Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Really don't see where he plays for us. 

He's wasted out wide with his lack of pace and behind the striker we have Mount/Ruben and Ziyech can fill in there when needed.

Ikr his best position is LCM. Either we stop playing a No. 10 to have Kovacic at RCM and Kante as DM

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Really don't see where he plays for us. 

He's wasted out wide with his lack of pace and behind the striker we have Mount/Ruben and Ziyech can fill in there when needed.

The only thing I can think if he arrives is that Mount will be squad player next season, Loftus-Cheek will play deeper and Ziyech will play on the wing. One of Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante would be relegated to the bench (or sold) unless Loftus-Cheek doesn't get back to the same levels he was showing before his injury. Barkley would probably be finished with us.

I don't want Coutinho at all, I always seen him as a highlights player. He doesn't perform for 90 minutes, he more often than not only has flashes of brilliance. If he does join, then I really don't want him playing out wide, he's so ineffective out wide.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

The only thing I can think if he arrives is that Mount will be squad player next season, Loftus-Cheek will play deeper and Ziyech will play on the wing. One of Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante would be relegated to the bench (or sold) unless Loftus-Cheek doesn't get back to the same levels he was showing before his injury. Barkley would probably be finished with us.

I don't want Coutinho at all, I always seen him as a highlights player. He doesn't perform for 90 minutes, he more often than not only has flashes of brilliance. If he does join, then I really don't want him playing out wide, he's so ineffective out wide.

Maybe Kante going, after last season or is it still this season, maybe now is the time to sell him?

Edited by chi blue

On 08/04/2020 at 19:04, chiefBlueCFC said:

Please Chelsea, do not loan Coutinho. Barca apparently willing to sell Coutinho for 65M euros, about half what they paid for him, should tell you everything you need to know...

giphy.gif

I think I'm the only one who thinks that bringing coutinho in is actually a good idea. Sure barcelona are willing to lose a lot of money but he had a hard time settling there because well its barcelona... Really high standards. In as much as it hurts to say atm we aren't really challenging for the title and this is a perfect scenario for coutinho. He wont have the pressure that he has been exposed to for the past 2-3 seasons. He will bring with him that creativity u know that we have been lacking so much up front this season. Also if we look at his stats ofc for a player of his quality they are not acceptable but he has 8 goals the whole season in the bundesliga in 15 starts. Our second tgs is mason who has 6 goals in 25 starts. Of course it is a totally different league and a different club but he isn't that bad. We need a replacement for willian and us gambling on a player like CHO could backfire fast. sure Coutinho has been struggling but this may be the revival that his career needs. This is just my opinion on the matter not saying im right. 

Mount and RLC can end up being better than Coutinho if they are played. 

If we thought that getting Eriksen would have been a silly move, this is the same thing essentially, we don't need Coutinho at all. 

We do need a striker along side Abraham, even more so if Giroud leaves.
And if Willian and Pedro leave we will probably need another winger as we would have only 3; Ziyech,Pulisic and CHO.

Another midfielder is the last thing we need, Mount has been one of our most creative players this season, together with Abraham they are our best attacking duo. To disrupt that, it wouldn't be a wise decision specially since the two of them are still growing as players. When Mount isn't in a good form, Barkley can step in, that amazing solo goal vs Liverpool showed that as time passed by he was getting better and better for Lampard.

Edited by Gol15

On Coutinho ... Barcelona don't want him, Bayern don't want to keep him, and Liverpool don't want him back ...  that's really all you need to know.

Plus he'd be another midget midfielder and we have too many of them already ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

On 13/04/2020 at 08:23, Sexyfootball said:

On Coutinho ... Barcelona don't want him, Bayern don't want to keep him, and Liverpool don't want him back ...  that's really all you need to know.

Plus he'd be another midget midfielder and we have too many of them already ...

We don't exactly NEED him but he would be nice to have on loan, adds depth and can score goals from range which is something we lack.

