Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Okay just 1 question. We understand that Moses, Alonso, Kante, Matic, Costa, Willyan are all bad and its their fault that Hazard is not so good and he can combinate with them. But why in the blue hell with all the best technical player in the national team of Belgium, why he is such a shadow there too ? Why the worst team of Italy literally destroy Belgium ?
Where was Hazard on Euro 2016?
We blamed Mournho for Hazard. He have too many defensive function, too much tactical in the front, not so much freedom, but now he have all the freedom in the world, and we still search someone else to blame ....

I`m pissed cause all the Belgium "super" talent have all the technical skill in the world, but they lack character/mentality/leadership, thats the reality.

When you need him the most, when he need to make impact, he goes missing ....

I was hoping that Conte would change that, but so far no luck.

Thanks god we have Luiz. That guy have all the 3 quality that Hazard is missing.

And don`t think i don`t like Hazard for a second. He is my favorite player, but i`m so mad he always goes missing in such imporant games. And he could be so much, so much better. But lacking the hard work to step to the next level.

Edited by brakeit

Just putting the question out there: Would you rather have Alexis Sanchez or Eden Hazard in our team?

I would still say Hazard but i wonder if anyone else thinks differently.

17 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Just putting the question out there: Would you rather have Alexis Sanchez or Eden Hazard in our team?

I would still say Hazard but i wonder if anyone else thinks differently.

Sanchez for me. Unless we sign Sanchez or Bale however I don't think there's anyone who can replace Hazard.

Edited by the special one

None of the attacking players on either side had great games, it wasn't a type of game where the attacking players had any space. We couldn't string 2 passes together and Liverpool pressing is strong and when Hazard did get it he usually made the correct decision. Kante and Luiz were the best players on the pitch which tells you what type of game it was.

8 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

Regularly hits teens for goals and assists? Wrong. Open play goals: 12/13 = 10, 13/14 = 12, 14/15 = 13, 15/16= 5, 16/17 = 7. The one season he hit teens was fortunate because his 13th goal was a rebound from a penalty.

Has heavily contributed to 3 trophies in 4 years? Wrong. Didn't play in EL final or do anything of note bar his goal against Sparta in the L16. Would have won it without him.

Will likely soon become 4 in 5? If you remove all Hazards goals and assists Chelsea would still be top by 7 points, his only meaningful G/A was his penalty vs West Ham.

The goal against Sparta that would have sent us to extra time and could have knocked us out if it didn't go in, that one?

Well it's not as simple as removing goals and assists is it? We won every single game Drogba didn't play in the double season, so by that logic it would have been even easier without him. Penalties count, and even if they didn't those figures are better than the ones Joe Cole, Duff and Robben produced for Chelsea, players who some fans bizarrely think was better than Eden for us. His goal stats for a winger are very good.

8 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

What is you're definition for producing the goods when it matters most exactly? Rising to the occasion when your team needs you. Having an impact and being decisive. 

Like he done almost every week in our last title win? Like he did numerous time the year before to secure a top four berth? 

8 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

If Eden was at Atleti, Dortmund or Juve I'd be begging for him? No I wouldn't. That would mean he would have to be producing in the big CL games, something he has yet to show he is capable of doing.

Ok so if Dybala or Griezmann came to us in the summer you wouldn't be excited? If both became openly available on the market and we were one of the teams in for them you wouldn't be hoping upon hope they happen? Well guess what? neither of them have a track record "when it really matters" either, infact the latter played two European Cup finals last year and was average in both of them, does that alone mean you wouldn't be excited if we got him?

Think how you want Hazard to play in big games, and think how many times a winger or even player has played like that against us, not very often is it? big games are big games for a reason, no player in the world is consistently amazing in them, not even Messi.

8 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

P.S I didn't even say Hazard had a shocker, I simply said it's another big away game were he has gone missing.

But that's the point he didn't, he didn't have one of his touched by god games or even his very good one's but he still had an impact, won the (all be it debatable) free kick for the goal and created about 3/4 solid openings that were ruined because the other team mates made bad decisions.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, Argo said:

The goal against Sparta that would have sent us to extra time and could have knocked us out if it didn't go in, that one?

Well it's not as simple as removing goals and assists is it? We won every single game Drogba didn't play in the double season, so by that logic it would have been even easier without him. Penalties count, and even if they didn't those figures are better than the ones Joe Cole, Duff and Robben produced for Chelsea, players who some fans bizarrely think was better than Eden for us. His goal stats for a winger are very good.

Like he done almost every week in our last title win? Like he did numerous time the year before to secure a top four berth? 

