Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the next manager?

5 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Biggest Thing I'm disappointed about is that this little beauty didn't get a bite from @ozboy, @ChumpX, or @19seventyone. This whole season seems to have been one big disappointment :biggrin:

Haha Whitey, sorry mate had to sleep at some stage.. SPL is average at best, but rarely has a team been so dominant as Celtic under Ange. Can't stand them so thoroughly disappointing, but stats don't lie, and he's doing an amazing job. I love his "I take no bullsh*t" approach too, always says it as he see's it, just like you Whitey! Honestly he's just the kind of manager we need right now... TTFN

5 hours ago, Term_X said:

Better for us if he leaves Brighton, I don’t think we will deal with that club again. If he was the coach of ANY other PL club doing what he is doing we’d be all over it. The only mark against him is lack of elite club pressure but he’s dealt with ego’s incredibly well, as we saw with Trossard & Caicedo.

Bloom has done an excellent job there, Potter did alright with the outstanding squad building from the scouts, tactically De Zerbi has been a massive upgrade. De Zerbi has expertly managed to implement a similar setup to Pep & Arteta, especially the latter, in regards to structure, press style and setup. We have a great history with Italian managers and he knows precisely how to utilise Mudryk.

Excellent read on De Zerbi’s strengths here from a tactical aspect:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1608750809910743040.html

I think too many tacticos on twitter is obsessed with 325 magic. 

What important is not 325 but the dynamic within the 325. Pretty much all team attack 325/235. What matter is how do you want to play with your system? 

Arteta will have Saka on the ball with white making overlapping run constantly. Tuchel will have his st making overlapping run for his winger and his wb arriving in the box. Same 325 but very different movement with different player which will have different impact to your team. 

Edited by Bob stark

10 hours ago, Gcgoal2012 said:

For the people who think we were better with Thomas Tuchel.  With better players then Chelsea overal  squad. 2 win - 2 draw - 3 loss. It’s time we go with someone with a plan for our attackers.

0C853CC9-5F7E-447F-9151-DCC82EC33563.thumb.jpeg.dd5ff6e89eaa555459df1e20cf3d6e59.jpeg

Bayern were not in 10th when Naglesmann was sacked. They had only lost 3 games up until then. Hard to improve on that. The sacking seems due to reasons other than results related. Mane punching his teammate and issues related to Neuer indicate deeper problems in the squad.

1 hour ago, Nick05 said:

Bayern were not in 10th when Naglesmann was sacked. They had only lost 3 games up until then. Hard to improve on that. The sacking seems due to reasons other than results related. Mane punching his teammate and issues related to Neuer indicate deeper problems in the squad.

so true. 

10 hours ago, Snedger said:

For those still arguing about Tuchel, could it just be that for most, even all managers that they just happen to get the right job at the right moment, but more often, the wrong job at the wrong moment? And even when it’s the right job at the right moment, the moment is rarely right for very long?

Can you put this in a Venn diagram or flow chart please? We may need to consult it ourselves on a regular basis.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ah the reaction of the YouTube fans like Younes to our list being Pochettino, Kompany and the mad Aussie is priceless.

Many just cannot accept we are a very different club now 

The problem is the entitlement from many of our fans. They have only known success. I'm 34 and started supporting Chelsea when I was 8 years old, so I at least knew the times we were outside of top four or challenging for a title.

Nowadays younger fans think we should be winning a big trophy every season. It doesn't work like that. Arsene Wenger used to say making top four was like winning a trophy and I agree.

Just because we are Chelsea, doesn't mean we are entitled to be in the top four or win a trophy every season. Fans of other clubs would bite our hands off for the trophy cabinet we've had in the past five years, let alone the last 20+. 

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

The problem is the entitlement from many of our fans. They have only known success. I'm 34 and started supporting Chelsea when I was 8 years old, so I at least knew the times we were outside of top four or challenging for a title.

Nowadays younger fans think we should be winning a big trophy every season. It doesn't work like that. Arsene Wenger used to say making top four was like winning a trophy and I agree.

