Wesley Sneijder

Would have loved him some five years ago. There were rumors a few years back, as there always are with us, but we never got him. He's turning 29 soon, but for some reason it feels like he's turning 39. Five years ago, yes, now no...

Odd one if true. Where would he play?

Before he had his contract dispute with Inter and was frozen out of the first team he was regarded as one of the best play makers in Europe.

Maybe viewed as an alternative to Schurrle? 

Don't really see why people are saying it is soooo ridiculous.

He worships Mourinho and has said many times how he believes he is the greatest coach on the planet- if Mourinho came calling I don't see him turning down the move and I am sure we could table a bid that would obtain his services without much of a problem.

The only question is do we need him and how he would fit in but I don't think it's completely ridiculous to suggest Jose could want him to strengthen the squad. Granted we have players to bring back from loan such as KDB which might be more sensible but it's probably not the craziest transfer rumour I will hear this summer....

Don't really see why people are saying it is soooo ridiculous.

He worships Mourinho and has said many times how he believes he is the greatest coach on the planet- if Mourinho came calling I don't see him turning down the move and I am sure we could table a bid that would obtain his services without much of a problem.

The only question is do we need him and how he would fit in but I don't think it's completely ridiculous to suggest Jose could want him to strengthen the squad. Granted we have players to bring back from loan such as KDB which might be more sensible but it's probably not the craziest transfer rumour I will hear this summer....

where on earth would he play? ahead of mata? he can f**k right off

people moan how we have too many nr 10s in the team yet they wouldnt say no to sneijder. not to mention his high wage

Edited by Lane

where on earth would he play? ahead of mata? he can f**k right off

people moan how we have too many nr 10s in the team yet they wouldnt say no to sneijder. not to mention his high wage

Didn't actually say I wanted him.

I would presume he would be signed as a squad player not to be played ahead of Mata.

As good as our attacking trio is when Mata isn't in the team we have struggled for creativity.

That combined with the amount of games the three amigos were forced to play last season it could be considered a signing to add depth and provide quality cover in that area.

No thanks.

Has been on a steady decline since 2011 (doing well in a tinpot league like Turkey doesn't prove you're not declining) and shunting Mata out wide to accomodate an inferior player is just silly stuff - or even worse if he plays deeper at the 2.

It won't happen, though, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Edited by BaneIvanovic

hope not, last thing we need is another drama queen who has a sh*t fit when they don't get to play in their preferred position. and who would he put out of the squad (assuming he wants to play no 10)?

he's 29 in june and I think we could be doing a lot better than this disruptive little pest. people championing KDB coming back.. it aint happening, isn't he going to lever on loan as part of the schurrle deal?

He's never going to displace Mata and Oscar should be the one filling in at #10 when he is being rested, so unless we're going to pay a large fee and massive wages for a third choice #10 I don't see the point.