Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) Tue 23rd Apr 24 20:00 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

38 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Disasi will get torn to pieces by trossard or Martinelli. Better we call up a quick RB from the academy than have the tank out there.

I'd be interested to see an academy prospect get a chance. Alfie Gilchrist is more of a CB so not an ideal fit. I'd be surprised if we throw any untested youth players into this game.

2 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I'd be interested to see an academy prospect get a chance. Alfie Gilchrist is more of a CB so not an ideal fit. I'd be surprised if we throw any untested youth players into this game.

No Alfie is not,but a better option than Disasi.

We know is either Disasi or Chalobah RB though.

We’re gonna get smashed. There’s no chance this team turns up 3 days after losing City in the semi final. They don’t have it in them unfortunately. 

The injury list appears longer than the first team sheet 😗 I don't see us getting smashed, but could lose a tame 0:1 since we can't keep a clean sheet to save our life these days. Without Palmer we almost have no chance, unless someone ( or two) decide to show up and prove themselves.

10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

According to the latest injury bulletin, Palmer is ill, and Gusto and Chilwell are both "undergoing medical assessment" .

If all are out, then by my reckoning we'll be missing 7 (perhaps 8 if I include Lavia) of our potential best 11 ... I think that might be a new "record" LOL

And won't get mentioned on any media outlet, just like throughout the season.  Our first 11 (on paper at least) has been decimated with anywhere between 6-8 out each game...Liverpool have 2 injuries and its headline news.

20 minutes ago, Munkunku said:

Oh damn this is on TNT guess I’ll have to give it a miss. 

It would have clashed with Taskmasker/comedy show/washing your hair/taking a nap anyways.

58 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

The injury list appears longer than the first team sheet 😗 I don't see us getting smashed, but could lose a tame 0:1 since we can't keep a clean sheet to save our life these days. Without Palmer we almost have no chance, unless someone ( or two) decide to show up and prove themselves.

This is the night Sterling shows what we fork out £300k a week for.

11 hours ago, Nibs said:

Jesus, if Palmer is out, we have zero chance - never mind Gusto.

If that is the case will go to bed early and turn phone off to avoid and Gooner supporting mates.

My next door neighbour has been a massive help to me in my old age and failing health in the last few years but unfortunately a gooner.  He doesn't have TNT Sport so in a moment of weakness after a few beers, I said he can come and watch the game with me in my gaff as a thank you. I'm regretting that already and hoping he says thanks, but no thanks.

NB:  I'm not a complete sh*t,  I often pay him back for all the favours by buying him a few sherberts.

Assuming Palmer doesn't play, then my 11 is

Petrovic

Disasi Chalobah Silva Cucu

Gallagher Caicedo Chukwumeka

Sterling Jackson Mudryck

or if not sterling Madueke or if not Mudryck .. Madueke Jackson Sterling

Not sure Enzo is fit to play and frankly don't think he did enough

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

No Alfie is not,but a better option than Disasi.

We know is either Disasi or Chalobah RB though.

Can't disagree there. Apart from scoring his goal against Everton, Alfie did well in the RB spot. Would be a touch match up against Arsenal's wing options, but you know he would give it his all.

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So with Injuries and illness in mind my Poch predicted team is:

Petrovic 

Disasi

Chalobah 

Silva

Cucurella

Caicedo

Enzo

Madueke 

Gallagher

Sterling

Jackson

My preferred starting 11 would be:

Petrovic

Gilchrist 

Chalobah 

Silva

Cucurella

Caicedo

Gallagher

Sterling

Carney

Jackson

Richards/Washington

Stirling :sad:

8 hours ago, Munkunku said:

Oh damn this is on TNT guess I’ll have to give it a miss. 

That's my excuse as well.

7 hours ago, WeatherMan said:

My next door neighbour has been a massive help to me in my old age and failing health in the last few years but unfortunately a gooner.  He doesn't have TNT Sport so in a moment of weakness after a few beers, I said he can come and watch the game with me in my gaff as a thank you. I'm regretting that already and hoping he says thanks, but no thanks.

NB:  I'm not a complete sh*t,  I often pay him back for all the favours by buying him a few sherberts.

If Palmer is definitely out, tell him your TV has packed up. Don't suffer needlessly!!

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Disasi will get torn to pieces by trossard or Martinelli. Better we call up a quick RB from the academy than have the tank out there.

Disasi coped with Doku no better and no worse than Gusto did and neither Trossard nor Martinelli have Doku's tricks. Calling on a novice, including Alfie, is ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, ozboy said:

This game is a good test of how far we have come this season. Away from home is tough but I think we can be competitive. 

Don't like to be the pessimist, but without Palmer and Gusto, I don't think we can (not with all the other injuries anyway). We need the midfield / forward players to keep the ball, hold it up, to take the pressure of the defence and I just can't see it. Have a horrible feeling we are going to get battered.