Just because we are Chelsea, doesn't mean we are entitled to be in the top four or win a trophy every season. Fans of other clubs would bite our hands off for the trophy cabinet we've had in the past five years, let alone the last 20+. 

I’m a year older than you and started supporting Chelsea at the same age- I absolutely remember what it was like being outside the top 4 and not winning much apart from the FA cup etc.

The entitlement from football fans drives me up the wall, it’s one of my biggest bug-bears. 

Pochettino has a huge job on his hands, since it looks like he’s all but confirmed. I don’t expect us to win anything or challenge for the top 4 for a few seasons. 

Why Tuchel is still a topic in this thread? It's not like he's one of the candidates right now. Whether he will be a failure or not at Bayern is not relevant, we got much worse after sacking him. Even if he get sacked at the end of the season at Bayern, doesn't diminish what he has done at Chelsea, and the fact his replacements were far inferior.

As for the next manager, it's not much what we or Boehly want, it will be more who will take this job. We thought Enrique was close, Nalgesmann be a great pick, now both appeared to be out of picture. Spurs would be favourite when comes to Pochettino, Ange has a good thing going on there so let's see if wants to risk it. We could always raid Brighon again, this time will be a lot harder, after all they probably dont need money that desperately after the last 2 deals with us.

14 minutes ago, enigma said:

So if you were born in 1989 and started supporting Chelsea when you were eight then the first year you started supporting us we won the cup, the following year the cup winners cup , came third in 99 and won the cup in 2000, runners up in the cup 2002 and 2003 came fourth so you've never seen a team that hasn't been challenging for the major prizes.

30 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

So if you were born in 1989 and started supporting Chelsea when you were eight then the first year you started supporting us we won the cup, the following year the cup winners cup , came third in 99 and won the cup in 2000, runners up in the cup 2002 and 2003 came fourth so you've never seen a team that hasn't been challenging for the major prizes.

Edit : I forget the league cup in 98 as well.

9 hours ago, ChumpX said:

Haha Whitey, sorry mate had to sleep at some stage.. SPL is average at best, but rarely has a team been so dominant as Celtic under Ange. 

Except for two years ago when S. Gerrard was breaking records with Rangers.

During the 2020–21 season, Gerrard led Rangers through a record-breaking season, claiming back-to-back derby wins over rivals Celtic, and topping their Europa League group.[201][202] On 7 March 2021, Rangers won the Scottish Premiership title without losing a single league match, receiving 102 points and conceding only 13 goals across 38 matches. It was also Gerrard's first trophy as a manager.

Villa fell for it.

The SPL is only ever a two-horse race and one or other of Rangers or Celtic is usually in some sort of inner turmoil. Rangers are currently in need of a rebuild, the likes of Moralos, a goal machine (and red card magnet lunatic) under Gerrard, now a busted flush. Until Rangers sort themselves out, Ange will look like a world beater. Context is all.

4 hours ago, Nick05 said:

Quite. Not replacing Lewandowski being the biggest problem. They are now toothless.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

I was born in '88. But in that case I should feel entitled, but yet I don't. I understand what it's like to not be a PL winning side or a so called "big club" because Chelsea were only on the fringes in the late 90s, never one of the big clubs in England. When Roman took over and Mourinho won the league, then Carlo won the league, we were a genuine top domestic club and one of the top clubs in Europe. We were far off of Arsenal and Man Utd during most of the 90s until Roman took over. People think we are going through a poor period now, and by our current standards, we have been, but younger fans don't realise we were a perennial top 6 club, not a big club winning the league.

What we have achieved in the last 20 years is amazing and any club barring the very biggest clubs would bite our hands off for that success. We have been out of the CL for three (including next season in that) seasons since the early 00s. I think people need to reel in the entitlement a bit and realise we have been in a very privileged position as a club the last 20+ years and now is the time to close the gap domestically and become a more stable club, rather than the bipolar club we have been over the last decade. 

