Alex Sandro

IliyaKrostin

7 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Think we're going to make a statement.

Candreva, Sergi Roberto, Sandro, Renato Sanches, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Alexis Sanchez and Llorente all signed on deadline day.

All arriving at the bridge in a black taxi, getting out one by one to sign their contract.

7 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Think we're going to make a statement.

Candreva, Sergi Roberto, Sandro, Renato Sanches, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Alexis Sanchez and Llorente all signed on deadline day.

if we buy those 4, we will have a gd season.

we have loads more games this year, we need depth

You guys are reading too much into those preseason games. I am confident Alonso will be fine when hazard is back. He will get a lot more space to attack. That's what hazard does. Juices out a lot of resources of the opposing team.

7 hours ago, coco said:

I don't understand why people are so judgemental of the club during a transfer window.

Firstly we won't know which club has had the best window until the end of the season, not at the start of the season, and certainly not half way through the transfer window.

Leicester had the best window 2 years ago, but you would of never of said that at the start of that season.

We had the best window 3 years ago when we got Costa, and last season when we got Kante and Luiz. 

Imagine the Cadbury's shareholders telling the chocolate manufacturers how to make chocolate, rather than judging them on their annual dividends.

Kante was a good pickup, but Luiz was the last minute panic buy because we were chasing other defenders all summer long and couldn't land them. I'm glad he's matured and came back a more solid player, but let's not rewrite history here.

Also, the problem with "it's only halfway through the transfer window" argument is that while the window is open until the end of August, the season gets underway next week. Going into a new season with an unbalanced squad that lacks depth and quality is far from ideal, and we have a pretty tough schedule early on, with Spurs and Everton in August followed by Arsenal and City games in September. This summer we also went on a commercial trip to Asia, which probably didn't help preparing the team properly.

We can only guess the inner workings of our negotiating team and how they deal with transfers, but from the outside it looks like we have a tendency to take time and not rush into anything. It's probably wise and has to do with us being reluctant to overpay and being taken advantage of, but time and again it looks like we fail where other teams succeed. We regularly go after players that are unavailable and spend too much time and effort for naught and end up buying third or fourth options from our shortlist of targets late in the window. And guess what, when you consistently settle for back-up options, eventually you end up with an inferior squad.

I do hope the board drew the right conclusions from our past mistakes and hopefully we're in for some exciting surprises before the end of August. Otherwise, we're in big trouble.

The second season with Jose we have good windows for sure, last year i`m not so sure. Let`s face it, it was Conte who made us win the title. And the system 3-4-3.

Also it`s not good to do most of your buisness in the end. We need a lot of players, and how can they get use with the team, when the season will be started or almost started?

100% better to get them early, so the manager to know on what players he can rely and to make plans early, and the players to get use to the teammates, new team, style, tactics and so on. You can`t get all of the players early on, but right now we are 5-6 players less then last year, when we was with thin squad from Conte`s view and we have only PL football.

We lack qualities and depth, and most of the world class players are gone. I`m expecting more panics buy at the end, once again, but not every year will finish with happy end.

Forget that we will not be happy, but Conte won`t be happy with that. He renew his contract, but not extend his contract.

He leave Juventus for less, so how exactly the board think they will keep him ? And if he leave, we are doing nothing. Just a circle. To change coach in every 1-2 years. Yeah we win titles, but mostly because we get great managers. But at the end there won`t be very good manager left that want to come to us .....

We sold too much players from the winter and not replace them fast enough.

And if we go back i remember Conte wanted players in the winter as well. And from the end to season he is speaking how the team lack qualities and depth and we sell twice the players we bring in. ::clap2::

I`m worried big time, cause Conte lose would be a huge blow to the team. And if the board continue doing such s*** that may happen sooner or later.

Conte in Juventus wanted very strong team, that could challenge for CL. I`m pretty sure he want to win CL and for that you need very solid squad with great depth.

Edited by brakeit

9 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

We haggled over Lukaku, then were guzumped by Utd. We haggled over Danilo then were guzumped by City. Van Dijk was seemingly on our radar but we baulked at the fee. Some will be glad we're not paying over the odds, others less so.

