Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Lampard is once in a life time player, Hazard's record is no where near that right now, of course he has time to prove his true value.

Hazard wont be a Messi Ronaldo, only players in the curretera who got close to them were Suraez, Griezman, and they haven't been able to do it like 3-4 years in a row. Despite all the criticism, any realistic targets to replace him ( especially in the EPL)? Sanchez, Ozil, KDB, Erickson etc all had some average games this season.

21 minutes ago, coco said:

Joe Cole disagrees.

He's being gratuitous, Hazard on from is our best player, but I think cole in his pomp was a better player for us. Maybe not as talented but more effective in both directions. Talent is only half the battle and while Eden has it in spades I think he lacks some fundamentals to take him up that level, not consistent enough. Robbed is a whole other level for example 

6 minutes ago, barak81 said:

He's being gratuitous, Hazard on from is our best player, but I think cole in his pomp was a better player for us. Maybe not as talented but more effective in both directions. Talent is only half the battle and while Eden has it in spades I think he lacks some fundamentals to take him up that level, not consistent enough. Robbed is a whole other level for example 

I won't argue with that, but only because Hazard is only half way through his career. I hope to be able to say Joe Cole was right in another 5-6 years.

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

Shame really, because he could be one of the best ever. With his naturla ability, imagine if he had the drive of Ronaldo to improve. He'd be unstoppable.

And he'd already be at Real Madrid because that's where ambition takes you :)

Edited by ashwin

According to Squawka he's the best in England and ahead of Messi. No doubt, Joe is right, he's the best player in this squad by a mile and possibly the best Chelsea ever had even right now.

Not many Chelsea players were ranked so highly by independent sources, if any. 

Glad you're with us Eden, it's a big honour :)

Edited by PythonLu

On January 25, 2017 at 16:12, barak81 said:

Not consistent enough? :laugh2: Even if that were true the fact you have then used the definition of inconsistentcy (which Joe Cole was) is laughable.

On 1/25/2017 at 16:12, barak81 said:

Hahaha Hazard is miles more talented than Joe Cole was, i would take the best Eden Hazard over the best Joe Cole everyday of the week. One of Hazard best attributes for me is his intelligence 9 time out of 10 he will make the correct decision, Joe Cole lack of intelligence of the field showed when he played he usually would make the wrong decision in the final third.

30 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Hahaha Hazard is miles more talented than Joe Cole was, i would take the best Eden Hazard over the best Joe Cole everyday of the week. One of Hazard best attributes for me is his intelligence 9 time out of 10 he will make the correct decision, Joe Cole lack of intelligence of the field showed when he played he usually would make the wrong decision in the final third.

I'll take an average Hazard over the best Joe Cole everyday of the week, to be perfectly honest.

Don't take me wrong, I like Cole, but Hazard is a game-changer, he's not just someone who can win you a game, or even a season, but he does it with an element of magic, he won't just give you a trophy to remember, but an experience with it. Players like him are rare, maybe five or so every ten years. We are very, very lucky to have him.

Cole, at best, was a solid midfielder. A great guy, but when it comes to football, he had been stuck in the very-talented all his career and never reached the world-class-player stage. 

2 hours ago, PythonLu said:

I'll take an average Hazard over the best Joe Cole everyday of the week, to be perfectly honest.

Don't take me wrong, I like Cole, but Hazard is a game-changer, he's not just someone who can win you a game, or even a season, but he does it with an element of magic, he won't just give you a trophy to remember, but an experience with it. Players like him are rare, maybe five or so every ten years. We are very, very lucky to have him.

Cole, at best, was a solid midfielder. A great guy, but when it comes to football, he had been stuck in the very-talented all his career and never reached the world-class-player stage. 

Much as I like Joe Cole (and he always comes across as a very likeable bloke), I agree completely with this.

I'd add I think overall hazard is having an excellent season and should be a contender for player of the year if the second half performances continue to stay at a high level. I would add that if we compare him to when we last won the title the team as a unit is relying on him a lot less to decide games and win us points on his own. which is probably a good thing ultimately.

he can play games where simply making smart decisions over and over with his passing is enough for us to end up winning without the need for him to take the ball off the back four and beat 3 men.  

"Fun is my fuel, nothing else. I am one of the lucky ones doing a job that I love. Many people would be happy to be in a footballer's shoes. That's why I enjoy every day."

-Eden Hazard

Can't really see Eden wanting to move onto Real with quotes like this. If its enjoyment he wants i doubt he'd get it at Madrid with the high pressure. The more time goes on i can see him staying with Chelsea into his late 20's/early 30's and then moving back to France to end his career.

Give Cesc a game in the midfield in place of Matic, we may just see Hazard get some services in the more advanced area and show off his skills. The current group of attackers all like balls at feet, they aren't going to do much without the ball. Costa is not Drogba, he isn't going to hold up the ball against 2 defenders and bring others into play consistently.

Just now, brakeit said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah it`s always someone else guilty, always ..... Hazard is a shadow of himself in last 4-5 matches. Not scored a goal from a play for how long now ?

Rightfully taken off.

Willian and Costa were just as bad if not worse. I have criticised his performances of late, but if Hazard had actually got some help today, he would have had a better game. If he was still on the field when Fabregas and Pedro came on, i bet you would have seen a quick change in the performance. 

Hazard at times was running at people and finding gaps, but he's not super human, he can't run past 6 players every single time, he needs some help.