31 minutes ago, enigma said:

But in that case I should feel entitled, but yet I don't. I understand what it's like to not be a PL winning side or a so called "big club" because Chelsea were only on the fringes in the late 90s, never one of the big clubs in England

That's total bollocks apart from Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool who weren't great then tell me who were bigger then us back then Spurs ha ha nearly got relegated in 1996, same as Everton a couple of years previous Man City were playing in the old third division in 2000, Newcastle hadn't won nothing then and since and petered out after a couple of seasons.  From when you started supporting Chelsea only Man United or Arsenal won the league you had to wait a massive eight years before Chelsea won it and as I posted we won plenty before that.

Don't see how we were miles behind Man United and Arsenal when we came third in 99 and lost only three games all season and if it wasn't for that bloody Leicester game who knows it completely took the wind out of our sails.

Edited by bluehaze

I'm somewhat older and can remember after we won the ZDS the split between those that were happy and those that were bitter about so little silverware after such a long time.

Let's reflect briefly on before Roman came we were not looking too shabby with 2 seasons where we earned entry into the CL.

2001-02 Prem L 6th Final FA Cup Semi-Final League Cup

2000-01 Prem L 6th 

1999-00 Prem L 5th Winners FA Cup

1998-99 Prem L 3rd  ECWC Semi-Final     UEFA SC   Winners

1997-98 Prem L 4th Winners ECWC

1996-97 Prem L 6th Winners  FA Cup

Now I recall Fergie's Utd coming to SB in Feb 1990 and we were singing, 'You're going down with West Ham' as Gareth Hall scored the winner. Utd winning the FA cup that season saved Fergie's career at Utd. A major what if he had lost that...........

I don't think there is just one formula to be successful though changing manager twice in one season and having a massive squad does not help.

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I think too many tacticos on twitter is obsessed with 325 magic. 

What important is not 325 but the dynamic within the 325. Pretty much all team attack 325/235. What matter is how do you want to play with your system? 

Arteta will have Saka on the ball with white making overlapping run constantly. Tuchel will have his st making overlapping run for his winger and his wb arriving in the box. Same 325 but very different movement with different player which will have different impact to your team. 

And this is why the De Zerbi situation is so unique as we can literally see what a real top coach can do with the same tools, as a ‘direct’ comparison with our former coach. In fact, even more of a disadvantage because he lost Trossard. Usually when we’re hiring, we’re bringing in coaches that had technical quality and various nuances which superseded tactics, or particular contexts/environments, this scenario would be truly unique… But we’re not going to do it, Brighton are blacklisted. Shame.

1 hour ago, dermott said:

Except for two years ago when S. Gerrard was breaking records with Rangers.

During the 2020–21 season, Gerrard led Rangers through a record-breaking season, claiming back-to-back derby wins over rivals Celtic, and topping their Europa League group.[201][202] On 7 March 2021, Rangers won the Scottish Premiership title without losing a single league match, receiving 102 points and conceding only 13 goals across 38 matches. It was also Gerrard's first trophy as a manager.

Shortly after all of this (June 2021) Celtic signed Ange and look at the change now! Massive turnaround in double quick time, is that not what we are looking for? I know its a risk but Pochettino is such a boring appointment, he's been out of work for some time now, there must be a reason for that. Oh and don't forget "he who dares wins Rodney, he who dares wins.."

Edited by ChumpX

16 hours ago, just said:

Sounds like the Tuchel love affair might be over for you Drogba? 

Nah he still won the Champions League and massively overachieved here, nothing will ever change that.

This just makes Nagelsmann look even better to be honest, too bad he doesn't want to join us

The job Conte was doing at Tottenham is ageing very well now, always felt like he was overachieving there. He had the same PPG as Pochettino, with a vastly inferior squad. 

Took a Juventus that just finished 7th to 3 league titles in a row, going unbeaten in his 1st season and getting 102 points in his 3rd season

Took a Chelsea that just finished 10th to a league title on 93 points, only 2 points off the premier league record at the time

Took an Inter that just finished 9th to 2nd in his first season (1pt off the title), then won the title in his 2nd season, ending Juve's 9 year dominance that he started

Took a Spurs that were mid table to 4th, and was on course to get top 4 again this season

One of the most underrated CV's in management, I know it'll never happen but I wouldn't be opposed to his return here