Ok so if Dybala or Griezmann came to us in the summer you wouldn't be excited? If both became openly available on the market and we were one of the teams in for them you wouldn't be hoping upon hope they happen? Well guess what? neither of them have a track record "when it really matters" either, infact the latter played two European Cup finals last year and was average in both of them, does that alone mean you wouldn't be excited if we got him?

Think how you want Hazard to play in big games, and think how many times a winger or even player has played like that against us, not very often is it? big games are big games for a reason, no player in the world is consistently amazing in them, not even Messi.

But that's the point he didn't, he didn't have one of his touched by god games or even his very good one's but he still had an impact, won the (all be it debatable) free kick for the goal and created about 3/4 solid openings that were ruined because the other team mates made bad decisions.

Yes that one. It's not like we were going out if he didn't score, we would probably have won in ET. Important goal of course, but not the be all and end all.

What a moronic statement that is. I didn't say we have won every game Hazard hasn't played I said we would still be top without his Goals & assists. 

Penalties are deceiving and inflate stats. Yes because Cole, Robben & Duff were part of arguably the greatest team in Premier League history and all contributed to us winning numerous titles, as well as challenging for the Champions League.

His goal stats for a winger are good, but underwhelming when compared to players fans constantly tell me he is better than.

Almost every week in our last title win? Cesc, Matic & Costa carried us in the first half of 2014/15 and I've said he was quality the second half of that season. The year before that as well, I'm talking when the team are playing poor and we need him to win.

Yes I would about Grizemann. He has has no track record when it really matters? He carried Atleti to the CL final. Scored the decisive goal in the SF 2nd Leg away to Bayern. Scored both goals that knocked out Barcelona in the QF. Again he was France's main man in the Euros. Scored both goals in the L16 and both goals in the SF against favourites Germany. He was the top scorer and voted best player. How many times do players have great games in finals though? look at what he done to get himself there.

Yes I know but my point was Hazard is constantly underperforms in the big away games.

4 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Wow some harsh statements in there, believe it or not I think Conte got it slightly wrong last night the fluidity from defense to attack was not there and hence the attacking trio were left chasing long balls all night. I think Conte would've changed the system earlier had we not gone a goal up but in order to counter the high press we will need to go with 3-5-2 with Fabregas in the heart of the midfield creating that connect between defense and attack.

Can't wait to see us play 3-5-2 next season. Hazard can take over the second striker role beneath/next to Costa. Could even play as a 10 with Kante and Cesc behind him if we want to be really bold. 

As for now, I think he suffers being essentially the only player who creates his own shot. Defenses can key on him and take their chances with someone else winning a 1v1 or with him playing the ball back or to a wide player overlapping. I'd be very interested in seeing a map of where he receives the ball against teams in the bottom 15 vs teams in the top 5, I have a feeling there's a clue there as to why he seems to be so lackluster. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

5 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

Yes that one. It's not like we were going out if he didn't score, we would probably have won in ET. Important goal of course, but not the be all and end all.

What a moronic statement that is. I didn't say we have won every game Hazard hasn't played I said we would still be top without his Goals & assists. 

Penalties are deceiving and inflate stats. Yes because Cole, Robben & Duff were part of arguably the greatest team in Premier League history and all contributed to us winning numerous titles, as well as challenging for the Champions League.

His goal stats for a winger are good, but underwhelming when compared to players fans constantly tell me he is better than.

Almost every week in our last title win? Cesc, Matic & Costa carried us in the first half of 2014/15 and I've said he was quality the second half of that season. The year before that as well, I'm talking when the team are playing poor and we need him to win.

Yes I would about Grizemann. He has has no track record when it really matters? He carried Atleti to the CL final. Scored the decisive goal in the SF 2nd Leg away to Bayern. Scored both goals that knocked out Barcelona in the QF. Again he was France's main man in the Euros. Scored both goals in the L16 and both goals in the SF against favourites Germany. He was the top scorer and voted best player. How many times do players have great games in finals though? look at what he done to get himself there.

Yes I know but my point was Hazard is constantly underperforms in the big away games.

So Cole, Duff and Robben are better because they were part of a better team? Sorry Ash, looks like Wayne Bridge was number 1 all along. Which players? Ronaldo and Messi are out on their own no point comparing. Bale gets more goals but mainly because he shoots an obscene amount of times a game (Hazard only shoots if its on), likewise Neymar.

The second half of that season we would have been caught had it not been for Hazard and Courtois, every point we picked up post Spurs was owed to a big moment by one or often both of them. We did play poor all through those last few months and he stood up. Also even in the first half of that season twice (va Arsenal and QPR) he turned it on and won us a pen when we were in a sticky situation and playing poorly, without those we would have been trailing Man.City in new year by 4 points and Jose teams aren't good at chasing.

