Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 minutes ago, evissy said:
1 hour ago, Coxy15 said:
Ben Chilwell reportedly our Number one target now. I think we would all agree that left back is a priority area so that's definitely a positive, and chilwell is a fantastic player IMO with plenty of time on his side to improve further. Rumoured price tag of 85 million seems rather high though. Id think 40-60 would be the right ball park for him.

Last time I saw him feature against City and he was a traffic cone. Just one match but I wasn't convinced. We need someone with grit. Alonso and Emerson lack of defending abilities. Alonso is a fantastic wingback in back-5 system and a major threat with his deadly shooting skills.

I agree evissy. I've watched him a stack this season and I remain to be convinced of his quality. He seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none. Leicester fans would still prefer that Fuchs started.

I love everything about Tagliafico except for the fact that he is 10cms too short. He snaps into tackles, is aggressive defending one-on-one, organises others around him, throws himself at corners and has this very clever ability to put a cut back in the path of runners arriving in the box. He pocketed Willian when we played them. But he is very sadly too short and light for the PL. A couple of times Tammy was isolated against him at the far post when we played them and it is like having a free header.

The one thing that encourages me about Chilwell, is his age. He's still got time to develop all the attributes listed above and physically he has everything in his locker to do that. Great speed, good strength and decent in the air. All about the price for me. Anything less than 40 and I'd say fine, but for the fees being quoted we would be crazy to spend that sort of money on him. Particularly when there are other left backs developing like Reguilon at Sevilla/Madrid and Wijndal at Alkmaar are two examples who have all of the potential for half the fee.

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

Bernadeschi for Jorginho doesn't make sense to me. I see Jorginho as one of our most important players. Bernadeschi is a in-and-out Juventus player and not a very young one. Making space for Gilmour and Ruben sort of makes sense. He could deputise Willian and Pedro.. Still. No for me.

Jorginho needs to be moved on to fix our issues against the counter attack and I expect he will leave if we can reach a deal. Bernadeschi is the definition of average. No idea how he has ended up at Juve and unlikely he'd add anything to our team.

It seems like swaps are being touted everywhere. They never seem to work but this year might be different. Maybe we try the NBA approach and get a player to trade on to another club. Marina will be getting the best deals no doubt. She doesn't miss a beat when it comes to selling players.

51 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I agree evissy. I've watched him a stack this season and I remain to be convinced of his quality. He seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none. Leicester fans would still prefer that Fuchs started.

I love everything about Tagliafico except for the fact that he is 10cms too short. He snaps into tackles, is aggressive defending one-on-one, organises others around him, throws himself at corners and has this very clever ability to put a cut back in the path of runners arriving in the box. He pocketed Willian when we played them. But he is very sadly too short and light for the PL. A couple of times Tammy was isolated against him at the far post when we played them and it is like having a free header.

The one thing that encourages me about Chilwell, is his age. He's still got time to develop all the attributes listed above and physically he has everything in his locker to do that. Great speed, good strength and decent in the air. All about the price for me. Anything less than 40 and I'd say fine, but for the fees being quoted we would be crazy to spend that sort of money on him. Particularly when there are other left backs developing like Reguilon at Sevilla/Madrid and Wijndal at Alkmaar are two examples who have all of the potential for half the fee.

If his height is the only concern, then I’m not at all concerned. Sure, it would be great if he was a little taller. But he’s a hell of a player and he would improve our first 11, tall or not.

Edit: just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a quick google search. He’s only an inch shorter than Ashley Cole. Yeah Cole is one of the greatest LBs ever, so I’m not saying Tagliafico would be on his level, but my point is that Cole’s short stature didn’t prevent him from achieving success.

Edited by mwblue10

33 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

If his height is the only concern, then I’m not at all concerned. Sure, it would be great if he was a little taller. But he’s a hell of a player and he would improve our first 11, tall or not.

Edit: just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a quick google search. He’s only an inch shorter than Ashley Cole. Yeah Cole is one of the greatest LBs ever, so I’m not saying Tagliafico would be on his level, but my point is that Cole’s short stature didn’t prevent him from achieving success.

It's a fair point and i nearly agree with you. He's not even a bad header. Scores lots at attacking  corners. But 5'7 against 6'4 strikers when you're stationary and don't have a run up is a disaster waiting to happen. 

