Alex Sandro

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Dortmund were employing a different strategy based on the fact that they accepted PEA wanted to leave and had set their price. Juve are in a different place. As far as we know they have not accepted that Sandro will leave so they are, or have been, playing things differently.

If Juve genuinely do not wish to sell, or are pretending that they don't for negotiating reasons, a deadline makes no sense so they will not set one. If we try to set it, they will simply laugh.

If Juve genuinely do not wish to sell, or are pretending that they don't for negotiating reasons, setting a price makes no sense so they won't do it. Any figure we offer will be routinely rejected. This just pay the price idea presupposes that there is a price which Juve have set. In the context described this idea is ridiculous, bordering on childish.

There is always a price you can buy what ever player you want whenever you want if you pay enough and it's as simple as that, juve sell their best players if you pay enough, pogba for example, if we offer 75 million they sell, that's a fact,  it's not complicated, nor ridiculous nor childish, money talks you pay enough you get what you want. The key to a negotiator is knowing what that limit is that's just too good to say no, and not paying any more than that, guessing that figure within a couple of million,  marina aparentky has to feel around and make several bids in 1 million increments until they say piss off or the window is shut, city say ok we think they want around 40, offer 50. That's why they can buy 3 fullbacks in a window and get exactly what they need. 

28 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

There is always a price you can buy what ever player you want whenever you want if you pay enough and it's as simple as that, juve sell their best players if you pay enough, pogba for example, if we offer 75 million they sell, that's a fact,  it's not complicated, nor ridiculous nor childish, money talks you pay enough you get what you want. The key to a negotiator is knowing what that limit is that's just too good to say no, and not paying any more than that, guessing that figure within a couple of million,  marina aparentky has to feel around and make several bids in 1 million increments until they say piss off or the window is shut, city say ok we think they want around 40, offer 50. That's why they can buy 3 fullbacks in a window and get exactly what they need. 

Agreed. We have f**ked around all transfer window supposedly negotiating for wingbacks. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to realise that Juve will sell Sandro for the right price, and in the case of Danilo we pissed about over, what was it, 2/3 million quid and Man City step in and get it done. Same with Walker from Spurs, who I would not have minded at Chelsea either. It is currently a sellers market place, as the Premier League clubs have lots of money to burn.

Chelsea used to handle transfers as City have done this year, and I have to question whether the board have the same ambition as in 2004 

1 hour ago, Osgood is Good said:

Agreed. We have f**ked around all transfer window supposedly negotiating for wingbacks. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to realise that Juve will sell Sandro for the right price, and in the case of Danilo we pissed about over, what was it, 2/3 million quid and Man City step in and get it done. Same with Walker from Spurs, who I would not have minded at Chelsea either. It is currently a sellers market place, as the Premier League clubs have lots of money to burn.

Chelsea used to handle transfers as City have done this year, and I have to question whether the board have the same ambition as in 2004 

They don't Roman built a team then tried to close the door behind himself by strongly advocating ffp, he can't spend like that anymore and doesn't want anyone else to, city couldn't give a toss about ffp, Utd don't need to worry about it same with European top clubs.

I mean we are in credit this window we haven't spent a penny, we have made money, are we a selling club now? We might need to get to grips with the fact the we do want to win but not by breaking the bank, not any more.

Before  last season started  I said this window and season  will decide if we are Arsenal or an elite club, if we had a weak window and finished outside the top 4 it would have taken us years to recover because we will not spend like we used to.

We must be the only top PL club that's sold more than they spent. Conte saved our arses after the 2nd weak window in a row,  the least we can do it back him.

After costas sale spending 70 on Sandro will leave our net spend at about 25 million, meanwhile we got 150 in prize money...for me the board is becoming overly frugal. 

Im happy with the purchases so far but we aren't spending like our rivals and we are seriously lacking in key positions. 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

They don't Roman built a team then tried to close the door behind himself by strongly advocating ffp, he can't spend like that anymore and doesn't want anyone else to, city couldn't give a toss about ffp, Utd don't need to worry about it same with European top clubs.

I mean we are in credit this window we haven't spent a penny, we have made money, are we a selling club now? We might need to get to grips with the fact the we do want to win but not by breaking the bank, not any more.

Before  last season started  I said this window and season  will decide if we are Arsenal or an elite club, if we had a weak window and finished outside the top 4 it would have taken us years to recover because we will not spend like we used to.

We must be the only top PL club that's sold more than they spent. Conte saved our arses after the 2nd weak window in a row,  the least we can do it back him.

After costas sale spending 70 on Sandro will leave our net spend at about 25 million, meanwhile we got 150 in prize money...for me the board is becoming overly frugal. 

Im happy with the purchases so far but we aren't spending like our rivals and we are seriously lacking in key positions. 