Edited by Football Fanatic

On 13/04/2020 at 03:45, Spiller86 said:

Gabriel just named in L'Equipe's French team of the season for what it's worth:

Screenshot_20200413-123951_Twitter.jpg

I completely misread that as L'Équipe's Worst Team of the Season and was completely baffled at the front six.

That said, Renato Sanches did put in the worst individual performance I have ever seen live (I was inexplicably at Wolves vs Swansea for an FA Cup Third Round game - he went off sulking after half an hour). I watched three games that day (two in the pub) and they were all 0-0 - the third was us away to Norwich, I think the first was Leicester vs Fleetwood (there was some buildup about Vardy playing against his former club, but he wasn't even in the squad that day).

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

I completely misread that as L'Équipe's Worst Team of the Season and was completely baffled at the front six.

That said, Renato Sanches did put in the worst individual performance I have ever seen live (I was inexplicably at Wolves vs Swansea for an FA Cup Third Round game - he went off sulking after half an hour). I watched three games that day (two in the pub) and they were all 0-0 - the third was us away to Norwich, I think the first was Leicester vs Fleetwood (there was some buildup about Vardy playing against his former club, but he wasn't even in the squad that day).

Yeah Sanches has been the single biggest example of why you don't buy a player on the back of a good tournament since El Hadji Diouf. Looks to have recovered some of his form at Lille though.

How did his performance that day compare to Bakayoko v Watford? That's probably the worst I can remember. If it was worse than that, then that os saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on the links with Aubameyang, the figure being touted is approximately £50m, For a 30 year old with only 1 year left on his contract & a questionable attitude that seems a little steep.

Having said that this is a signing which will get me excited, I believe he is the best striker in the league & highly versatile, can play any role in the front line. He is the sort of striker that Tammy should be aspiring to replicate and he could learn a lot from him, we could potentially get 2-3 seasons out of Aubameyang at which point I think Tammy would be approaching his peak therefore he wont be hindering his development.

Positives:

- He's clearly brilliant;

- He scores consistently;

- He has a skillset not possessed by any of our other strikers;

- It would hugely piss off the Arsenal fans.

Negatives:

- Ludicrous transfer fee considering his age and remaining contract duration;

- I would be loath to spend big money on a player on the wrong side of thirty, who relies fairly extensively on his physical assets, when he may not even play again for another twelve months.

Looking to compete with the rest for the exciting 22 year old winger from Fiorentina, Federico Chiesa ( son of Enrico that at some point played with Zola in Parma before Gullit signed Zola ) 

IMO he's a great talent, imagine having Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO and Chiesa, that would make Lampard's job very exciting, I can't think of another team in the league that would have better and so many prospects when it comes to wingers!

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/04/29/chelsea-set-to-battle-european-heavyweights-for-italian-star-worth-60million/

@PloKoon13 and @DidierDrogbalala on the options out there at striker for me with Giroud sewed up it makes far more sense to bring in Mertens who can play another position than another striker like Aubameyang. We need someone who can complement Tammy's/Giroud's skills. I think this is also why we are after Werner given his success playing off Schick this season.

Another name we should be looking at is Myron Boadu from Alkmaar. Scored hatfuls in Eredivisie and Europa this season could play with or off Tammy's shoulder. 19 and going to be a big thing. Scored on his debut for the Dutch too.
10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Looking to compete with the rest for the exciting 22 year old winger from Fiorentina, Federico Chiesa ( son of Enrico that at some point played with Zola in Parma before Gullit signed Zola ) 

IMO he's a great talent, imagine having Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO and Chiesa, that would make Lampard's job very exciting, I can't think of another team in the league that would have better and so many prospects when it comes to wingers!

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/04/29/chelsea-set-to-battle-european-heavyweights-for-italian-star-worth-60million/

Sorry to disagree but Chiesa in my view is another of these Italian wingers, Bernadeschi is another who comes to mind, with huge hype for little reason. You watch him and he doesn't stand out despite everything from Fiorentina going through him and all the classic Italian automatic movement being set up to give him space. He doesn't score a lot of goals and he gives the ball away lots.

