New striker

Benj82

Considering we've probably just lost out on Rooney, and mourinhio coming and saying hes not looking for another striker...is it just me or is anyone else concerned that we've havent got an all out world class striker.it looks like Torres is staying,and although we've got shrulle, when you see the likes of man city splashing out,don't we need to spend big to keep up. Shoot me down in flames here guys!!

But here's a genuine thought, no jokes.

Most of us seem to want a new striker, but at the same time wanting Lukaku to develop and shine. So what about Gameiro from PSG?

He's only 26 years old and he's goalscoring record seems pretty impressive considering that he's name probably hasn't popped up on any rumour list.

He scored 24 goals in all competitions during the 2010/11 season and in his first season at PSG he scored 14.

He was unfortunately overshadowed by a certain swedish bikethiefs nose last season and he's playing time was limited. However he still managed to score 8 goals in 7 starts. With PSG signing Cavani he's playing time looks to even more limited for the upcoming season so he'd probably wouldn't mind a way out.

Just think about it. He has a proven goalscoring record yet he wouldn't cost pretty much nothing at all considering the alternatives and with him Lukaku would still be able to develop as he wouldn't be overshadowed as would prolly be the case if we had signed the likes of Falcao or Cavani.

I know there's been no movement in that direction at all and this is all just my thoughts but what would you think about this?

Not good enough for Chelsea. What would he offer above Ba, let alone Lukaku?

He'd be a passenger at the club.

Mourinho's confirmed that we're going to be playing 4-2-3-1. Three strikers competing for 1 position is more than enough. The only exception would be for a striker of proven top-class quality.

But here's a genuine thought, no jokes.

Most of us seem to want a new striker, but at the same time wanting Lukaku to develop and shine. So what about Gameiro from PSG?

He's only 26 years old and he's goalscoring record seems pretty impressive considering that he's name probably hasn't popped up on any rumour list.

He scored 24 goals in all competitions during the 2010/11 season and in his first season at PSG he scored 14.

He was unfortunately overshadowed by a certain swedish bikethiefs nose last season and he's playing time was limited. However he still managed to score 8 goals in 7 starts. With PSG signing Cavani he's playing time looks to even more limited for the upcoming season so he'd probably wouldn't mind a way out.

Just think about it. He has a proven goalscoring record yet he wouldn't cost pretty much nothing at all considering the alternatives and with him Lukaku would still be able to develop as he wouldn't be overshadowed as would prolly be the case if we had signed the likes of Falcao or Cavani.

I know there's been no movement in that direction at all and this is all just my thoughts but what would you think about this?

I'd rather we got the Swedish bike thief and his nose.

Gento, and Torres is Chelsea class right? Don't be biased based on name, transfer fee and probably on something else.

Ba had a rocky second half of the season here, if you look at the fact that he was coming to a new club and didn't have enough run of games, yet he made more attempt than You-shall-not-bench-him. He had a better 2nd half of the season that the other bloke, when he came from L'pool scoring like 6 goals.

I know it's not upto scratch, but he was doing pretty well in Newcastle just before the switch, yes 15 PL goals.

Even if we sign a new striker, Torres should be the number one name on our going transfer list IMO. It isn't working for him here and doesn't look like it may, maybe Jose could perform the magic, but 4 different managers couldn't.

With Man City built already....With Man Utd Spuds  and Arsenal with people in mind  ( alledgedly).....Wheres our signing coming from....OR DO WE ACTUALLY NEED ANYONE ELSE AT ALL....We played a lot of sh*t last year but still ended top 4....Could Torres Ba etc just re ignite into a force to be reckoned with ?

Gento, and Torres is Chelsea class right? Don't be biased based on name, transfer fee and probably on something else.

Ba had a rocky second half of the season here, if you look at the fact that he was coming to a new club and didn't have enough run of games, yet he made more attempt than You-shall-not-bench-him. He had a better 2nd half of the season that the other bloke, when he came from L'pool scoring like 6 goals.

I know it's not upto scratch, but he was doing pretty well in Newcastle just before the switch, yes 15 PL goals.

Even if we sign a new striker, Torres should be the number one name on our going transfer list IMO. It isn't working for him here and doesn't look like it may, maybe Jose could perform the magic, but 4 different managers couldn't.

In what universe did Ba have a better second half of the season then Torres? I'm sorry this just confuses me.

This, this, this, and THIS!!

Archived