With the stadium build looming on the horizon, I fully expect far less transfer spending for the next several seasons akin to what Arsenal used to spend or the current Spurs.  Spend the money this summer as we won't see any Morata or even Bakayoko type of transfers over the next few years.  Hence, I don't see Conte staying beyond his contract or he may even leave before that.  

52 minutes ago, lchk said:

With the stadium build looming on the horizon, I fully expect far less transfer spending for the next several seasons akin to what Arsenal used to spend or the current Spurs.  Spend the money this summer as we won't see any Morata or even Bakayoko type of transfers over the next few years.  Hence, I don't see Conte staying beyond his contract or he may even leave before that.  

I think it's always been said the stadium money is separate I just don't think roman can spend big like he could, I wonder if he will sell some shares at some point.

The point is if we keep a high quality of player to exchange and keep doing good business and winning prize money we can sustain but a couple of be seasons and you're Arsenal and just can't attract the top players any more. 

Sometimes the only way out if trouble is to buy your way out. Its a frustrating time we are used to being elite, if that changes we will get used to it but the transition will feel sh*t. 

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

I think it's always been said the stadium money is separate I just don't think roman can spend big like he could, I wonder if he will sell some shares at some point.

The point is if we keep a high quality of player to exchange and keep doing good business and winning prize money we can sustain but a couple of be seasons and you're Arsenal and just can't attract the top players any more. 

Sometimes the only way out if trouble is to buy your way out. Its a frustrating time we are used to being elite, if that changes we will get used to it but the transition will feel sh*t. 

I am not sure - I do believe the new stadium has a significant impact on transfer spending sanctioned by the Board.

I do not see the board ever changing its policy of "one in, one out" or for this summer, several out and fewer in unless a new and even richer owner buys out Roman's shares and is willing to pump a lot of money into the club.  Nor do I see any significant increases in net transfer spending - in fact, I think it will be further crimped.  Hence, the club will not buy its way out.  With this in mind, I want the Board to accept the fact that the club may not win trophies every season and perhaps even realize that qualification for the CL is a prize in itself.  Sounds very Arsenal-like but that's what it is.  Top 4 is the aim and anything else is a bonus.

1 hour ago, lchk said:

Spurs have spent 0 so far, I'm going out on a limb and saying we'll spend considerably more. 

4 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

Hold on now, is ambition the word? I suppose we no longer have 'win the CL at any cost' ambition (which is what City's owners now have) we used to have. So you're right it may not be the same. That's a far cry from saying we lack ambition though. We're not willing to spend 200m every summer and I don't find much wrong with that nor do I think it's because of the stadium, Roman won't be paying for that.

I don't think we should ever be aiming for just top 4 and neither do the club I'm sure. I don't think any club can be expected to continually add ever season without clearing the decks especially under a new manager

Ok, I'm not sure what you're basing this off other than we're spending a lot on a stadium. @lchk

Is Levy going to grow some balls and start spending 100m every summer? They just had their best season in a generation and are what, 2 or 3 players away from having the best first team in the league? They haven't spent a penny, a wise choice possibly or it could mean losing Alli or Kane or whomever when they don't win a trophy. They also have spent on a shiny new stadium and tbh though I couldn't tell you who their owner is I doubt he's as wealthy as Roman.

You're being a bit pessimistic 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Ok, I'm not sure what you're basing this off other than we're spending a lot on a stadium. @lchk

Is Levy going to grow some balls and start spending 100m every summer? They just had their best season in a generation and are what, 2 or 3 players away from having the best first team in the league? They haven't spent a penny, a wise choice possibly or it could mean losing Alli or Kane or whomever when they don't win a trophy. They also have spent on a shiny new stadium and tbh though I couldn't tell you who their owner is I doubt he's as wealthy as Roman.

You're being a bit pessimistic 

My earlier comment is based on the impending spend for the new stadium.  

8 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Spurs also have an impending new stadium to spend money on. The sky is not falling

We'll see how much the club spends over the next few years, eh?  And no, the sky is not falling.  It's reality.

I was told to watch this video, this guy has contacts and seems to know alot about Juventus and is also hilarious, he believes the Juventus board want to go back to having a team full of Italian players, which is why they are going to be willing to sell Sandro, he also mentions Juve want Verratti and then today Juve are getting linked with Verratti. 

21 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

I was told to watch this video, this guy has contacts and seems to know alot about Juventus and is also hilarious, he believes the Juventus board want to go back to having a team full of Italian players, which is why they are going to be willing to sell Sandro, he also mentions Juve want Verratti and then today Juve are getting linked with Verratti. 

Dybalatti, Higuaino, Sandrotti, Douglas Costalano, Pjanicenni? 

Edited by Raven8er

2 hours ago, pacquiao said:

Told by whom and why?

5 hours ago, pacquiao said:

Stopped listening once he mention obama

This dude is talking out is ass what does Obama and centre-right have to do with football