Money

Random Rumours

Shevchenko is one of the greatest players I have seen in my lifetime.

Those two goals brought an incredibly warm feeling in my heart, I idolised the guy when I was growing up, just looking at how much it meant for Ukraine and the guy should rightfully go down as a legend of the game and have the streets and squares of Ukraine named after him. The standing ovation he got was awesome.

We are apparantly after Malaga striker Salomon Rondon, never seen him play and have no idea about him. Not too convinced about having another Solomon here though.

Ha ha, i havent heard of him either to be honest. It seems like we are after a cheap back up striker though. If thats the case we should have gone for Ba while he is on the cheap. Already proven in the league as well.

On the subject of Ukraine - they've got two bloody good wingers with bags of potential in Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka (some may remember them from the Ukrainian U21 side last summer)

Guest RFC_CFC

On the subject of Ukraine - they've got two bloody good wingers with bags of potential in Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka (some may remember them from the Ukrainian U21 side last summer)

I thought it was quite ridiculous that the guys covering last night's game claimed Dnipro wanted at least £50 million for Konoplyanka.

Two really good wingers which is what we are crying for, rather pay £38m for both than Hulk. Looked up their stats and it's pretty decent

Yarmolenko is more of a goalscoring winger for club and country (averages a goal every other game-ish for Ukraine and 1 in 3 for Kiev) as he can also play upfront so is a general 'forward'. I like the prospect of him as he's what you'd ask in a wide player (ie. fast and can dribble well, will take the man on and provide width, can pass well and cross and has a very good left foot - which he tends to use often as he cuts inside from the right).

Konoplyanka's an out-and-out winger in the sense that he is very direct and possesses all the attributes you look in a winger (pace, acceleration, dribbling, agility, passing, technique) and offers something different than Yarmolenko as Konoplyanka likes to run at the full backs and look to find a way in behind the defense. He's been linked with Arsenal prior to the tournament, apparently. He's right footed so can play on either flank due to the nature of his play (ie. more of a provider)

I'd take either (or both).

Heard Malaga want £20million for Rondon, he's scored something like 25 goals in 2 seasons over there, its decent but definitely not going to fill the Drogba void and he doesn't really seem worth it for £20million.

20 million for a player who hasnt reached 15 goals each of the last two seasons is too much for me. Surely we can find a better deal than that else where.

Guest RFC_CFC

Two really good wingers which is what we are crying for, rather pay £38m for both than Hulk. Looked up their stats and it's pretty decent

One is valued higher than Hulk though..........

One is valued higher than Hulk though..........

By whom? A commentator? I don't think Arsenal would be interested/linked with a player that would cost more than £15m tbh knowing Wenger's transfer policy.

Once again had the pleasure of watching Keisuke Honda thoroughly dominate Australia. He would do just fine in Chelsea blue.

Dominate .... Geez

He did not dominate

Guest RFC_CFC

By whom? A commentator? I don't think Arsenal would be interested/linked with a player that would cost more than £15m tbh knowing Wenger's transfer policy.

erm no, his club Dnipro came out and said he is valued at 50 million before the tournament began, why would a commentator try to guess a players price?

I very much doubt they would get even half of that price for the lad though, first I have seen of him was last night and while he was impressive he was up against Lustig who was awful.

Edited by RFC_CFC

erm no, his club Dnipro came out and said he is valued at 50 million before the tournament began, why would a commentator try to guess a players price?

I very much doubt they would get even half of that price for the lad though, first I have seen of him was last night and while he was impressive he was up against Lustig who was awful.

You know what owners are like though, Montpellier's one claimed that Giroud was worth 42m Euros in January and it looks like he's off to Arsenal for a third of that (due to a clause in his contract after they won the league iirc) so I'd take their valuation as a pinch of salt. If he goes, it'll be for £10-15m, which would suit both Dnipro and the buyers.

Read some rumours on Twitter that we are bidding in the 10-15 range for Salomon Rondon, Venezuelan striker who plays at Malaga. Probably nothing in it, would rather we keep Sturridge than look for some similarly priced striker.

Rumours that we've entered the race to sign Debuchy alongside Newcastle on the internet. He's looked pretty solid for France so far.

Rumours that we've entered the race to sign Debuchy alongside Newcastle on the internet. He's looked pretty solid for France so far.

Would be a good squad defender for 6m ish

Read some rumours on Twitter that we are bidding in the 10-15 range for Salomon Rondon, Venezuelan striker who plays at Malaga. Probably nothing in it, would rather we keep Sturridge than look for some similarly priced striker.

I'd be interested at around 8 MP, but Malaga want 20 MP and they've got the money to stick to that price so I doubt anything happens.