Aurelian Tchouameni

ozboy

5 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Honestly don’t know too much about him beyond a strong reputation for such a young player. If he has an engine, power and technical ability he’d be a welcome addition. 

He could be at first a decent backup for Kante and Jorginho and then fully taking over and dominating the ball for us with some experience. That would in turn also mean that Rice won't be our player in the future.

He starts for France and last France game I saw he looked really good particularly defensively If you watch the youtube videos he is excellent in the tackle, like Kante, and is quick both on and off the ball. With the ball its mostly about long cross field bombs, rather than the central through passes. 

5 minutes ago, ozboy said:

He starts for France and last France game I saw he looked really good particularly defensively If you watch the youtube videos he is excellent in the tackle, like Kante, and is quick both on and off the ball. With the ball its mostly about long cross field bombs, rather than the central through passes. 

Sounds good, is he the right heir to Kantes throne though? Cause if so is a no Brainer and the club should get on it. Qe have badly missed Kante this season.

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

The only reason I can think of as to why we wouldn't want Tchouameni is if we are in for Franck Kessie on a free at the end of the season. 

Or we want Rice at the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Or we want Rice at the end of the season. 

I still don't think we will sign Rice for a huge fee when we already evaluated him as "not good enough" (albeit that has now changed) and released him for nothing.

It's just not the way we operate.

Kessie is available free at end of season, plays DM, and offers goal threat as well, and at mid 20s is at or nearing his peak.

Tchouameni is the future of the France midfield, is already in their side, is young, powerful, technical and would cost about half of what Rice would cost, and could be sold in 5 years to someone like Real Madrid for a good profit, if necessary. 

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I still don't think we will sign Rice for a huge fee when we already evaluated him as "not good enough" (albeit that has now changed) and released him for nothing.

It's just not the way we operate.

Kessie is available free at end of season, plays DM, and offers goal threat as well, and at mid 20s is at or nearing his peak.

Tchouameni is the future of the France midfield, is already in their side, is young, powerful, technical and would cost about half of what Rice would cost, and could be sold in 5 years to someone like Real Madrid for a good profit, if necessary. 

He has the height and the strength and by the looks of it he's not shy to play the ball either. The type of a transfer that would make our midfield stable for years to come.

Many reports say that "Chelsea is exploring a potential deal" so here's hoping that something comes out of it. Would be a shame to see him going to another PL club, if they ask for 60m it's still a fair price considering he's only 21. Would be annoyed if he ends up in Man United.

20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He has the height and the strength and by the looks of it he's not shy to play the ball either. The type of a transfer that would make our midfield stable for years to come.

Many reports say that "Chelsea is exploring a potential deal" so here's hoping that something comes out of it. Would be a shame to see him going to another PL club, if they ask for 60m it's still a fair price considering he's only 21. Would be annoyed if he ends up in Man United.

It would but even more reports say we won't be active in January and at most will bring a loan players back or sign (likely loan) a chilwell cover option.

13 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

I think Chelsea want and prefer Rice over this guy, i cant see us buying both at the moment. Think would rather wait for Rice and keep the money.

Peter Cech wanted to sign Tchouameni however he was overruled by those who preferred a Saul loan. Chelsea needs a Ksnte replacement now as he likely won't be able to play more than 50% of the remaining games. Plus they can also use some money to sign Silva,  Christensen and Azpi

7 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Peter Cech wanted to sign Tchouameni however he was overruled by those who preferred a Saul loan. Chelsea needs a Ksnte replacement now as he likely won't be able to play more than 50% of the remaining games. Plus they can also use some money to sign Silva,  Christensen and Azpi

Tchouamnei was happy coming to be fourth choice?