Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the next manager?

1 hour ago, Term_X said:

And this is why the De Zerbi situation is so unique as we can literally see what a real top coach can do with the same tools, as a ‘direct’ comparison with our former coach. In fact, even more of a disadvantage because he lost Trossard. Usually when we’re hiring, we’re bringing in coaches that had technical quality and various nuances which superseded tactics, or particular contexts/environments, this scenario would be truly unique… But we’re not going to do it, Brighton are blacklisted. Shame.

"De Zerbi football is absolutely brilliant, his team has very specific playstyle and pattern. Even the movement of player individually is fantastic. It is quite clear that they are well and heavily coached. 

However with brighton you are working with middle tier talent, you can coach the team to play exactly the way you want to play. So it is about you not the player. When you move to top club, you are working with top talent, it is completely different. You can't tell Hazard do a, b n c.  So it is more about the player than the manager. 

It is a bit similar to Sarri. De Zerbi ball imo is much more fun than sarriball but it is quite similar in term of its rigidity. When sarri moved to juve, I knew exactly that he won't last. "

I wrote this in the old poll thread. 

3 hours ago, dermott said:

Except for two years ago when S. Gerrard was breaking records with Rangers.

During the 2020–21 season, Gerrard led Rangers through a record-breaking season, claiming back-to-back derby wins over rivals Celtic, and topping their Europa League group.[201][202] On 7 March 2021, Rangers won the Scottish Premiership title without losing a single league match, receiving 102 points and conceding only 13 goals across 38 matches. It was also Gerrard's first trophy as a manager.

Villa fell for it.

The SPL is only ever a two-horse race and one or other of Rangers or Celtic is usually in some sort of inner turmoil. Rangers are currently in need of a rebuild, the likes of Moralos, a goal machine (and red card magnet lunatic) under Gerrard, now a busted flush. Until Rangers sort themselves out, Ange will look like a world beater. Context is all.

I think it was Michael Beale that was the brains behind Ranger's success, not Steven Gerrard.

Look at both their managerial careers since then. Gerrard underachieved with Villa, whilst Beale had QPR in the play offs by the time he left, they're now in a relegation scrap. Since he's joined Rangers they've looked massively improved as well

Re-cap: So we are down to 3 candidates. They are Pochettino, Kompany and Ange Postecoglou.
Advice for our board and selection committee --- wait and do not rush to appoint any of these blokes. Look around. Go back and get some better candidates. At the end of the season maybe some other options will become available. Currently none of these 3 candidates are working for me. Pochettino is perhaps a viable candidate, but the other two? No, they are worse than Potter.  Not good enough.

Edited by TheCeleryKing

1 hour ago, ChumpX said:

Shortly after all of this (June 2021) Celtic signed Ange and look at the change now! Massive turnaround in double quick time, is that not what we are looking for? I know its a risk but Pochettino is such a boring appointment, he's been out of work for some time now, there must be a reason for that. Oh and don't forget "he who dares wins Rodney, he who dares wins.."

Scotland is a two horse race but Ange is a winner at two different clubs in Australia, one the Asian championship as Australia x\coach, won in Japan and won in Scotland  

pochettino has never won anything  except in France where psg won but performed poorly in doing so. I don’t even think he won much as a player, though that may be a disservice  ange has had his failures as well but h has a style and a winners mentalit

i don’t think ange is even on the list but I respect what he’s achieved  potter never won anything either  I want a coach who has what it takes to win  I don’t believe we are entitled to win but we are not arsenal in disguise  

Quite. Not replacing Lewandowski being the biggest problem. They are now toothless.

I imagine Kahn as the CEO is under a fair bit of pressure now.

Didn't replace Lewandowski, and also allowed Alaba to leave before that, which has also backfired badly with the replacement centre back Upamecano looking dreadful.  

Then he's compounded that by seemingly siding with Neuer et al vs Nagelsmann in the battle for the dressing room ... and  the man he's brought in to replace him has made a bad start results wise. Add Mane lumping Sane into the mix and all is not well in Munich !

Edited by Sexyfootball

12 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

I think it was Michael Beale that was the brains behind Ranger's success, not Steven Gerrard.

Look at both their managerial careers since then. Gerrard underachieved with Villa, whilst Beale had QPR in the play offs by the time he left, they're now in a relegation scrap. Since he's joined Rangers they've looked massively improved as well

Yes, it has been argued that Beale was the brains behind Gerrard, but that season saw Celtic in turmoil, imploding, fans picketing the stadium, et al. Rangers had virtually no opposition. Celtic had a clean out, hired Ange, recruited cleverly, especially from the Japanese second division, based on Ange's knowledge of that league. Now it's Rangers' turn to rebuild. Until they do, Ange will be the bee's knees. As I said, context is all.

6 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think some people still haven't grasped where we are right now as a club and why Pochettino is genuinely tailored to manage us. 

Spurs have certainly failed their club audition today LOL. Pochettino would have to be mad to take that job on - far more challenging than even ours !

Edited by Sexyfootball

10 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I imagine Kahn as the CEO is under a fair bit of pressure now.

Didn't replace Lewandowski, and also allowed Alaba to leave before that, which has also backfired badly with the replacement centre back Upamecano looking dreadful.  

Then he's compounded that by seemingly siding with Neuer et al vs Nagelsmann in the battle for the dressing room ... and  the man he's brought in to replace him has made a bad start results wise. Add Sane lumping Mane into the mix and all is not well in Munich !

