Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the next manager?

5 hours ago, dermott said:

Ange's title in Japan was in their second division. Won in Australia? Check out the standard of the Australian league. If Potter was out of his depth, which many suggest, Ange tops him.

Ange's title in Japan was with the J1 league. Of course Australian football is hopeless. I personally think it would be a big step up for him but then so was Japan over Australia. So was Celtic over Japan.  Celtic is a big club, he already has more champions league experience than Potter when Potter was appointed. 

He wasn't expected to last a month a Celtic now he is the toast of the club. I have followed his career since he coached the Brisbane Roar. There the first thing he did was sack a number of older players (including world cup players who had had successful international careers) and brought in a bunch of younger players. Then they started scoring goals and playing exciting football that even someone like me (a Sydney platinum plus member) had to admire.

When we (Australia) won the Asian championship we did it with a very average team, although the comp was held in Australia. We only just won because South Korea had a good team and Japan are always competitive.

Pochettino has really not had that big a coaching record. He is like Potter in doing ok without winning. He may do very well with Chelsea. Who am I to say. I haven't met him or attended his training sessions. I don't really have a clue. Kompany may turn out to be a great manager but he clearly doesn't have any track record to speak of yet. He would be a complete risk. 

My point is that Ange has a very solid track record. He has achieved success (winning a competition) just about every time and over a decade or more. He has a very good managerial CV. If he doesn't go to Chelsea he will get many more offers.

17 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think some people still haven't grasped where we are right now as a club and why Pochettino is genuinely tailored to manage us. 

If he manages to emulate what he did at Spurs that may be true. Then he could be the guy to bring some of the younger lads through and close the gap to the top which everyone would be happy with even if its unlikely he will win anything.
But it's worth considering that its been half a decade since he performed in the Premier League now and in between he's failed pretty spectacularly at PSG falling out with just about everyone, including the supporters.

In my opinion it's also worth mentioning that the Premier League is a very different place to when Pochettino impressed everyone 6-7 years ago. The standard is a lot higher as a whole and a team like Brighton in 8th right now would almost definitly have been in the Top 2 picture if they had performed at their current level in 2017 lets say.
Most teams are very tactically sound these days and gone are the days where intense pressing and running in itself would get you far down the line. And again, one can argue that PSG is a poisoned chalice but if one leaves that aside for one minute the reports on him from his time there makes him look like Potter mk2 which is not a good sign.

I have never liked the personality of Pochettino but I am pretty sure him being at Tottenham affected that. What gives me hope on him is Jose is very impressed by him or at least was.

I was very happy when he totally failed at PSG and that is my biggest concern. Our squad is nothing like theirs however. We don't have someone like Neymar who poisons any well he is close by...on gut feeling I say no to Pochettino but I also feel he could do well here as well. 

Luis Enrique I hoped would be the coach but that has died down. 

Nagelsmann would have been somewhat exciting as well. 

Clearly there is no one out there who perfectly fits the bill so we just have to take a stab...

My first choice has been and will always be Jose. Maybe that's sentimentality getting in the way, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
But, considering that appointment is fairly unlikely, I don't mind Pochettino.

There would certainly be some potential hurdles for him. I worry fans would let their discontent known quite quickly if we had a slow start under him next season.
But, despite my concerns, I do think he could get us back on track. Realistically we are several seasons away from challenging for titles again, we've got a young squad with tremendous upside but which needs developing. He fits the bill for that job. I don't think he's "the guy", I think he gets us into a position to appoint "the guy" in 2-3 years.

Mauricio Pochettino 'seriously impressed during discussions' with Chelsea and is now widely expected to succeed Graham Potter, with a decision on the cards 'in the coming days'.

There was also rumours that the squad were excited to work with Pochettino. 

5 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Supposedly some positive steps have been made with regards to Mount's contract too - might be that he's optimistic about the project moving forwards

29 minutes ago, cfr95 said:

Realistically we are several seasons away from challenging for titles again, we've got a young squad with tremendous upside but which needs developing. He fits the bill for that job. I don't think he's "the guy", I think he gets us into a position to appoint "the guy" in 2-3 years.

We are one player becoming a goal scorer away from being a title challenging team in my opinion. 

The squad on August 1st will have more than enough talent. But we need either 1 player to go and get 20+ league goals or multiple to get 12-15. 

And that could realistically happen quickly under Pochettino, or Enrique, or even Jose (but I have no desire to see him back). I just have no idea anymore what a good coach is. 

Just now, cfr95 said:

You may well be right, but I'm keeping expectations low for the time being

My expectations are neither high nor low. I've been waiting for a Hazard replacement since he left...not having one player who can dig us out of a hole is really killing my love of the team...

But at least Jorginho won't be our top scorer next season. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Mauricio Pochettino 'seriously impressed during discussions' with Chelsea and is now widely expected to succeed Graham Potter, with a decision on the cards 'in the coming days'.

We're bringing back Potter again just to hire Pochettino?

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

Ooooh, another project! Or is it the same one? It certainly makes me shudder.

BTW Not sure I can endorse a new manager who is fondling his own nipples in public. Save it for the bedroom FFS.

fat_bastard_400x400.jpg