Ok i got it wrong about Antoine but the point still stands re Dybala, infact the exact same accusation re big games was labelled at Ronaldo at United, he only scored 3 in about 30 combined vs Chelsea and Liverpool and i can't recall him netting past any European heavyweights for United either.

Would i like Hazard to play like he did vs Hungary and Everton most weeks? Yes, mainly because if he did the PL would be an even bigger one horse race than SPL and we would be heavy favs in Europe but sadly that isn't possible but even getting that Eden 5 times a season in itself offers a major advantage over our rivals.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

So Cole, Duff and Robben are better because they were part of a better team? Sorry Ash, looks like Wayne Bridge was number 1 all along. Which players? Ronaldo and Messi are out on their own no point comparing. Bale gets more goals but mainly because he shoots an obscene amount of times a game (Hazard only shoots if its on), likewise Neymar.

The second half of that season we would have been caught had it not been for Hazard and Courtois, every point we picked up post Spurs was owed to a big moment by one or often both of them. We did play poor all through those last few months and he stood up. Also even in the first half of that season twice (va Arsenal and QPR) he turned it on and won us a pen when we were in a sticky situation and playing poorly, without those we would have been trailing Man.City in new year by 4 points and Jose teams aren't good at chasing.

Ok i got it wrong about Antoine but the point still stands re Dybala, infact the exact same accusation re big games was labelled at Ronaldo at United, he only scored 3 in about 30 combined vs Chelsea and Liverpool and i can't recall him netting past any European heavyweights for United either.

Would i like Hazard to play like he did vs Hungary and Everton most weeks? Yes, mainly because if he did the PL would be an even bigger one horse race than SPL and we would be heavy favs in Europe but sadly that isn't possible but even getting that Eden 5 times a season in itself offers a major advantage over our rivals.

I didn't say they were better but the very few I've seen say so is because they won more silverware which is a fair point.

Sanchez, Neymar, Robben, Bale, Reus. Yeah and that is a massive problem, he needs to shoot a lot more.

Again I gave credit to Hazard, he did carry us in the second half of 14/15. Of course he did have his moments in the first half of the season but Cesc & Costa much more instrumental.

Are you really comparing Dybala to Ronaldo at United? Ronaldo won 3 PL's in a row and the CL as well as making another final. He was the main man in all. Ludicrous comparison to say the least, he scored numerous big goals for United (especially in his last 3 seasons)

Yes but he with his talent he should be doing that most weeks which is annoying.

9 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

Some of the posts in here is just mind numbing stuff. I really hope some of you arent old enough to vote.

Off course he looked leggy in the second half, he was chasing down players and sprinting after long balls all game together with Costa. What do people expect from him? That he gets the ball deep in our own half, dribbles past 4-5 players while running the entire length of the pitch to set up a scoring chance? We couldnt string together 3 passes before Fab came on. 

Do we actually think games would have ended with the same score without Hazard creating space and dictating play? Saying hes living off a purple patch? FFS get a grip

I shouldn't vote because I stated a few analytical opinions, you don't agree with? Wow, how closed-minded & ignorant do you sound? wouldn't want you anywhere near a voting station with that mindset.

4 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

I didn't say they were better but the very few I've seen say so is because they won more silverware which is a fair point.

Sanchez, Neymar, Robben, Bale, Reus. Yeah and that is a massive problem, he needs to shoot a lot more.

Again I gave credit to Hazard, he did carry us in the second half of 14/15. Of course he did have his moments in the first half of the season but Cesc & Costa much more instrumental.

Are you really comparing Dybala to Ronaldo at United? Ronaldo won 3 PL's in a row and the CL as well as making another final. He was the main man in all. Ludicrous comparison to say the least, he scored numerous big goals for United (especially in his last 3 seasons)

Yes but he with his talent he should be doing that most weeks which is annoying.

Would Hazard benefit from shooting more? A lot of great moves start by him doing a dribble in key areas and a key pass to a teammate where the players you mentioned above would have had an unrealistic pot shot. I honestly believe we (and he)  would be easier to play against if he went down that route, truth be told. Yes Ronaldo won the titles, main reason i brung him up is because at United his big game record was questioned like you have done with Hazard.

The last line is the point i was making, even in average games for his standards he still makes major contributions, thats why he's such a great player.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Would Hazard benefit from shooting more? A lot of great moves start by him doing a dribble in key areas and a key pass to a teammate where the players you mentioned above would have had an unrealistic pot shot. I honestly believe we (and he)  would be easier to play against if he went down that route, truth be told. Yes Ronaldo won the titles, main reason i brung him up is because at United his big game record was questioned like you have done with Hazard.