I personally think we're too small and lightweight as is. We're getting towards late stage Wenger Arsenal. Too many waifs who are shrugged off the ball too easily. You have to have technique and strength. That was made us so good in our peak years. 

So for me, I can't add him knowing our overall weakness as a squad in that area. Even though he would bust a gut for us, fly into tackles and the crowd would love him for it. Now if we were to move Kepa, Christensen and Jorginho on and replace them with players who had spent more than 5 minutes in the gym, maybe he'd be a good fit 😉

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Bernadeschi for Jorginho doesn't make sense to me. I see Jorginho as one of our most important players. Bernadeschi is a in-and-out Juventus player and not a very young one. Making space for Gilmour and Ruben sort of makes sense. He could deputise Willian and Pedro.. Still. No for me.

Jorginho is a perfect mentor for Gilmour, they should work together next season. Our team is going to be even younger next season so having someone like Jorginho is priceless at this point.

40 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Jorginho is a perfect mentor for Gilmour, they should work together next season. Our team is going to be even younger next season so having someone like Jorginho is priceless at this point.

Not when his agent is pushing the Juve narrative. Anything over £65m I would sell, with RLC fit & Gilmour in the picture we are stocked in the middle of the park. If a replacement is needed slap £50m on the table for Lyon’s Bruno Guimaraes. He is potentially a better player than Jorginho; it’s is very close at present.

6 hours ago, ducavis said:

Not when his agent is pushing the Juve narrative. Anything over £65m I would sell, with RLC fit & Gilmour in the picture we are stocked in the middle of the park. If a replacement is needed slap £50m on the table for Lyon’s Bruno Guimaraes. He is potentially a better player than Jorginho; it’s is very close at present.

We need about 35m to break even on Jorginho and that would be enough for me. He is now holding us back, particularly defensively. That clip doing the rounds of one of the refs running past him as we try and defend the counter, says everything.

For me we need to address three things in our signings this summer:

1. Our vulnerability to counter attacks in midfield.

2. Our massive issues with defensive crosses and headers (primarily this is about Kepa)

3. Our ability to finish chances.

Address those three areas and we are every chance of closing the gap to City and Liverpool. For me the only thing we'd lose by selling Jorginho are his penalties. 

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

That is all just a complication for us and for no good enough reason obviously, even if Juventus wants our player it doesn't mean that we should just do whatever they want, besides Jorginho's agent has been clear enough when he said that all he hears about this Jorginho to Juve transfer is from the newspapers only, nobody from Juventus has contacted him, nor did Juventus contacted Marina.

Makes no sense for us to sell one of our key players that Frankie named as the vice captain, as long as everyone is happy selling such a player would just complicate things and after all Jorginho is now in his best years, you don't just sell a big factor behind the good results during this rebuilding process just because and honestly I can't see how Bernardeschi can end up being a new Hazard anyway, he has been mostly a bench player and those types we had too much already.

In the end why would you want to spend 50m for a young player from Lyon when there is already Gilmour at the ready, it makes no sense to me, sorry.

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

That is all just a complication for us and for no good enough reason obviously, even if Juventus wants our player it doesn't mean that we should just do whatever they want, besides Jorginho's agent has been clear enough when he said that all he hears about this Jorginho to Juve transfer is from the newspapers only, nobody from Juventus has contacted him, nor did Juventus contacted Marina.

Makes no sense for us to sell one of our key players that Frankie named as the vice captain, as long as everyone is happy selling such a player would just complicate things and after all Jorginho is now in his best years, you don't just sell a big factor behind the good results during this rebuilding process just because and honestly I can't see how Bernardeschi can end up being a new Hazard anyway, he has been mostly a bench player and those types we had too much already.

In the end why would you want to spend 50m for a young player from Lyon when there is already Gilmour at the ready, it makes no sense to me, sorry.

Personally not in the camp of those that think he is a key player. He is one of the reasons why we need to play a 4-2-3-1 as you just can’t leave him alone in the middle of the park, this has been a reoccurrence whenever Kante is next to him. We are a more solid team playing a 4-3-3 with a b2b midfielder just behind a creative midfielder.

I never said we needed to replace him as I believe Kante with Gilmour deputising for him are more than capable of holding the fort. I also don’t think we wouldn’t be able to keep possession just because he isn’t available. Liverpool play good football without a deep lying playmaker, and we also have Gilmour.

