Money

Random Rumours

Could Theo Walcott become an option if Hulk cannot be signed? :

But there is also a question mark about the ­future of Theo Walcott. The England winger also has one-year left on his contract but talks about a new deal have reached deadlock.

The two parties are still some distance from agreement and Walcott could be on the move in the summer.

Source: http://www.mirror.co...-arsenal-887140

Edit: Given our last transfer with the gooners, maybe a swap with Sturridge would work for everyone. Each gaining an English trained players that has 1 year left on his current deal.

Edited by axman2526

No thanks... Walcott 3 seasons ago, yes! But I just don't see him coming good, unless Sturridge throws a fit and we know he is leaving... With that said, where would he play? He likes the left side, no? Surely he is not going to move Mata and/or Hazard so what's the point?

No thanks... Walcott 3 seasons ago, yes! But I just don't see him coming good, unless Sturridge throws a fit and we know he is leaving... With that said, where would he play? He likes the left side, no? Surely he is not going to move Mata and/or Hazard so what's the point?

Walcott plays on the right. Actually he can be another option if Hulk'd deal stalls, although I'm not a big fan of Theo.

I want to keep Sturridge. His natural position is centre forward and I think he will get more chance in his favoured position now Didier has gone.

I think Walcott could be a good option on that right side for us and we could get him quite cheap if he only has one year left on his contract.

Walcott isn't very good really. He's got pace, but his end product is often wasteful. Sturridge is similar, but I think he has much more potential than Walcott.

Walcott isn't very good really. He's got pace, but his end product is often wasteful. Sturridge is similar, but I think he has much more potential than Walcott.

Agreed. The only reason I'd want him at Chelsea is as an impact sub, he can make a difference against teams when they're knackered, but it would be a waste of money.

http://www.thenation...-premier-league

Chelsea have included two key Poland national team players on their close-season recruitment list. The club are interested in both Robert Lewandowski and Lukasz Piszczek as Roman Abramovich continues his overhaul of the Champions League-winning squad.

Lewandowski, the scorer of Poland's first goal at the European Championship, is seen as an option to strengthen the attack should Radamel Falcao or Hulk prove too difficult to extract from Atletico Madrid, the Europa League winners, and Porto, the Portuguese champions.

The 23 year old was recently voted the Bundesliga's Player of the Season after scoring 22 times in 34 league appearances for Borussia Dortmund.

Piszczek, also a central component of Dortmund's German double-winning team, is a forward-minded right-back who combines pace with a strong 1.84m physique.

The 27 year old provided the cross for Lewandowski's finish against Greece and was an important creative force for Dortmund during his club's run to the Bundesliga title.

The signing of at least one new right-back is a priority for Chelsea. Jose Bosingwa was allowed to leave Stamford Bridge on freedom of contract last month, and the sparsely used Paulo Ferreira is again available for transfer.

An unsuccessful inquiry was placed with Manchester United last month as to the availability of Rafael da Silva.

The Dutch international Gregory van der Wiel, long monitored by Chelsea for the position, has been offered by Ajax for €10 million (Dh46m). The club's scouting department has also been tracking the performances of the Lille and France defender Mathieu Debuchy.

Dortmund have stated their intention to resist bids for either Lewandowski or Piszczek. The right-back is contracted to the club until 2016, and negotiations have been opened on extending the two season's remaining on their leading marksman's existing deal.

With Dortmund aiming to retain their German title and deliver a strong Champions League campaign, Hans-Joachim Watzke, the general manager, recently said he would limit the sale of first-choice players to Shinji Kagawa's transfer to Manchester United.

Abramovich, now in direct control of Chelsea's transfer policy, has also been working on the long-term pursuit of Bastian Schweinsteiger during the Euros. Last week he met the Bayern Munich midfielder at Germany's team hotel, ostensibly to commiserate with him for his Champions League final loss to Chelsea.

