel’s side have ‘asked about his future and are looking for a quick decision’.

Los Blancos have been following the player for several months but have informed him that he will have wait for one more year to arrive at the Spanish capital club.

Tchouaméni is aware of Madrid’s intention, as well as that of clubs from the Premier League, who are ‘willing to incorporate the midfielder’. However, he ‘does not seem willing to wait’ for one more year to join Real Madrid.

This could favour Chelsea and other English sides to acquire Tchouaméni’s signature in the summer.

Chelsea gain advantage over Real in Tchouameni

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Supposedly has agreed terms with Liverpool already.

Source? 

Only thing I am seeing is that us and Liverpool are interested over Real because the latter want to sign him summer of 2023. Liverpool are only the "front runners" because every media outlet and their dog see us still sanctioned. 

Liverpool sources are typically sh*t. Just today there was a Mane/Gnabry swap, to which BILD said it was bollocks. Hope this is the case as well. 

20 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Source? 

Only thing I am seeing is that us and Liverpool are interested over Real because the latter want to sign him summer of 2023. Liverpool are only the "front runners" because every media outlet and their dog see us still sanctioned. 

Liverpool sources are typically sh*t. Just today there was a Mane/Gnabry swap, to which BILD said it was bollocks. Hope this is the case as well. 

I think it was about a week ago I saw it reported that he agreed things with Klopp bit for the life of me I don't remember what site reported it. Sorry. 

Liverpools had not agreed a deal with Monaco the piece said, and their opening offer was 50mill.

sky and or times said we were in for him in one of the club sale articles in the last week or 3, Everyone is moving on our targets whilst we are docked awaiting re supply!

In general I have a hard time believing "nobody" related in any form to Chelsea isn't or wasn't in talks with potential signings or our players while sanctioned. I mean those in the business are in talks all the friggin time, no matter if allowed to or not, so I doubt we disconnected the phones altogether. Massive hinderance still of course.

20 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Unfortunate that we didn’t execute this deal last summer. Was reportedly all agreed and Chelsea decided against it in the end.

Unless Monaco wanted to keep him for an additional season and the clubs agreed to revisit the following year. (a rumor I heard was the case)

I'm being incredibly (albeit foolishly) optimistic that our relationship with Monaco has us frontrunners. 

48 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Unfortunate that we didn’t execute this deal last summer. Was reportedly all agreed and Chelsea decided against it in the end.

Given he is on his way to pool next season aye.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Given he is on his way to pool next season aye.

so was werner...

Plenty of links with us still, his best friend is kounde who he played with at Bordeaux, they both share the same agent, and we reportedly agreed terms for them both last summer. 

I think we are still in with a chance if we get this takeover wrapped up soon. 

30 minutes ago, big blue said:

so was werner...

Plenty of links with us still, his best friend is kounde who he played with at Bordeaux, they both share the same agent, and we reportedly agreed terms for them both last summer. 

I think we are still in with a chance if we get this takeover wrapped up soon. 

Different times, different Chelsea. Maybe the new owners are willing to make a splash like that, maybe they wont.