Aurelian Tchouameni

ozboy

• 4 weeks later...

So I want to give this a bump because there are now stories that Gilmour is wanted by Wolves and Norwich on loan next season and I think its likely he will take one offer or another. It takes a season or two to really get established in midfield and he won't play often enough at Chelsea. On the other hand I expect one or two of Kante Jorginho and Kova to be injured regularly in what's a long season coming straight off a pretty tough euro campaign for all three. Maybe kova will be out soon but not the other two. So I figure we need midfield reinforcements.

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Some of these internet bloggers are getting pretty desperate for content 🙂

I imagine Tuchel will be more interested in someone like Julian Weigl who he has managed before.

I hope not; he is an average DM, and there are better options available on the market 

36 minutes ago, ducavis said:

I hope not; he is an average DM, and there are better options available on the market 

I dare say you are right. Also possible that he will have a good look in pre-season at the players we already have that have been out on loan !

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Him ot Bissouma would be good options imo.

Still hoping Leicesters lack of announcement gives us an outside chance of gazummping them for Patson Daka too though dont think it will happen.

Are you still using dial-up for internet?! Hahahaha. You must be, the only explanation I have for how slow you seem to be picking up the latest news 😄. Either that or you're using carrier pidgeon.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12345487/patson-daka-leicester-city-complete-23m-transfer-of-zambian-striker-from-rb-salzburg

38 minutes ago, thebluekid said:

Are you still using dial-up for internet?! Hahahaha. You must be, the only explanation I have for how slow you seem to be picking up the latest news 😄. Either that or you're using carrier pidgeon.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12345487/patson-daka-leicester-city-complete-23m-transfer-of-zambian-striker-from-rb-salzburg

Euros are clogging up the front page on the mobile site for most everything, guess that one slipped me by. Ah well.

5 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Here's a great one, featuring Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/danny-drinkwaters-2016-17-stats-compare-chelseas-midfield/

And yet watching just one leg against Juve in the Champions League would have shown that his first touch makes Lukaku look like Messi and suggest he probably wasn't for us.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gol15 said:

E6v7Q3mUUAA-Z8R?format=jpg&name=900x900

I was amazed once I first saw rumours about transfer links to Chelsea a couple of weeks ago and while I'm quite relaxed about the Haaland/next striker saga I'm almost dissapointed that we didn't sign Tchouameni already weeks ago,lol. French clubs desparately need the money, he got the talent and skills, doesn't cost 100m pounds and we've got a AAA coach that speaks fluently French. Why isn't this a done deal already!!? :D

That said, I read that English clubs usually start around mid August to mess around and get deals done so still some time to kill.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from tuchel

”We come from a situation where Kovacic was on the pitch [against Arsenal] but N’Golo only played 30 minutes and Jorginho is coming soon so we have to be careful that we don’t over-use them. We are also prepared for maybe some little injuries and that’s why we are still scouting”

at what point does UEFA actually do something? I am so sick of this bullsh*t. Real punishment needs to brought down on clubs/leagues; strong financial punishment, removal from European competitions, or relegation. I mean something... 

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea clearly need another midfielder. Don't get fooled  by yesterday's Palace as they will likely be in the relegation zone this year. 

Use the proceeds of the Abraham AS Roma as a part of the financing to acquire Tchouamen or Carnavinga. Both are young and dynamic midfielders which is a glaring need at Chelsea. 

9 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Chelsea clearly need another midfielder. Don't get fooled  by yesterday's Palace as they will likely be in the relegation zone this year. 

Use the proceeds of the Abraham AS Roma as a part of the financing to acquire Tchouamen or Carnavinga. Both are young and dynamic midfielders which is a glaring need at Chelsea. 

Agreed! Not sure about Camavinga (probably R.Madrid bound in his mind already) but with Gilmour gone I'd bet big money on a midfield signing - unfortunately I don't have any. Not sure if Koundé could play the Kanté role to some extent but one of the two players you've mentioned would help us tremendously. Would be almost a flawless squad imho with the perfect balance.

My sense is we need midfielder more than defence but I am not Tommy T and not a clue how to choose between Tchouameni and Kounde. Money,ability, personality, chelsea need, so many criteria.