The last line is the point i was making, even in average games for his standards he still makes major contributions, thats why he's such a great player.

Did you really just ask me if Hazard would benefit from shooting more? When this is the biggest thing people criticism him for.

Yeah people were saying that during his first three seasons then he started performing.

Yeah he is a great player but he is extremely overrated.

6 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

Did you really just ask me if Hazard would benefit from shooting more? When this is the biggest thing people criticism him for.

Yeah people were saying that during his first three seasons then he started performing.

Yeah he is a great player but he is extremely overrated.

People critisisd him for it because they are obsessed with goal figures in the modern day, 10 years ago a winger with his goal record would get praised to the hilt. And yes, if he starts shooting from unrealistic angles instead of dribbling taking a couple of players out of the equation to open more space for an attack then we would very much be worse off for it.

15 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

Care to elaborate? because I'm dumbfounded by your idiocy 

Didn't he say you can't say a player is better because they win more silverware? Fair point isn't it? Zola doesn't have a PL medal, Cleverly does, just saying.

21 minutes ago, Argo said:

People critisisd him for it because they are obsessed with goal figures in the modern day, 10 years ago a winger with his goal record would get praised to the hilt. And yes, if he starts shooting from unrealistic angles instead of dribbling taking a couple of players out of the equation to open more space for an attack then we would very much be worse off for it.

Didn't he say you can't say a player is better because they win more silverware? Fair point isn't it? Zola doesn't have a PL medal, Cleverly does, just saying.

The game has evolved. Wingers are antiquated, majority of wingers these days are now wide forwards.

I'm not saying shoot from stupid positions, but there are many examples of Hazard taking an extra touch or passing when he should be getting a shot away.

Yeah but that is like saying Anderson > Gerrard because he has won 4 PL's to Gerrad's 0. Or Djimi Traore > Hummels. You get my point? you can make countless absurd statements like that. Saying Robben/Cole/Duff > Hazard is equitable in context.

1 hour ago, FLYMJ said:

Damien duff is not better than hazard because he win more, it's a moronic thing to say because it just isn't that simple. Was the league as strong, were teams stronger, how many injuries did they have, how many injuries did the squad have, did the manager implode mid season and on and on...There are many many variables so basing it on trophies win is idiotic. One of My favourite non Chelsea players is Matt le tissier, he never won a single thing, ever. He chose to stay loyal to saints, but was still incredibly skillful. 

Edited by dkw

3 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

3 hours ago, FLYMJ said:

I shouldn't vote because I stated a few analytical opinions, you don't agree with? Wow, how closed-minded & ignorant do you sound? wouldn't want you anywhere near a voting station with that mindset.

1 hour ago, FLYMJ said:

Can't you just give a reply without coming across so rude? Word of advice. Everyone I see is putting across well said views but you comments are a bit out of hand. The amount of times you revert to an insult is not necessary.

Just what on earth would upset a Chelsea fan about our best player so much? I will never understand the people who will come out calling their fellow supporters "dumbfounded idiots" to prove their point that the one player many fans and independent sources consider the best in the league is "overrated".

And you won't convince them otherwise. You can't fight bigotry with common sense, it just doesn't work. You see it everywhere in the world right now. A very strange phenomenon. It's like some people want to compensate for some problems of their own by doing damage to others.

Edited by PythonLu

I do worry that come the end of the season that Hazard will want to leave especially as he made them comments about leaving on a high. 

As frustrating as he is, he is one of them special players that come round once a generation. 

I actually think Duff did just as much for Chelsea in those 2 years they won the leagues as Hazard has done for Chelsea. It's just Hazard is the superstar of chelsea while the team Duff played in I personally think was the best team the prem has ever seen and was feared by all of europe.

Joe Cole was never on the same level as hazard.

I also believe Robben did the same for Chelsea as Hazard. Both Robben and Duff had a different skillset to Hazard but they was quality wingers. Once Robben went to Bayern I believe he reached a level Hazard has yet to reach. Just my opinion though and I'm not basing it on medals because Zola was the greatest player I have seen in a Chelsea shirt.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Damien duff is not better than hazard because he win more, it's a moronic thing to say because it just isn't that simple. Was the league as strong, were teams stronger, how many injuries did they have, how many injuries did the squad have, did the manager implode mid season and on and on...There are many many variables so basing it on trophies win is idiotic. One of My favourite non Chelsea players is Matt le tissier, he never won a single thing, ever. He chose to stay loyal to saints, but was still incredibly skillful. 

Damien Duff contributed more to Chelsea than Eden Hazard. That is a fact. Also the Premier League was the best and strongest league in the world from 2004-09.