So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore

This Poch I like. From calling out the sporting directors to attacking the referee and stating that VAR has damaged football. Second half crazy tactics with Cucu in midfield and Mudryk/Noni as wingbacks worked as well.

Its unhinged, its not careful, political, keeping everyone happy and taking no chances stuff that we’ve seen all season and I’m here for it

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I agree with what you're saying - the players are playing for him.

Just wish I shared your optimism about getting 6 points from 2 games. You know we'll ship 5-6 goals across the 2 matches right? Our defence under Poch has been comedy level bad.

It's hard work being an optimistic fan, but I think better for my mental health 😂

6 hours ago, El regreso said:

This wasn’t given as a foul or looked at by VAR. They pick and choose what’s a foul or not.

Yup shoulder to the back, just like Badiashile. The people running VAR decide what they want.

On 28/04/2024 at 09:28, axman2526 said:

Yup shoulder to the back, just like Badiashile. The people running VAR decide what they want.

I would also argue that Ben White does something similar to Vicario allowing Arsenal to score their third goal yesterday. Once thing to be a nuisance and get in the way of the goalkeeper, but if you watch the replay he gives Vicario a backwards shove into the goal right as the corner comes in. If you rule out our goal then you surely have to rule out their one too?

On 28/04/2024 at 10:28, axman2526 said:

This is one of my biggest issues with VAR there's literally no consistency. They decide what they want.

I'm usually cautious about A.I. taking over human jobs but at this point I see it as the only way to make VAR objective if they plan on keeping it. I dont see the objectivity improving anytime soon if there's one or two refs with their own biases behind the scenes deciding everything.

53 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Something has shifted in the recent rumour circles, have a feeling the Chelsea board may have changed their mind and are looking for his successor. I predict he'll be gone by the end of the season

Not a big fan of Potch, but really worried about our clueless owners picking his successor.

Some rumours:

My understanding is Chelsea have not signed a single player Pochettino has asked for or recommended” (@SamiMokbel81_DM @JDS_POD) #CFC

The recent focus the fans have put on Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart is in my mind, totally understandable” (@SamiMokbel81_DM @JD

🚨 “I’m not saying Pochettino is going to go, and there will be discussions at the end of the season, but if Chelsea feel they can get Ruben Amorim, then I think that is definitely a situation that they will explore despite private jet denials last week” (@SamiMokbel81_DM) #CFC 🔵

Chelsea will decide on Pochettino at the end of the season, I keep saying this. Ruben Amorim is waiting for an opportunity in the Premier League” (@FabrizioRomano) #CFC

I think they’ll move Poch on. Despite it being unrealistic, i do think the club expected more from this season especially in the league. Europe was really gettable and we’re probably not going to get it. 

It’s a shame because I like Poch and think he was dealt a tough hand. Poch‘S recent comments seem to be of a man that knows he is going and taking others down with him. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Poch‘s recent comments seem to be of a man that knows he is going and taking others down with him. 

Does certainly feel that way. 

Injuries definitely played a part but for me personally, it doesn't excuse why our defence continues to be as leaky as it is as well as the midfield still not being sorted out despite our midfielders being fit nearly all season. There's also his game management that comes into question and his profiling of players, along with if his training methods have anything to do with the influx of injuries. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

31 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Some rumours:

My understanding is Chelsea have not signed a single player Pochettino has asked for or recommended” (@SamiMokbel81_DM @JDS_POD) #CFC

The recent focus the fans have put on Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart is in my mind, totally understandable” (@SamiMokbel81_DM @JD

🚨 “I’m not saying Pochettino is going to go, and there will be discussions at the end of the season, but if Chelsea feel they can get Ruben Amorim, then I think that is definitely a situation that they will explore despite private jet denials last week” (@SamiMokbel81_DM) #CFC 🔵

Chelsea will decide on Pochettino at the end of the season, I keep saying this. Ruben Amorim is waiting for an opportunity in the Premier League” (@FabrizioRomano) #CFC

That dude sure knows how to say a whole lotta nothin!

1 hour ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

Would be weird first stockpiling wingers, only to then hire a manager who doesn’t use them in Amorim. It does sound like Chelsea, though

And whilst we can all see that our defence needs sorting and the number of goals conceded is unacceptable as has been the quality of defensive displays, i still don't think that there is a lot wrong with our fit and functioning forward line.

With a proper striker purchased backed up by Jackson/Mudryk           Nkunku/Carney (or Gallagher)           Palmer/Madueke   is pretty potent.

By bringing in an extra CB i think it could disrupt what on paper looks a pretty dynamic forward line.

Watching Dortmund currently, who i confess i have a soft spot for (except for that bloody YNWA) and Terzic looks like he would be ideal for the personnel that we have and the style of football i'd like to see form us. Never happen of course

If the club are big fans of Amourim then this summer so clearly the year to get him. Interesting that Liverpool have passed up on him and gone for Slot instead. 

A good read about the Liverpool approach and why Slot. I personally don't think a data driven approach is enough, managing is about motivation and motivation comes partly from players believing in the project and that in turn is partly due to players thinking the manager knows what he's doing. Nevertheless data does have a big role in professional sport.

https://www.espn.com.au/football/insider/story/_/id/40053481/liverpool-data-decision-hire-arne-slot-candidate-replace-klopp

Equally if it was Amorin apparently it's a back 3 and in that case why not stick with Tuchel or Conte. Personally I thought Conte was a fantastic coach, but I guess you can't stand in the same river twice.

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

Equally if it was Amorin apparently it's a back 3 and in that case why not stick with Tuchel or Conte. Personally I thought Conte was a fantastic coach, but I guess you can't stand in the same river twice.

You give conte and TT this team, it will be 🔥🔥🔥🎆🎆🎆 from day one. 

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

If the club are big fans of Amourim then this summer so clearly the year to get him. Interesting that Liverpool have passed up on him and gone for Slot instead. 

Wage demands if there is any truth in press comments. Of course the press would paint it as Amorim being the villain of the piece against everyone's second team after all.