Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

17 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Wasn't paying attention to the Barcelona game. How did they cheat?

Suarez was running in the box, PSG player brushed him with his arm and he fell on the floor clutching his neck as if he'd been shot. Penalty awarded, Neymar scores.

That and there was five minutes of stoppage time for the single reason of them being Barcelona. 

Edited by Huttsey

2 minutes ago, Fendieta said:

The second pen was Suarez winning a pen for diving not long after getting booked for diving . . 

I watched upto Suarez getting booked and then turned it over to watch City as I thought it was game over. Turned back and it was 5-1. 

1 minute ago, junio_oscarSY said:

everyone needs luck so yeah

There is luck, then there is cheating, and cheating is what Barcelona have been doing for years now. How many times have they got through Champions League ties and gotten to finals thanks to cheating ? They would be a few Champions League titles short right now if it wasn't for their cheating. Nobody else in world football get's away with the sh*t they get away with. It must be so demoralising for other clubs and their fans when they are playing against 11 players and the officials every time. Penalties from dives and / or unfair red cards are guaranteed in Barcelona games.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

There is luck, then there is cheating, and cheating is what Barcelona have been doing for years now. How many times have they got through Champions League ties and gotten to finals thanks to cheating ? They would be a few Champions League titles short right now if it wasn't for their cheating. Nobody else in world football get's away with the sh*t they get away with. It must be so demoralising for other clubs and their fans when they are playing against 11 players and the officials every time. Penalties from dives and / or unfair red cards are guaranteed in Barcelona games.

like when we lost to barca when we supposed not to :/..

A job well done, Agent Sparky.

mark-hughes-chelsea_3407154.jpg?20160128

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

After Barca cheating, i mean winning their way to the QFs, what is the probability of them getting Leicester in the next round?

Leicester putting them out would be the sweetest result in recent football memory.

Edited by Charles Ryder

I've looked but can't seem to find an attendance figure for City tonight. If anyone sees one could they post it here? I wouldn't be surprised if it's recorded as a full house but it sounds like barely 40'000 were there.

Have little sympathy for PSG though...bunch of obnoxious w**kers, as we know only too well...as for Neymar, still think he's overrated, but have to give him credit for that free kick and assist...under the circumstances, his play for the winner was amazing...most people would have just hoofed it back into the area.

Just now, Snedger said:

I've looked but can't seem to find an attendance figure for City tonight. If anyone sees one could they post it here? I wouldn't be surprised if it's recorded as a full house but it sounds like barely 40'000 were there.

Was about 13.

"If you have any flaws in your game, he'll expose them, because he (Suarez) is a top player."

What Gerrard said when he was justifying Suarez diving. Propagating that defenders are complicity always guilty and that certain players should get the benefit of the doubt because of their skill. What a prick, what sort of tripe is that?, only sticking up for his rotten scouse crony.

Even the football aficionados get sucked in and blank out the cheating.

In the coming weeks Lineker and co will be dissecting every dive on MOTD and calling for action by the refs to stamp it out.

It leaves such a bad taste in the mouth. Turns the sport into a wrestling bout with all the acting.

Thank God the rugby is back on this weekend, no cheating players and panto referees. 

Cheating Barcelona march on with applause all round. I can't see the first one as a penalty, the guy has stumbled and Suarez drops his leg on top of his head to simulate contact - at least that's how I saw it. PSG should be shot after letting in three goals after the 87th minute, they also had two very good chances to get a second goal but they were as bad as Barca were in the first leg.

1 minute ago, The Brit said:

Why are people talking about this being the best game ever? Great comeback, thanks to some cheating, but the standard was very poor...PSG did an Arsenal.

I agree. Most of the game was played at a slow pace, it was full of errors and actually mostly quite boring. Add the cheating in and it brings the quality down even more.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I agree. Most of the game was played at a slow pace, it was full of errors and actually mostly quite boring. Add the cheating in and it brings the quality down even more.

Just look at the goals:

1-0 poor PSG clearance straight up in the air, comes off a PSG boot and Suarez heads in from six yards

2-0 iniesta back heel and PSG defender slices ball into his own net

3-0 pen...defender falls arse over tit and momentum brings Barca player down

3-1 long punt by PSG into the box, PSG player heads down to PSGs leading scorer who is totally unmarked and he smashes it in

4-1 Neymar free kick - first bit of quality on the night

5-1 pen...Suarez dives/cheats 

6-1..clever play by Neymar, nice ball into the box for roberto...but PSG players trying to play for offside on edge of their own area

I'm really getting used to this whole double digit lead now. There's no longer a City-game-in-hand asterisk beside it, it's just a bona fide 10-point gap.

90 points needed to guarantee the title, we could get there with three games to spare.

Edited by Charles Ryder