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

Personally not in the camp of those that think he is a key player. He is one of the reasons why we need to play a 4-2-3-1 as you just can’t leave him alone in the middle of the park, this has been a reoccurrence whenever Kante is next to him. We are a more solid team playing a 4-3-3 with a b2b midfielder just behind a creative midfielder.

I never said we needed to replace him as I believe Kante with Gilmour deputising for him are more than capable of holding the fort. I also don’t think we wouldn’t be able to keep possession just because he isn’t available. Liverpool play good football without a deep lying playmaker, and we also have Gilmour.

He has been a key player for 2 seasons now, your personal dislike or whatever you may have doesn't change that.

After all Sarri was the one insisting to play 433 last season where Jorginho was basically telling everyone what to do, Frankie only builds on that and Jorginho has been the one to organize the team this season as well, it takes maybe a certain insight to remember that though. We have won 40% of our games playing 433 this season and Jorginho has had a 7.1 rating there so once again I can't see him being a problem there, I can't say that your view is based on how we have played but I guess it can be tricky as some players do a lot without being loud about it, Jorginho is one of those so it takes some extra insight to see his influence.

If Juventus really wants to swap then we should look for a key player of their squad as well or at least for someone that has shown great ability and potential for being a key player, e.g. Rabiot that has shown a lot in PSG and that is still to enter his prime, I bet Kante would be happy playing along side him as well.

I think Frankie is still searching for his own style of play, he can't just copy Liverpool and expect to outplay them with their own gameplan. It was natural for him to play 4231.

Edited by Gol15

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

He has been a key player for 2 seasons now, your personal dislike or whatever you may have doesn't change that.

After all Sarri was the one insisting to play 433 last season where Jorginho was basically telling everyone what to do, Frankie only builds on that and Jorginho has been the one to organize the team this season as well, it takes maybe a certain insight to remember that though. We have won 40% of our games playing 433 this season and Jorginho has had a 7.1 rating there so once again I can't see him being a problem there, I can't say that your view is based on how we have played but I guess it can be tricky as some players do a lot without being loud about it, Jorginho is one of those so it takes some extra insight to see his influence.

If Juventus really wants to swap then we should look for a key player of their squad as well or at least for someone that has shown great ability and potential for being a key player, e.g. Rabiot that has shown a lot in PSG and that is still to enter his prime, I bet Kante would be happy playing along side him as well.

I think Frankie is still searching for his own style of play, he can't just copy Liverpool and expect to outplay them with their own gameplan. It was natural for him to play 4231.

I wouldn’t be after a swap deal with Juve, none of their players bar Dybala interest me. If they desperately want him then £65m+ or straight swap with Dybala. I wouldn’t touch Rabiot  because he has mummy issues even though he is very talented. Neither Douglas Costa, Bernadeschi nor Pjanic also interest me.

If he was to leave though I agree that I wouldn’t be replacing him. I would sit Kante deep in midfield & give more opportunities to Gilmour.

5 hours ago, ducavis said:

I wouldn’t be after a swap deal with Juve, none of their players bar Dybala interest me. If they desperately want him then £65m+ or straight swap with Dybala. I wouldn’t touch Rabiot  because he has mummy issues even though he is very talented. Neither Douglas Costa, Bernadeschi nor Pjanic also interest me.

If he was to leave though I agree that I wouldn’t be replacing him. I would sit Kante deep in midfield & give more opportunities to Gilmour.

I would sit Kante deep regardless while Gilmour learns the game. I would be pushing for De ligt if they what  Jorginho. We have a real opportunity to build a team for the next 10 years with a core base of  young players to dominate the league. Liverpool will need to sell one of there star players soon and city’s best players are getting older.

we have a fantastic youth set up with a club legend as manager who will play the younger players with a bit of luck and good management we could dominate for years. 

11 hours ago, Belfast_blue5 said:

I would sit Kante deep regardless while Gilmour learns the game. I would be pushing for De ligt if they what  Jorginho. We have a real opportunity to build a team for the next 10 years with a core base of  young players to dominate the league. Liverpool will need to sell one of there star players soon and city’s best players are getting older.

we have a fantastic youth set up with a club legend as manager who will play the younger players with a bit of luck and good management we could dominate for years. 

No chance De Ligt will be leaving Juve anytime soon, he literally just moved there and with the rest of the Juve defence ageing he is the one that will take up the mantle.

