The Luiz witch hunt!

ronin

Disagree mate, Luiz alone isn't a reason for a team to lose shape and be torn apart on the counter attack. The Full backs were exposed far too often thus pulling JT and Luiz all over the shop.

I understand you are feeling down at the moment but its something we can work out on the training ground and something Robbie has already mentioned as not being up to scratch so you can rest assured it will be something he will be working on.

And if he was such a liability we wouldnt be unbeaten in the league as well as have him linked with the like of Barca, Madrid and City :big_boss:

..David Luiz is a liability and we are heading for Thursday night football if we don't buck up our ideas.

There were people saying similar things this time last year with the usual scapegoats being used....

Remind me how that one panned out?

Edited by mclovin83

Wow after one loss we are going to be playing europa league?

And as for Luiz, tell me what Chelsea player had a good game last night? We could all sit here and point fingers at certain players but they play as a team and are under instruction from the manager.

Part of the reason why we played so badly was down to how well Shakhtar played.They nullified our attacking threats brilliantly. These guys are an absolute force at home and just in general at the moment looking at their current run of 33 games undefeated with 31 wins. Lets take it as a lesson learnt for this young team. We can't win every match and i would rather we lost this match which may not end up mattering if we make it through rather than dropping points in the league.

Ridiculous thread.

The team we played haven't been beaten in over 30 games. They beat Barca at home recently. They are a good side.

Agreed.

You win as a team you lose as a team. The team did not put pressure on their defence until the last 15 minutes which then exposed how weak their defence is.

I would add that I thought Torres was poor and that when Sturridge came on there seemed to be a lot more happening up front. Torres still not 100% which is puzzling.

A good wake up call to remind everyone that Chelsea need to play a lot better to defend their title of....

Champions of Europe.

Edited by shedhead

luiz is a liability, we have a better option in cahill

however, last night Robbie gets the blame for me. He is one who picked (and keeps picking) luiz and torres,but most importantly the team set up was all wrong. they tore us apart from wide areas because we had no proper width to deal with.

with luiz and torres, i hope he will correct his mistakes. we've seen him in the past do this which is good (dropping lamps, moving ramires back infield, getting oscar into the team) and i really believe he knows he got it wrong last night and have faith we'll do much better back at the bridge

Edited by onebelo

luiz is a liability, we have a better option in cahill

however, last night Robbie gets the blame for me. He is one who picked (and keeps picking) luiz and torres,but most importantly the team set up was all wrong. they tore us apart from wide areas because we had no proper width to deal with.

with luiz and torres, i hope he will correct his mistakes. we've seen him in the past do this which is good (dropping lamps, moving ramires back infield, getting oscar into the team) and i really believe he knows he got it wrong last night and have faith we'll do much better back at the bridge

So what has luiz done wrong since monaco that warrants dropping? Please do tell.

So what has luiz done wrong since monaco that warrants dropping? Please do tell.

well apart from silly mistakes and being a general liability, a simple answer to that question is that we have cahill, who along with terry should be our CB pairing

well apart from silly mistakes and being a general liability, a simple answer to that question is that we have cahill, who along with terry should be our CB pairing

I like facts not your word. This is a pretty flimsy "reason".

I like facts not your word. This is a pretty flimsy "reason".

well a lot of it comes down to opinion at the end doesnt it ffs

i just dont see how anyone can feel safer with luiz than cahill

the lad is not football smart. people say its lapses in concentration but its not really, its that he has poor anticpation, awareness and positioning. he's a terrific athlete but as a CB you want someone far more mentally reliable than him.

I would add that I thought Torres was poor and that when Sturridge came on there seemed to be a lot more happening up front. Torres still not 100% which is puzzling.

Yes, however not puzzling, Torres looked tired last night and understandably so, he's played every game this season, sometimes numbering 2 per week, followed by a 6 hour flight will take a toll. It's good for us that Sturridge is back fit again as he is now in a position to alleviate some of this pressure and he'll be sensing his chance to make an impact. Ray was right, we were loose, Shaktar were fantastic, time to learn, regroup and forge forward...

first time terry and luiz have started together and lost since December last year. they've played against Barcelona, napoli, benfica, juventus, Manchester united, Tottenham, Liverpool. we've managed to get at least a draw against these top teams. Cahill is a quality centre back, and fortunately so is luiz. he's had a lot of flack these last 2 games when in reality Cahill and terry both made as many if not more errors.

Been watching the game again, I thought Luiz was our best defender last night, Ashley Cole gave Teixeira way too much room and time to score the first goal, go watch it again. Ivanovic got murdered on the right, both goals came in from the right. And JT looked very sluggish, you cant play him in games like this, save him for the prem, we did ok without him in Europe last season didn't we ?

Instead of blaming individual players for our defeat, you should sing the praises that we have the best keeper in the world, or else it would of been a hell of a lot worse.

Come on answer the question, WHAT MISTAKES HAS LUIZ MADE THAT HAS COST US A SINGAL GOAL SINCE MONACO !!!

Been watching the game again, I thought Luiz was our best defender last night, Ashley Cole gave Teixeira way too much room and time to score the first goal, go watch it again. Ivanovic got murdered on the right, both goals came in from the right.

come on that isnt true at allhow the hell can you blame cole!

luiz came out and made a god awful clearance and created confusion in his positioning which made lampard try to cover him. same excuse is made of mikel all the time - he puts us in a poor position and our defenders usually get the blame. its like if terry was 1v1 then fell over, and then blaming cech for letting in the goal

Come on answer the question, WHAT MISTAKES HAS LUIZ MADE THAT HAS COST US A SINGAL GOAL SINCE MONACO !!!

and theres your problem. what kind of reasoning is that ? why is it up to the OTHER team to justify HIS mistake ?

Edited by onebelo