He is a guy who could play a role but he isn't going to improve us and he isn't worth the investment 60m! it will take to get him. We'd actually be better off keeping Willian. 

Edited by Spiller86

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Sorry to disagree but Chiesa in my view is another of these Italian wingers, Bernadeschi is another who comes to mind, with huge hype for little reason. You watch him and he doesn't stand out despite everything from Fiorentina going through him and all the classic Italian automatic movement being set up to give him space. He doesn't score a lot of goals and he gives the ball away lots.

He is a guy who could play a role but he isn't going to improve us and he isn't worth the investment 60m! it will take to get him. We'd actually be better off keeping Willian. 

While I do see Pulisic as the winger with the most potential (I'm just waiting to see how Ziyech will adapt), Chiesa doesn't seem to be that much behind him in those terms.

Chiesa has been scoring at least 6 goals and creating around the same amount of assists since he was 20 years old, Pulisic is a better player but more inconsistent and injury prone.

I think that Sancho would really make the team better, Chiesa can end up being a good player though keep in mind that he's not playing for a big team.

Edited by Gol15

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

While I do see Pulisic as the winger with the most potential (I'm just waiting to see how Ziyech will adapt), Chiesa doesn't seem to be that much behind him in those terms.

Chiesa has been scoring at least 6 goals and creating around the same amount of assists since he was 20 years old, Pulisic is a better player but more inconsistent and injury prone.

I think that Sancho would really make the team better, Chiesa can end up being a good player though keep in mind that he's not playing for a big team.

I'd say we agree on the relative levels of Pulisic and Chiesa.

My view of their quality may be where we see things differently. For me Pulisic has done very little so far and definitely isn't going to carry us to titles. Chiesa is a level below that.

What's actually required is a level above both. Sancho is definitely at that level. I think a fit and developed CHO might be too. That should be the standard we aspire too. Particularly when spending 50m+. Ziyech is a great start.

I think we are two good summers away from competing for the title. Personally I would be addressing the holes in defence and midfield before going for marquee forwards. 

Edited by Spiller86

4 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I'd day we agree on the relative levels of Pulisic and Chiesa.

My view of their quality may be where we see things differently. For me Pulisic has done very little so far and definitely isn't going to carry us to titles. Chiesa is a level below that.

What's actually required is a level above both. Sancho is definitely at that level. I think a fit and developed CHO might be too. That should be the standard we aspire too. Particularly when spending 50m+.

I agree, I mean you can't go wrong if you're gonna spend a lot of money, Sancho is the player to get.

I do hope though that Pulisic will spend more time at the gym and gain some strength, he can become a really amazing player if he works on his body and avoids getting injured, that's my opinion.

Just now, Gol15 said:

I agree, I mean you can't go wrong if you're gonna spend a lot of money, Sancho is the player to get.

I do hope though that Pulisic will spend more time at the gym and gain some strength, he can become a really amazing player if he works on his body and avoids getting injured, that's my opinion.

He has shown some promise for that month where he was fit and playing. For me he's a guy who'll be a decent asset but he isn't a Robben or a Malouda or a Hazard if we think about wingers who have helped us win titles. What we need is someone who can grow to that calibre. 

For me a player like that doesn't join us as we stand. You have to convince them you can win a league if not a CL. For me we build the basis and show ambition to get to that level by getting the right buys this summer. Next summer you land the big fish to get you over the line. Think of this as our 13/14 and next year as the year we land land 2021 Cesc and Diego to complete the picture.

I think this window is incredibly pivotal for ourselves and United & I think it'll be decisive for the fate of our clubs, we seem to have similar targets and therefore whoever makes the right decisions on signings will forge ahead in the pecking order potentially for the foreseeable future. In addition for the first time in a long time there seems to be abundance of talent available this window, my preference would be for Lampard & co to go all out for Sancho, Mertens and Telles.