Dybala is the only player that I have interest in signing from Juve, but I doubt he'll move anytime soon either. If he does move I feel like it'll be to a Madrid/Barca

Hello everyone, I am reading this forum for a couple of weeks now. I really like transfer windows speculation and rumors so I think that I should write this post on this thread. I think that Lampard does a really good job this year, and I am very optimistic about our future under him and project that club is going. I think that we have enough money to buy another star in this transfer window. this is my ideal projection for this transfer window,

In: Ziyech (45), Werner (60), Koulibaly (70), Telles (30), Sancho (100)   Sum: 305

Out: batshuayi (30), zappacosta (15), emerson (20), pasalic (15), moses (12), bakayoko (30), morata (55), christensen (30), barkley (25), drinkwater (15), willian (free), pedro (free), jorginho (50) Sum: 297

And this is all without hazard money 🙂

Potential squad:

abraham      
  werner   (giroud)   sancho  
  (pulisic)       (cho)  

kovacic   ziyech    
    (rlc)   (Mount)    
      Kante      
      (gilmour)      

Telles           James
(alonso)   Koulabily   Rudiger   (azpi)
    (zouma)   (tomori)    

kepa      
      (willy)    
Edited by newdecade

For every position you have "backup" player. This is squad with 22 player + we have ampadu and gallagher and 3rd keeper, that is enough players for season. In this prediction I sell 7 player who played this season and bought 5 new.

10 hours ago, newdecade said:

Hello everyone, I am reading this forum for a couple of weeks now. I really like transfer windows speculation and rumors so I think that I should write this post on this thread. I think that Lampard does a really good job this year, and I am very optimistic about our future under him and project that club is going. I think that we have enough money to buy another star in this transfer window. this is my ideal projection for this transfer window,

In: Ziyech (45), Werner (60), Koulibaly (70), Telles (30), Sancho (100)   Sum: 305

Out: batshuayi (30), zappacosta (15), emerson (20), pasalic (15), moses (12), bakayoko (30), morata (55), christensen (30), barkley (25), drinkwater (15), willian (free), pedro (free), jorginho (50) Sum: 297

And this is all without hazard money 🙂

Potential squad:

abraham      
  werner   (giroud)   sancho  
  (pulisic)       (cho)  

kovacic   ziyech    
    (rlc)   (Mount)    
      Kante      
      (gilmour)      

Telles           James
(alonso)   Koulabily   Rudiger   (azpi)
    (zouma)   (tomori)    

kepa      
      (willy)    

Firstly welcome to the forum. Second I think the team you've got there probably represents two summers worth of transfers. It's a lot to spend in one year and a lot of players to move on.

That said I dont think many would argue if what you've suggested came to pass. Only thing for me is replacing Kepa.

8 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Firstly welcome to the forum. Second I think the team you've got there probably represents two summers worth of transfers. It's a lot to spend in one year and a lot of players to move on.

That said I dont think many would argue if what you've suggested came to pass. Only thing for me is replacing Kepa.

I was listening to Rob Green today on talksport, he asked someone at the club why we had bought Kepa whilst there. Answer was Sarri wanted him as he was integral to the way he wanted to play in pinging balls to the wing with either foot and hinted that was despite not being particularly good at other things keepers should be able to do.

4 minutes ago, charierre said:

I was listening to Rob Green today on talksport, he asked someone at the club why we had bought Kepa whilst there. Answer was Sarri wanted him as he was integral to the way he wanted to play in pinging balls to the wing with either foot and hinted that was despite not being particularly good at other things keepers should be able to do.

That doesn't surprise me. I've heard Green talk about him before as well and also describe him as being a bit arrogant for his abilities. I get the sense they didn't get along!

I'd see him like Jorginho as another Sarriball relic stuck on the books with a million year contract. It maddens me this European trend of picking defenders and keepers based on their passing rather than their ability to actually defend.

If there was one transfer we could make that would dramatically improve us it is a new keeper. He is probably the worst first choice keeper we've had since the mid 90s when I started following the club. But he signed a 7 year contract or something silly so he'll be very hard to get rid of.

56 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Has anyone watched Victor Osimhen play, I’d be very happy with Timo but this guy would be an excellent buy. 

He scored against us in the CL this season. Looks like a very promising young player. Been linked heavily with Napoli lately.