Yep. It's going to get very poisonous at Bayern, more than it is now. Kahn and Salihamidžić  are both under the pump. The sad irony is that Upamecano is a very good player. It was his understanding, or lack of, with de Ligt that did the damage. 

24 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Re-cap: So we are down to 3 candidates. They are Pochettino, Kompany and Ange Postecoglou.
Advice for our board and selection committee --- wait and do not rush to appoint any of these blokes. Look around. Go back and get some better candidates. At the end of the season maybe some other options will become available. Currently none of these 3 candidates are working for me. Pochettino is perhaps a viable candidate, but the other two? No, they are worse than Potter.  Not good enough.

Would anyone disagree with me if I said that the self proclaimed exhaustive process has to be questioned again if you are left with those 3 candidates to manage this club?
Pochettino may be the best of the bunch but he's not competing against much and all 3 have some major red flags.

And what if Pochettino backs out? We hire Kompany or Ange and then praise the process?

44 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Pochettino apparently mentioned Colwill and Mudryk as players he believes in and wants to personally help develop. 

Have read Pochettino has had 3 separate rounds of talks with Winstanley and Stewart, and one of those meetings involved Todd and the Eggman. 

Also our England players have heard nothing but good things from the Spurs England players and want to work for him. Maybe might get Mount to sign a new deal?

2 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

Would anyone disagree with me if I said that the self proclaimed exhaustive process has to be questioned again if you are left with those 3 candidates to manage this club?
Pochettino may be the best of the bunch but he's not competing against much and all 3 have some major red flags.

And what if Pochettino backs out? We hire Kompany or Ange and then praise the process?

It would be questioned regardless had Enrique, someone who hasn't managed since 2017, or Nagelsmann, someone who chops and changes his tactics and has major red flags in terms of inexperience, are the two remaining candidates to manage this club. 

6 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

It would be questioned regardless had Enrique, someone who hasn't managed since 2017, or Nagelsmann, someone who chops and changes his tactics and has major red flags in terms of inexperience, are the two remaining candidates to manage this club. 

Would you be happy with Kompany or Ange being hired? That may very well happen still despite everyone just assuming its Pochettino.

7 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

As ever will be down to the results. If whoever comes in gets us playing well, scoring goals, winning games and gets players Like Mudryk, Colwill, Madueke and Santos to play brilliantly and we go from there to form a team to compete at the top level then the process worked.

If we end up with another season like this one, then they failed, again.

Just now, OriginalS said:

Would you be happy with Kompany or Ange being hired? That may very well happen still despite everyone just assuming its Pochettino.

I can't see it not being Pochettino. 

If for whatever reason they decide on Kompany or Ange it's a choice I'll respect and ultimately its down to the club to prove to the fans why Kompany/Ange was the best candidate. 

51 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think some people still haven't grasped where we are right now as a club and why Pochettino is genuinely tailored to manage us. 

Explain then? Why is Pochettino tailor made for us? 

He sounds like a yes man for the board

21 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

We still have a team full of international players, World Cup winners and Champions league winners. As bad as our position is right now I really don’t think it’s as bad as everyone makes out. We have heavy investment and a potential new stadium on the horizon. Our owners are learning fast but most clubs would dream of their ownership. This managerial appointment is important for the ownership to get right more than anything and Pochettino is a safe and sensible choice for them. He ticks all the boxes but I have no doubt we are a top manager and striker away from being back in the top 4 and challenging for domestic trophies. 

Football changes fast and no one would have imagined Newcastle being in the top 4 already and Arsenal challenging for a league title this season. You are only as good as your last game. 

57 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Spurs have certainly failed their club audition today LOL. Pochettino would have to be mad to take that job on - far more challenging than even ours !

Honestly think Spurs are finished as a top 6 club, if Kane leaves they'll go back to being a top half/mid table team

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

Scotland is a two horse race but Ange is a winner at two different clubs in Australia, one the Asian championship as Australia x\coach, won in Japan and won in Scotland  

Ange's title in Japan was in their second division. Won in Australia? Check out the standard of the Australian league. If Potter was out of his depth, which many suggest, Ange tops him.

1 hour ago, Drogba1 said:

The job Conte was doing at Tottenham is ageing very well now, always felt like he was overachieving there. He had the same PPG as Pochettino, with a vastly inferior squad. 

Took a Juventus that just finished 7th to 3 league titles in a row, going unbeaten in his 1st season and getting 102 points in his 3rd season

Took a Chelsea that just finished 10th to a league title on 93 points, only 2 points off the premier league record at the time

Took an Inter that just finished 9th to 2nd in his first season (1pt off the title), then won the title in his 2nd season, ending Juve's 9 year dominance that he started

Took a Spurs that were mid table to 4th, and was on course to get top 4 again this season

One of the most underrated CV's in management, I know it'll never happen but I wouldn't be opposed to his return here

I don't think anyone denies he's (when fully motivated) a great coach, his problem is and always be he's an absolute maniac.

There's a reason he had to even resort to going to Spurs despite being in his prime ability wise.

1 hour ago, Drogba1 said:

Honestly think Spurs are finished as a top 6 club, if Kane leaves they'll go back to being a top half/mid table team

Until they are sold...

A club with that stadium, tie ins with NFL, fan base etc. Is a very attractive proposition. 

I fully expect they get sold in next two years