Half and half scarves

Boyne
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

This subject may have already been covered so apologies for repeating.

Over the last few years at Stamford Bridge scarves with Chelsea and the name of the team we are playing have been sold. You also notice it at other grounds with the names of the home and away teams on scarves. In no way would I wear a scarf with Chelsea and another team on it especially teams like Arsenal, West Ham, Man. Utd, Spurs. I think it's just a merchandising con. Can't see why anyone would want to display our colours alongside those of another team. Any views? It would be interesting to know where half and half scarves were first sold.

I think they're atrocious, however I suppose if I went to a game abroad as a tourist in Italy or Greece or something then perhaps i'd be interested in one as a souvenir.

(just to hang up in my room though, never to wear and look like a total mug).

Edited by Jonty

A certain stall holder outside SB makes a killing selling half & half scarfs, he said even though he hates it kids/women & especially tourists love them, he sold out v Napoli & had to get some more sent over.

Last season i saw a fella in a suit wearing a Chelsea/Spurs scarf, utter mug.

Saying that how many of us wore half & half Chelsea/Rangers/Hearts ski hats in the 80s i bet most lads incl me at the time had never seen Rangers or Hearts play.

Edited by Carshalton Blue

A certain stall holder outside SB makes a killing selling half & half scarfs, he said even though he hates it kids/women & especially tourists love them, he sold out v Napoli & had to get some more sent over.

Last season i saw a fella in a suit wearing a Chelsea/Spurs scarf, utter mug.

If the chap is making money fair play to him. The scarfs themselves are cringe worthy

• 1 month later...

I think they're great for kids going to their first game, gives them something to remember.

Yeah, my wife and I took a Holiday to London from the U.S. last year and we were able to catch our win vs. West Ham. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up and half and half scarf to commemorate our first CFC match. Though we'd like to move to London, I doubt we'll get to anytime soon. So, I'm sure we won't be seeing too many matches there at the bridge. And our study could really use that Chelsea v West Ham scarf to remind us of that Lampard 200th goal! So, if anyone has one they no longer want from that match, let me know.

I bought a half Chelsea half TSV 1860 Munich scarf off a German lad on the Fulham Road in the early/mid 90's. I thought it was pretty novel as we'd not played them since the 60's and most English fans hadn't even heard of them. Today's versions are just tourist souvenirs and Stamford Bridge is certainly the most touristy ground in London today. I assume most visitors to the capital head to Leicester Square and choose to buy tickets for either Les Miserables, Cats or Chelsea v someone.

• 3 months later...

Hello my blue friends!

In 2012, on 10th March to be precise, I attended a game on Stamford Bridge with my country's Official Chelsea supporters club for the very first time, when Chelsea hosted Stoke City. 

It was an amazing experience, especially after traveling 800 miles from home to London and than back! 
Unfortunately, the memorabilia scarves, as in "half-half" scarves (like the one on the picture below) have already been sold out, before we reached the stadium.  

So I am asking you, if there is anybody here, who might have one of these scarves in possession and is willing to sold it to me? It would really mean a world to me, since this was my first experience supporting Chelsea FC live! I do not get many chances to do that, so that is why this scarf means that much to me.

Thanks to anybody who will help!

P.S.: I'm sorry for my bad English grammar :)

chelsea-match-day-scarf.jpg

Edited by CFC_SLO

I think they're great for kids going to their first game, gives them something to remember.

Disagree with that. Why would you need a scarf with the other club's name on?

As far as memento's go, the obvious one is the Match Day Programme. Apart from the memories which I'll carry with me till my dying day, this was my only "take-away" memory of my first match at the Bridge.

I can go back even further to the early to mid-sixties, going to Wembley to watch the schoolboys internationals. Only went to one or two of these per year so it was a massive deal, even more so because it was at Wembley. My souvenirs of the day included a Match Day Programme and an England rosette. Even at that age I'd have been aghast at the idea of a half and half England/Germany scarf or rosette, as I would in 1971, at a half and half Chelsea/Man City scarf.

These things have got nothing to do with supporting a club. They're designed purely and simply for tourists. Sorry but they're just wrong on every possible level.

I got one when I went to my first game, haven't got one since, and won't again. 

A nice little memento though, I still have it. It's nothing to do with supporting Chelsea, simply something for the specific match.

Plus it has the date on it, which was my birthday.

Edited by RichardCFC