Bony - goals ratio and at 25 improving ...

DawesRoad
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

In his last season at Vitesse he scored 31 goals in 30 league games, we were linked with the player before he signed for Swansea not surprising given our links with the team in question.

He has had a decent first season in the Premiership and has scored a brace against Man City and despite an injury where he missed 5 weeks of football has scored 20 plus goals in all competitions.

His goals to games ratio is right up there with the best, 105 in 203 and has the touch and presence of Didier Drogba at the same age.

I'd want to see more of him before jumping in to anything, particularly given the form of Michu and Benteke this season.

Also look at Demba Ba who had an excellent goals/game ratio at the barcodes and then what he's done here.

We were linked with him before the move to Swansea but I think he is a similar type of player to Lukaku.

He's done well this season but as Michu and Benteke have shown, doing it consistently is much hard. 

Spot on

It is a similar situation to when we brought in Ba

I'd want to see more of him before jumping in to anything, particularly given the form of Michu and Benteke this season.

Also look at Demba Ba who had an excellent goals/game ratio at the barcodes and then what he's done here.

He can't score goals if he isn't playing football.

Guest RFC_CFC

Reminds me of Benteke in his first season, best to see what the next one brings for Bony before we see how good he is.

I have seen a lot of Bony this season, i watched every game of Swansea in the Europa league. He would not be another Demba Ba, he has better balance and is much better on the ball. I don't think he is Chelsea quality though and i would only use him as a second striker.

Edited by Scott Harris

Guest RFC_CFC

I have seen a lot of Bony this season, i watched every game of Swansea in the Europa. He would not be another Demba Ba, he has better balance and is much better on the ball. I don't think he is Chelsea quality though and i would only use him as a second striker.

I'd go with that.

He looks a better, more powerful striker than Ba but again is not quite there to lead our line.

Lukaku is younger and has many of the strengths this boy has.

Spot on

It is a similar situation to when we brought in Ba

Just what I was gonna say Ba looked pretty tasty for a time and turned into a real donkey. (sorry but it's true)

And his partner Cisse looked class for a while now he can't buy a goal.

No thanks

I think its unfair to say Ba turned into a donkey. He was never much use with the ball, and newcastle's style of play didn't need him to be, for them he was a finisher. The way we play needs good link up play from our striker, which Ba just doesn't have the ability for. I think he's been ok for us whenever he has played, when he's got a run of form going he's a good striker. I dont understand the hate for him

Hahhahaahahah. Reminder why I'm not on here much these days. Ba a donkey? He comes on for 10 minutes at the end of games, scored 2 in the last one. Scored goals against Citeh & United. Chelsea fans these days are so snobby. If it's not a superstar signing they're not good enough. Bony is a good player, seems like quite a beast and worth keeping an eye on.

Hahhahaahahah. Reminder why I'm not on here much these days. Ba a donkey? He comes on for 10 minutes at the end of games, scored 2 in the last one. Scored goals against Citeh & United. Chelsea fans these days are so snobby. If it's not a superstar signing they're not good enough. Bony is a good player, seems like quite a beast and worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah he's done so well that Jose never picks him and quite clearly doesn't think he is good enough, by his own admission recently of us having no strikers, but apparantley you know more about what is good enough than him.

I can't help but feel this is scraping the barrel.

Can't be arsed with these strikers anymore, I want to sign a good one even if it's for a big price just because I know it will be a good signing. He is a good goal scorer but he's also main man of the team, when he comes to Chelsea it's going to be completely different for him and I don't think it will be a success.

I can't help but feel this is scraping the barrel.

Can't be arsed with these strikers anymore, I want to sign a good one even if it's for a big price just because I know it will be a good signing. He is a good goal scorer but he's also main man of the team, when he comes to Chelsea it's going to be completely different for him and I don't think it will be a success.

When you say good one you mean like Torres for 50 mill?

Yeah he's done so well that Jose never picks him and quite clearly doesn't think he is good enough, by his own admission recently of us having no strikers, but apparantley you know more about what is good enough than him.

Jose didn't think Juan Mata was good enough, but he was our best player in 2012-13. Jose still thinks Torres is worthy of starting up front for us, even though he's horrible. He doesn't always make the best decisions.

I don't really know where the Lukaku comparrison comes from?

Bony's ball controll is a lot better, he uses his body a lot better (actually uses his strength) and I also believe he is a better finisher.

Lukaku on the other hand has more speed and he has more potential I believe, but potential is always dangerous, who knows if he will completely forfill it.

Edited by CFCholland

I don't really know where the Lukaku comparrison comes from?

Bony's ball controll is a lot better, he uses his body a lot better (actually uses his strength) and I also believe he is a better finisher.

Lukaku on the other hand has more speed and he has more potential I believe, but potential is always dangerous, who knows if he will completely forfill it.

LET'S BUY BONY!!! But in all honesty, bony has more in common with drogba than lukaku.