"Roman Abramovich paid us a visit and had a talk with Bastian," said Joachim Loew. "They were having a laugh with each other, and Bastian congratulated him with the Champions League win."

While the Germany coach said the meeting was unrelated to any transfer, Abramovich is an admirer of the player and would take advantage of any opportunity Bayern offered him to bid. Schweinsteiger's contract runs until 2016 and he is valued at over €60m.

Chelsea have already secured the Belgium internationals Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne for next season as well as German winger Marko Marin, who failed to make his nations European Championship squad. Abramovich also sanctioned the agreement of a two-year contract with Roberto Di Matteo as "manager and first-team coach".

Chelsea say the unusual title is intended to reflect Di Matteo's increased input in club matters.

So basically when the first goal of the Euros went in, the hacks added the goal scorer and the assister to our recruitment list. The fact that we're rumored to be in the market for a forward and a right back made the connection all the more sweet.

Top journalism.

Duncan castles is pretty credible if I recall (though I maybe wrong and im thinking of some other times writer.). They are defiantly not flavour of the month players either, both have been very successful at Dortmund.

I really like Lukasz Piszczek. Lewandoski is good but is not needed currently. However Debuchy will probably be cheaper so Id go with him. French players seem to generally adapt well to the league.

Duncan castles is pretty credible if I recall (though I maybe wrong and im thinking of some other times writer.). They are defiantly not flavour of the month players either, both have been very successful at Dortmund.

remember him writing a few months ago that mourinho was definitely quitting madrid and coming back to the premier league this summer...err...he has signed a new contract at madrid

If we have interest in a Polish attacking player from Dortmund, I'd sincerely hope it's Kuba instead of Lewandowski. The latter does nothing for me, not clinical enough. Kuba fits our needs, is pacy as all get out and he's a better player overall. Only downside is that he's older, but it's not like 26 is ancient.

I'd take Piszczek in a heartbeat as there aren't many better RBs around in the World that are better than him but I don't think BVB will be selling him. Add the fact that he's too good to be a backup RB, imo, and can cut it at the best clubs in the world as a starter - but if he's happy with being rotated/backup then get him.

Would echo the Kuba love too - very, very rapid, direct, a good dribbler (and takes the fullback on), has good crossing and can shoot. He's also approaching his peak too, so it would be a good buy as he'd give us at least 3/4 years of quality.

I'm actually the complete opposite, I think he's a classic poacher with a good footballing brain. Van Gal said (and i quote [Michael Cole voice]) "in the penalty area, he is the best player in the world, bar none.''

Purely on stats he deserves recognition, in 428 games hes got 279 goals, which is about 0.65 per game. Thats internationally and at club level. Yes he failed to deliver at Real Madrid and AC Milan but there is no doubt about his goal scoring ability, personally i think he would be more suited to Utd's play. But i dont think he would be awful in the EPL like you said.

This goal against Arsenal, was pure quality i remember.

Linked with Huntelaar according to the Star. don't rate him at all he was sh*te in La Liga and has only been prolific in the Dutch and German leagues. I think he'd be awful in the EPL.

Bet you think Gomez is sh*t too?

Huntelaar is awesome, best poacher in the world easy (although, he isn't your classical poacher as he does possess a more technical side than your typical poacher)

Bet you think Gomez is sh*t too?

Huntelaar is awesome, best poacher in the world easy (although, he isn't your classical poacher as he does possess a more technical side than your typical poacher)

why would he think gomez is sh*t too? That has zero to do with this. As for Huntelaar being the best poacher in the world easy, is he bollocks, and he certainly isnt easily the best.

why would he think gomez is sh*t too? That has zero to do with this. As for Huntelaar being the best poacher in the world easy, is he bollocks, and he certainly isnt easily the best.

It was aimed towards prolific in 'only' the Bundesliga, and being 'sh*t' in La Liga which I hardly think is the best barometer to be measuring how well a player would do in the Prem,