We've made a lot of money through sales since Jose joined us for the second time, maybe someone knows the figures? It's a lot of money. We've won two titles since then. I'm wondering about our net spend, since the summer of 14/15, what is it? Let's also remember we're probably going to sell Diego this summer, so more money.

14/15 season (includes the Jan window as well) - Net spend was 5.1 million pounds.  We spent 118.3 M pounds and sold 113.2 M pounds.

15/16 season - Spent 71.95M.  Sold 62.85M.  Total net spend was 9.1 million pounds.

16/17 season - Sepnt 119.3 M.  Sold 68M.  Net spend was 51.3 million pounds.

This summer, we have spent 127 million pounds and sold 69.8 million pound worth of players.  

The club can well afford to spend another 100 million pounds with the impending sale of Matic and Costa, if the board wishes to.

lchk, you get the sum wrongs.

Last season we sold players for - 100,400,000m. + 5mln. for Cuardrado loan + 5m. for Salah loan -  for total 114m pounds.

And this season we sold players for : 76,300,000m pounds + 12m in add-ons. Arround 6m. is for Solanke and the money we get from Salah sales.
So without Matic + Costa we sold players for atleast 85m.

You get it wrong for 14-15 season - we buy players for 108,600,000m and sold players for 112,785m. pounds. We have a profit of arround 4m.

15-16 season is like that : we spend : £67,950,000 and sold players for: 60,200,000m., 7m. net spend. That year we sold Ramires, Cech, Felipe Luiz, Oriol Romeu, Throgan Hazard, Kakuta and McEachran.

So with ease we can spend a lot of money this transfer windows, especially with the sales of Matic and Costa.

Edited by brakeit

19 minutes ago, brakeit said:

lchk, you get the sum wrongs.

Last season we sold players for - 100,400,000m. + 5mln. for Cuardrado loan + 5m. for Salah loan -  for total 114m pounds.

And this season we sold players for : 76,300,000m pounds + 12m in add-ons. Arround 6m. is for Solanke and the money we get from Salah sales.
So without Matic + Costa we sold players for atleast 85m.

You get it wrong for 14-15 season - we buy players for 108,600,000m and sold players for 112,785m. pounds. We have a profit of arround 4m.

15-16 season is like that : we spend : £67,950,000 and sold players for: 60,200,000m., 7m. net spend. That year we sold Ramires, Cech, Felipe Luiz, Oriol Romeu, Throgan Hazard, Kakuta and McEachran.

So with ease we can spend a lot of money this transfer windows, especially with the sales of Matic and Costa.

Do note that transfers such as Oscar is considered for last season (16/17) and not for the calendar year.

For 2014/15, the players bought were:

Fabregas - 30 million pounds

Costa - 32M

Pasalic - 3M

Luis - 15.8M

Remy - 10.5M

Cuadrado - 27M

Total = 118.3 M pounds

Edited by lchk

Cuadrado transfer fee was 23.3m. pounds, which could potentially rise to £26.8. But he didn`t do anything for us, so no way we pay the rest of the fee as bonus.

For Fabregas i remember we paid 27m. pounds, and potentially bonus of 2.5m. So yeah you are right for him - 29.5m. poumds, let`s said it`s 30m. My bad here.

But the money we get from transfer it`s higher anyway.
All i mean it`s we take a lot of money from players we sold, and we should have a lot of money to spend this summer.

And if we sell Costa for atleast 30m., with Matic money, here you go another 70m.

Alex Sandro? He’s a Juventus player, he’s extraordinary and he won’t leave us. He’s improved so much since he came to Juve and he has the margins to improve again. Along with Marcelo, he’s one the best in the world.”

-Max Allegri; source: MediaSet Premium via Juve FC

11 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Alex Sandro? He’s a Juventus player, he’s extraordinary and he won’t leave us. He’s improved so much since he came to Juve and he has the margins to improve again. Along with Marcelo, he’s one the best in the world.”

-Max Allegri; source: MediaSet Premium via Juve FC

Well there you go. Another one we've chased all summer and all in vain. 

10 minutes ago, evissy said:

Not sure we have chased him all summer. I bet one or two offers or inquiries will do it.

I actually hope we did. Otherwise I'd be puzzled to figure out what the hell we were doing this whole time. At least, then we'd have some sort of lame excuse why we allowed City to sign three quality wingbacks right under our noses.

Edited by abramovich