Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the next manager?

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Some comments. Jesus wept. 

Blame ownership for making quick and hasty decisions without understanding football. 

Now blaming ownership for employing football people to conduct a thorough managerial search to make sure we get it right. 

We really are the most toxic fan base. Deserve everything we get. 

Yeah not sure why people are complaining about the process. I think we’ve reached a point where things have gone so bad that the owners can do no good

1 minute ago, Drogba1 said:

His Celtic side have 103 goals in 33 games, and have only dropped 7 points all season, even by their standards that's pretty impressive

And he's been a massive success wherever he's been too. If we don't at least interview him we would be missing out on a potential young and brilliant manager.

2 minutes ago, ChumpX said:

And he's been a massive success wherever he's been too. If we don't at least interview him we would be missing out on a potential young and brilliant manager.

He's 57 and has only managed in Australia and Japan prior to Celtic, he has potential but it would be a risk. 

2 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

I don't get why De Zerbi isn't even being considered though

1 minute ago, Drogba1 said:

Think we're going to regret not giving Nagelsmann what he wanted, his sacking at Bayern is ageing worse and worse by the week

Time will tell.

We are at the mercy of the footballing brains now running our club. When Stewart, who fully understands the RB model, feels there are red flags with Nagelsmann, I think we should feel a little more secured as opposed to them outright picking Nagelsmann because of nepotism (RB ties). 

De Zerbi may be too early. I like what he's doing at Brighton and hope he stays there. 

1 hour ago, Drogba1 said:

Pochettino is a safe if unspectacular option. Will improve our young players, get the team fit and is solid tactially. If he can get us top 4 for the next 2 years whilst developing our prospects we will be in a much better position than we are now, even if he doesn't turn out to be the next long term coach for us.

Spot on, and if the club had any real foresight they would also bring in a young aspiring coach below Pochettino to work with the development squad, so as these all start to break through  if Pochettino is then looking for his next gig, we would already have our project manager to come through along with the players.

It can't be Lampard, Terry, Or Morris as they have already been in the limelight and their pride wouldn't allow it. But somebody behind thecscenes, Ashley Cole for example could form part of Pochettino's backroom,  with the task of purely coaching and overseeing the development of all of these young talents that we are signing.

Just now, Drogba1 said:

Think we're going to regret not giving Nagelsmann what he wanted, his sacking at Bayern is ageing worse and worse by the week

I'm not really sold on him yet. As with players, plenty of managers previously have been hyped up because of their young age, before it turned out they weren't quite of a truly elite standard. What has Nagelsmann actually "achieved" to make everyone rate him quite so highly?

Just now, Drogba1 said:

He's 57 and has only managed in Australia and Japan prior to Celtic, he has potential but it would be a risk. 

Yeah I get that it's a risk but I can only assume people that are dismissing Ange Postecoglou don't know his quality. I live in Australia and am a big fan of his and have no doubt at all that he will be a success in the EPL. He has always achieved results well beyond his station. I'd say we could afford to double his Celtic wage but offer only a two year contract to see how he pans out. If it doesn't work he'll have 4 years worth of Celtic wage and the freedom to work somewhere else. Everyone else just doesn't excite me. Pochettino? Nah, if he was the man we'd have hired him by now, too many reservations. Anyway it's Ange all the way for me.

2 minutes ago, FlaxenHairedPivot said:

I think what we need at this moment is the least risk possible, which of the apparent remaining candidates would be Pochettino for me, we can't afford a Potter 2.0, somebody who could be brilliant, or could be a disaster.

I disagree - I think what we need at the moment is a long term vision, with trust put into the person to implement that - without owners and short term charlie fans getting trigger happy at the first sign of a speed bump.

Just now, OriginalS said:

Everything suggests Nagelsmann rejected us, not the other way around.

Nah. From what's been reported, Nagelsmann is the type of bloke that will say "I Quit" just after his employers informed him he's sacked. 

The Athletic, Fabrizio Romano, and Matt Law have all reported the club found issues with Nagelsmann, to which Nagelsmann allegedly felt insulted he wasn't offered the job then and there and removed himself from candidacy. 

What I have learnt from this season and I particular this process is that I hate twitter. 

This season the news “aggregators” have started to get more opinionated, and by that I mean “let’s be as controversial as possible” 

I’m slowing avoiding most of those and sticking with trusted journalists like Matt Law (who gives you the truth whether you like it or not) 

14 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Wenger hardly had a stellar cv ....he turned out ok

Not sure about that one. He is credited, along with Houllier as being part of the group that redefined French football that is still successful to this day. I remember when Hoddle moved to his Monaco team stating that he was the most progressive manager he'd ever worked with.

I get your point. Everybody has to start somewhere. Class is permanent and will always find its way to the top.

29 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Nah. From what's been reported, Nagelsmann is the type of bloke that will say "I Quit" just after his employers informed him he's sacked. 

The Athletic, Fabrizio Romano, and Matt Law have all reported the club found issues with Nagelsmann, to which Nagelsmann allegedly felt insulted he wasn't offered the job then and there and removed himself from candidacy. 

The Athletic today reported that Nagelsmann was the one who told us on Thursday that he was out.

I'll give the board credit for one thing and that is that they were good at controlling the narrative for most of the season. That's also unraveled a bit now but they clearly got a bunch of journos on speed-dial to get things out there like those "Potter is still backed" articles that came out after every game we lost for a long while.
But where it perhaps unraveled a bit was when it was reported that Nagelsmann & Enrique were our main two candidates and they have both now rejected us as they had no faith in the structure. That's a hard one to spin for someone as invested in our structure as we are but they are at least trying.

No one can convince me that going from Nagelsmann, Enrique and Zidane on the shortlist to Pochettino, Kompany & Ange is a positive development.