Rafa Benitez Appreciation Thread

SydneyChelsea

I appreciate Rafa Benitez will TRY his best for us....Unfortunately , he does not fit in with what ,it seems, the fans want for this club...Im not going to slag him off for his alledged comments on us or the club...I dont believe hes that important to lose sleep over...I appreciate it must have been (apart from money) tough to come here knowing the stuff he would have to face..I hope he gets us winning something and hope HE appreciates his position....

He is doing the best he can.

It's Abramovich who we should despise. Our club is an embarrassment right now, and it's all because of him.

Rafa just happens to be the scapegoat. He probably knew that he would not be accepted but fair play to him he stepped in and is doing what he can. We're not too bad in the league at the moment, it's just that without JT playing we can't defend (or win at home for that matter).

Queue the abuse...

He is doing the best he can.

It's Abramovich who we should despise. Our club is an embarrassment right now, and it's all because of him.

Rafa just happens to be the scapegoat. He probably knew that he would not be accepted but fair play to him he stepped in and is doing what he can. We're not too bad in the league at the moment, it's just that without JT playing we can't defend (or win at home for that matter).

Queue the abuse...

How is Benitez the scapegoat for a series of results that include home defeats against QPR and Swansea, drawing at home against Fulham and Southampton? Of those the only one that can possible be excused is Swansea, both of their goals being down to mistakes by Ivanovic. Without those mistakes you'd be left with a scoreless draw, failure to beat three very poor teams at home, and the same statistic of one home win in seven.

Not too bad in the league compared with what? I forget offhand,but I think we were second when he took over, four points behind Man U? We're now third in the league, but ,more tellingly thirteen points behind Man U.

I have no problem at all with criticising Abramovich and the board for replacing Robbie with Benitez, but to say that he is merely the scapegoat simply isn't true.

I am thankful for one thing since he came here.

His arrival and record since coming in have confirmed to anyone still in doubt that our owner is a clueless meddler and that he and his yes men throughout the club have absolutely no idea how to run a successful football club. 

I wont rehash all the reasons here. But Chelsea win trophies because of his billions, but Chelsea also win in spite of his presence. If that is his goal, to make the club good, but make sure it doesnt become great, it would be nice to hear it spoken plainly in an interview.

The longer the Benitez era goes on at Chelsea, the less perverse Venky's obsession with Steve Kean looks in retrospect. And that, folks, is damning.

So thank you for that, "Rafa".

The Star are saying that Abramovich is not happy with Rafa, and was wrongly advised by Emenalo to appoint him, so he is taking personal control over the next appointment.    Here's the link: 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/293733/Abramovich-rage-over-Rafa/

I clicked the link and went to the 'bikini babes' section - I really don't want to read about us anymore!!!

Archived