Random Rumours

Money

Someone I think would make a useful HG 4th choice CM. Tom Carroll. I know he is ex spurs and isn't exactly going to wet peoples appetites but hes an English, industrious and good on the ball midfielder who is probably on a similar level to Drinkwater, whilst being younger and damn sight cheaper, as well as being more content with sitting on the bench.

Edited by PedroMendez

2 hours ago, dkw said:

They've also just signed spuds flop paulinho for £35m. If we did that this forum wouldn't be able to handle the sh*t flinging....

Might be controversial but paulinho will surprise you he played himself back into the brazil squad from china...he might do well, but my point is where are the cheeky little finds like dave, we seem to not be able to do that anymore, just going for the obvious and not getting them.

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

What if he is sh*t though ? Barcelona haven't exactly been great at finding top notch defenders in recent times, they have actually been quite poor at signing any decent players of late.

He isn't I've watched him, albeit not a lot, he isn't quick but he is ridiculously imposing and young, he was the best defender in Brazil last season, right age, players like this are worth a punt at 8 mil, what if he is sh*t...well what do we have to lose at that price? What if stones was sh*t at 50 mil...and he was, Brazil isn't a great leauge but Naymar came straight from there, you get quick flair players, Brazilian defenders have to be good, so he isn't totally unproven, he had a very good season. 

Edited by DonAntonio

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Don't forget that there's a language benefit that's attractive to South American players...plus the Spanish immigration rules may be more relaxed compared to the UK ones...it's for that reason why so many South American players play first in Portugal...

I agree so many Brazilians made it in portugal first, like a serious number of them, portugal is a great place to scout talent. 

EDIT* I should have combined these replies apologies. 

Edited by DonAntonio

2 hours ago, romansoldier1981 said:

Watching the Bournemoth Watford game and both Chalobah and AKe are playing well. 

Cannot understand how in a season where we will play over 50 games and we are back in the CL no one was able to convince these players tgat they will get games.

Rlc had a good game for palace and zouma looks good for stoke as well.  f**k me 

Just looking at the player ratings for the games today, Ake got 7, best player on the pitch, Chalobah got an 8, best rated along with Gray, and RLC got a 7 and he was the best in his team.

Should have kept all 3, other teams take a chance with their youngsters but we just sell them or ship them out.

What I dont understand is if Conte didnt want them why did Emenalo and Grankoskya? not stop them leaving informing Conte that we would not buy more players.

the other thing that pisses me off is that Mourinho didnt want Mata or Lukaku, now they are sh*t hot, Schurrle same, wtf is our board doing? 

6 minutes ago, romansoldier1981 said:

Just looking at the player ratings for the games today, Ake got 7, best player on the pitch, Chalobah got an 8, best rated along with Gray, and RLC got a 7 and he was the best in his team.

Should have kept all 3, other teams take a chance with their youngsters but we just sell them or ship them out.

What I dont understand is if Conte didnt want them why did Emenalo and Grankoskya? not stop them leaving informing Conte that we would not buy more players.

the other thing that pisses me off is that Mourinho didnt want Mata or Lukaku, now they are sh*t hot, Schurrle same, wtf is our board doing? 

Probably add Zouma to your list as he has had a very good game as well.

I think every Chelsea fan knew this would happen

7 minutes ago, Brutos said:
14 minutes ago, romansoldier1981 said:

I think every Chelsea fan knew this would happen

I doesn't happen though if they aren't on the pitch.

Zouma has helped take 3 points off our rivals which in it self is a huge bonus from the loan.

Chalobah was a constant threat in the game, breaking down attacks and pushing the team forward.

RLC constant attacking threat and looked like the only player for Palace who could make things happen.

Zouma and Ake great defending.

if someone had half a brain at the club they would have kept them knowing that we have 38 league games, hopefully at least 10 CL games if we have a good run, another 12 odd games with EFL cup and FA cup.

Don't you all think that one of the reasons our youngsters do better for other clubs because the pressure to deliver a quality performance isn't as big as it is at Chelsea? At Chelsea their errors would be maginified too, while when we watch them somewhere else we tend to mostly look for positives. 

I'm happy they're getting playing time and an invaluable experience but it's a long season. Let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, romansoldier1981 said:

Chalobah was a constant threat in the game, breaking down attacks and pushing the team forward.

RLC constant attacking threat and looked like the only player for Palace who could make things happen.

Zouma and Ake great defending.

if someone had half a brain at the club they would have kept them knowing that we have 38 league games, hopefully at least 10 CL games if we have a good run, another 12 odd games with EFL cup and FA cup.

the good thing is RLC and zouma can comeback first team ready...

wish chalobah and ake was  loan as well...

I feel completely drained by this transfer window.
It's been pretty good in terms of incoming players:
Cabellero is a good replacement to Begovic
Rudiger has been pretty decent 
Can't wait to see Bakayoko in action
And Morata is a player that has a huge ceiling.
But in terms of replacing outgoings, it's always a challenge.
If my memory serves me right, JT said something along the lines of "I don't want to get in the way of developing players like Zouma and Ake" 
Well, Zouma got loaned and Ake got sold.
Matic went to United for good money but I'm disappointed it's a rival.

Santiago Arias: Chelsea considering PSV Eindhoven star for right wing-back role

The Colombia international has spent the past six years plying his trade in Europe after joining Portuguese outfit Sporting Lisbon from La Equidad.

And since he linked up with PSV in a two-player deal involving Stijn Schaars in 2013, he’s helped win two Dutch top flight titles.

Arias made 31 appearances under Philips Stadion boss Phillip Cocu last season, earning rave reviews.

And it seems his performances caught Antonio Conte’s eye, with the Chelsea gaffer on the look out for a new right wing-back.

The skinny on him is that he's 25, been on our radar for over a year, can play left or right WB, is priced around £12-15m and Swansea are also interested...

Edited by doctorblue