Chelsea v Man United (PL) 01/03/11 KO 19:45 GMT

just

So after a confidence boosting win at Copenhagen last night the players can rest up for a week while United have to play 3 games in the space of 6 days. That should work in our favour. Let's hope they pick up a few injuries and a couple of red cards between now and next Tuesday night.

I reckon that's the best thing about the whole situation. We're coming off a confidence building victory, we have another 6 days to work on our combinations fitting in Torres and Luiz and adapting to our new shape. We're at home midweek, it almost feels like a big Champions League tie. We should get out the flags that the other teams hate so much.

Edited by Spiller86

Hopefully with blackpool beating spuds last night the players might see this as a chance to move back in to 4th. Although we won Copenhagen were not up to much and we have still got to move the ball faster if we are going to open up manure on Tuesday.

Torres could be key for this game, no doubt. Drogba is an absolute beast against almost every defender in the league apart from Vidic so I'd be tempted to not start him for this game. By contrast though, the one player who always seems to get the better of Vidic is Torres - excited to see how he does next week.

Though it could sound as an unpopular choice now , I would want to see both Drogba and Torres start this game and Anelka given a free role ..

I want both Drog and Torres tear vidic apart ... that would be quite a sight !

Think I'd be uncomfortable with that - Torres looked comfortable last night up front with Anelka. I'd be inclined to play the same again and sub if needed...

Why not, they are hardly amazing away from home this season and in my opinion there for the taking.

I dont know what to think anymore with our mob, but i actually wouldn't be surprised if we won this!

This should be a really interesting game with the time we have to prepare and get used to the 4-4-2 shape. I think it would be crazy to start Drogba up front with Torres after what Anelka did yesterday. The only change I would make to the lineup is move Ivan out to the right and slide Luiz in with Terry in the middle. Ramires cannot be taken out of the lineup. Every game he plays, the better he gets. Really looks like a good option out on the right.

Though it could sound as an unpopular choice now , I would want to see both Drogba and Torres start this game and Anelka given a free role ..

I want both Drog and Torres tear vidic apart ... that would be quite a sight !

The way Drogba has looked lately that is wishful thinking.

I'd stick with the same side as last night other than bring Luiz in at CB and Ivan to go to right back in place of Bos.

I dont know what to think anymore with our mob, but i actually wouldn't be surprised if we won this!

Its like the good old days isnt it, lose 4-0 to some team stuffed with players youve never heard of then turn Utd over with ease. Then lose the week after again.....

The way Drogba has looked lately that is wishful thinking.

I'd stick with the same side as last night other than bring Luiz in at CB and Ivan to go to right back in place of Bos.

My thoughts exactly on the lineup. I was ready for Zhirkov to replace Malouda in the lineup once he regained his fitness, but Malouda impressed me last night, hopefully he keeps it up.

I think Anelka and Torres derserve to start until Drogba starts pulling his weight.

To my mind, he is playing like someone who already knows he's on the way out.

Totally agree with that...Torres must play, how many times did he tear Vidic a new arse when he played for the dippers...Anelka played something like last night...we must take points from this game 1 or hopefully 3!!!

C'MON CHELSEA!!! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Both teams have been inconsistent all season and so have the rest of the top six so this one is hard to predict which teams will show up. We are a better team this year when we score first which allows for the game to open up. If we score first I can see a solid victory...if we fall behind, especially during the second half it will be tough as Utd wil shut up shop. 2-1 to the blues..we believe!