MOTM vs Blackburn

loz

Who was your MOTM against Blackburn?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Blackburn?

• Cech
    • Cole
    • Terry
    • Alex
    • Ivan
    • Mikel
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Sturridge
    • Mata
    • Malouda
    • Torres
    • Meireles
    • Romeu

Cech for me, close second for Lamps.

I was annoyed they let Cech play on at first - he clearly looked like he wasn't right - but he went on to perform one of the best performances that I've seen from him in recent times. The Yakubu save was very good, and he didn't give up on the free kick rebound and pulled off another top save.

Nice stuff from Lamps too - passed the ball very well, lovely header from a superb cross for the goal - he's obviously past it though and needs to be dropped as soon as possible. :blush2:

I voted before I saw the results.

Cech gets it for me, staying on the pitch when I'm sure Ashley running into his face hurt him not only physically but mentally. Then he adds to it by keeping a clean sheet, especially on that free kick.

Ivan played well too IMO, as did Ramires.

Edited by ace

Cech, broken nose but refused to get subbed and played on and really kept us in it!

Was it a confirmed broken nose? It did not seem to me that the blood was flowing a great deal from his nose, which is what typically happens with a broken nose. There was blood, of course. I checked the football web sites about his condition, but I found nothing.

Does anyone know anything more today?

Lampard, hes been pegged as a 'has been' by gutter press hacks, 'rested' by AVB and returned to flourish in another new system and scored the only goal yesterday, and to boot is the top scorer in the prem all at the tender age of 33

Cech 2nd for toughing out the game, lets face it with Turnbull on it would have most likely been a draw

Ivan for me. Stat in paper confirms he was top defender in premiership yesterday with more tackles and blocks combined than anyone else. Also got an assist and he hit the bar (okay, so it was our bar, but lets not get picky with details!).

Keep Ivan at right back!!!

Cech for me, the bleeding nose really fired him up for the rest of the game. I hate to imagine the score if he wasn't at his best yesterday. Invanoic deserves a special mention, who said he can't cross the ball? I like how he keep it simple and just put the ball in when in position, rather than drift all over the park and lose the ball like Boswinga. Sturridge was our best attacker, deserved loads of penalties and none coming, no wonder he was frustrated.