Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager? (2nd Poll)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the next manager?

16 minutes ago, Argo said:

Even if Mourinho would be a quick fix (he wouldn't) these sticky plasters methods have contributed to getting us in this mess in the first place.

If/when we challenge for it again I want it to be at a point it can be sustained over a number of years, the last three title 'defenses' have been utter abject misery.

I just don’t fancy another ‘let’s just see what happens’ season gambling with those without prem experience! (Or indeed gambling with those with some and out their depth)

At least for next season, I think Jose and his box of plasters (and a basket of eggs) is what this team needs! Just get these buggers playing again! Even Frank as an assistant to pick up some experience.

Youre right, it won’t happen and we’ll probably end up with Pochettino if he can say yes enough times to Todd, and James Corden gives his approval!

6 minutes ago, Mod said:

I just don’t fancy another ‘let’s just see what happens’ season gambling with those without prem experience! (Or indeed gambling with those with some and out their depth)

At least for next season, I think Jose and his box of plasters (and a basket of eggs) is what this team needs! Just get these buggers playing again! Even Frank as an assistant to pick up some experience.

Youre right, it won’t happen and we’ll probably end up with Pochettino if he can say yes enough times to Todd, and James Corden gives his approval!

But even if he can get them playing again (which I don't think is a certainty, this isn't the Jose of 2013 let alone 2005) what about when it all goes stale again? We'll have just as much to work to do as we do now, possibly more as I imagine every young player not named Enzo and maybe Gallagher is gone.

If we want a safe bet for what we need right now as much as many people won't want to hear this the safest bet is Sarri, got an (on paper) inferior squad to this 3rd in his season here and has proven twice now he can build squads to challenge up against superior/better resourced opponents.

Would be nice to have a couple of managers with the "fear factor" on the list. You know managers who wouldn't be afraid to slap a few of the players about a bit when required. Actually that's required most weeks at the moment. 

Sean Dyche, Sam Allardyce etc. I can't help but feel some of our "precious little things" could do with a bit of good old fashioned bullying.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

But even if he can get them playing again (which I don't think is a certainty, this isn't the Jose of 2013 let alone 2005) what about when it all goes stale again?

Completely agree, but I’d prefer that gamble than any other just now. Other than Carlo (no chance he comes) or Conte (used goods), it’s the best quick fix option potentially on the table.

4 minutes ago, just said:

Would be nice to have a couple of managers with the "fear factor" on the list. You know managers who wouldn't be afraid to slap a few of the players about a bit when required. Actually that's required most weeks at the moment. 

Sean Dyche, Sam Allardyce etc. I can't help but feel some of our "precious little things" could do with a bit of good old fashioned bullying.

I very much disagree, I've worked under narcasstic bosses and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I voted for Pochettino.  I have stated elsewhere that I like de Zerbi and i quite like Marco Silva until he mugged himself off recently. I like their organisation and structure.  But I think the size of the task here and the eyes of country's media on us at all time, salivating at the prospect of taking the pi$$ and mocking us at every turn, it just might be too much of a goldfish bowl at their early stages of their careers.

If Pochettino hasn't gone stale over time and still has the principles and processes that he has previously had  I have read that his training ground methods are innovative and intense. This team will undoubtedly get fitter and put in the yardage. I know it is an over simplification but an adequate sized squad that is at peak fitness with some more structure around it and we really do have the team and more extended squad to be the driving force in the PL again.

Well, this is truly a mess.  I think our club, should slow down and not do anything until the end of the season.  We have appointed an interim and that is that. These daily updates and the losing of potential candidates is killing us. I was hoping for Nagelsmann or Enrique, now we are just scraping the bottom of the barrel and we are doing it all in a messy public way that is destroying morale. 

Wait until the summer and hopefully we will have other options.

23 minutes ago, just said:

Have you done a full 180 just? Before Potter was hired I had the impression you wanted someone who would not shout at our players and generally cozy up to them. We did of course get that in Potter but it certainly didn't work.

I think Gallardo is the mystery third candidate leaving it between him, Pochettino and Kompany. I don't think thats a great list of candidates at all tbh.

26 minutes ago, just said:

That would lean towards Conte, Simeone or Kompany on this list

Can you imagine Mourinho “collaborating” with Todd? I just can’t see it, Todds gonna want him to do those Potter social media talks every week before a game. Will probably be entertaining seeing him get more miserable by the week.

If Tuchel couldn’t handle it there’s no way Jose will. He would be silly to leave Roma aswell because he’s going through a little reputation rebuild there.

I wanted Enrique then Nagelsmann but if those two are not happening then it has to be Pochettino because it’s safe and we need safe. He ticks a lot of boxes.

Edited by Sheva

Lets hope the mystery candidate is somebody exceptional.  Ancelotti coming home would be great - it would be nice to have a grown up at the club. Someone who has authority and yet is not a bully.

other than Carlo? Mystery candidate time. . . Zidanne? Allegri? Joachim Low?

36 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Mo Pochettino. The box that he doesn't tick. . .winner of trophies.

I kept on thinking ... the only box he doesn`t tick is winning enough games to actually win the league managing by far the best team in the country. OSC Lille beat PSG over an entire season ... I don`t want the manager responsible for that at Chelsea. No, thanks.

47 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Lets hope the mystery candidate is somebody exceptional.  Ancelotti coming home would be great - it would be nice to have a grown up at the club. Someone who has authority and yet is not a bully.

other than Carlo? Mystery candidate time. . . Zidanne? Allegri? Joachim Low?

Roy Hodgson ? Stevie Slippery G ?

48 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Lol....this is hilarious. Just 48 hours ago we were reportedly going in full force and selling "the project" to Naglesmann and he was dreaming about the prospect. Now suddenly he was never choice No.1 and Pochettino was ahead of him. What are they going to say when Pochettino says no ? These people haven't got a clue and are making things up at every turn.

1 minute ago, Nick05 said:

Lol....this is hilarious. Just 48 hours ago we were reportedly going in full force and selling "the project" to Naglesmann and he was dreaming about the prospect. Now suddenly he was never choice No.1 and Pochettino was ahead of him. What are they going to say when Pochettino says no ? These people haven't got a clue and are making things up at every turn.

I think some of these accounts might just be doing PR for the ownership. 

If Pochettino says no they'll probably come out saying 'Why Pochettino was never a good fit for Chelsea'

Had to do some digging now that everything suggests we will offer Pochettino the job. Had not paid attention to him at PSG but he was considered a failure there and worse than any of the three managers that preceded him. Stats back that up as well with his side scoring the least amount of goals, conceding the most and winning fewer games than any of Blanc, Emery and Tuchel.

Articles like this one is a huge red flag for me as well and reading it, it reminds of what we have endured this season.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-saint-germain--frapsg/story/4541054/psg-under-mauricio-pochettino-are-a-team-of-individualsnot-a-side-thats-playing-like-champions

image.png.392be3d3828efc38fdf68b6f2df46059.png

Pochettino has been at the club for a year, and the team is struggling to cohere. They cannot beat a press or build from the back. They have no circuits of passing. There is not enough movement; no triangles, no overlaps. The consensus within the dressing room is that Pochettino is great at the man-management aspect of the job and the players like him, but many feel like he is too limited tactically or at least that they are not working hard enough on their tactics. It could be a reason why there hasn't been sufficient improvement as a collective.

There's been little direction, no fluidity, no patterns of play and more seriously, no plan. On Saturday against Lens, a team that always plays the same way in a 3-4-2-1 formation, Pochettino changed his tactical system five times throughout the 90 minutes. He kept tweaking and changing so much that Marco Verratti played six different positions around midfield.