Ivanovic to Monaco?

Tarantino

Guest RFC_CFC

At 29 years of age £25 million is a great offer but we are not blessed with CB's sadly and Ivan is one of our best.

On a side note Monaco have already spend 60 odd million while saying the deal for Falcao for 55 million is a forgone conclusion while insisting they are looking for 5 or 6 similar type signings.

Busy summer ahead

Ivan is a beast and I'd love him to stay but in all honesty he's won everything with us and might want to go and look for new challenges. I'm sure if they double his salary and we get a £25mill offer for him he is out before we can say Ivan.

As ^ said, he's won everything with us (well, except the League Cup) and for £25m..? I'd love for him to stay but if he wants to go then I won't begrudge him a whooping pay day.

NO! No, not my Ivan! To quote Lewy, "he's hench" - and since Googling to find out what "hench" meant I agree with the description! :biggrin:

I hear all that you guys are saying about the logic and common sense for both Chelsea and Ivan of taking £25 million and the big fella moving to pastures new having done so much here but I don't want him to go. I hope the Mail is right insofar that Jose will take over and will keep Brana at the Bridge.

Also have to question how long term Jose's commitment will be to the club if he would rather sell Luiz, one of the small few (along with Oscar, Hazard and Mata for me) who should be unsellable unless we receive an insane price for them, than Brana. That sort of sale would be more aimed at short term glory.

The idea of selling Luiz hurts my brain(although that is not what you were implying). Ivan's got everything he ever dreamt of with us so I see him wanting out if a good opportunity opens. Monaco with big salary sounds exactly like that. I don't think he is lookin a way out but he is the most likely player to go.

Such a deal would make sense for most clubs, but we are not most clubs.

As a few have said here Brana has won the lot, every single major trophy he would care to win. Now going to live in beautiful City like Monaco, a less physical league for his latter years and a big boost to his salary, why would that not be interesting? Likewise when you have Cahill and Luiz, who are very good players who are still improving, and could get 25mill for your near 30 year old CB that you could invest in someone younger why would you not consider it?

Again if Jose picks selling Luiz over Brana it is short term focus setting in.

Would rather keep Ivan, but the club might take it if they offer that much. We'd need to sign 2 CBs then, because Luiz needs to move to DM and then we'd only have Terry and Cahill.

Archived