Three Biggest Rivals

Floyd25

This topic has undoubtably been done before, in some way shape or form. But I was just wondering what teams people consider to be our three biggest rivals. A few years ago I would have definitely said Tottenham, and United, but my hatred for those teams has died down, because those teams have been pretty poor in recent times. My top three rivals would be:

1. Liverpool

2. Arsenal

3. Barcelona

Tottenham and United would come just behind Farcelona, then the likes of West Ham, Leeds, and QPR, and maybe Millwall for historical reasons. I can't even be bothered to include Fulham, they're too friendly, obviously disregarding that pitch invasion in 2005.

Most Chelsea fans:

1) Liverpool

2) Arsenal

3) QPR

Barcelona and Tottenham have stronger historical rivalries with us, but I included QPR at #3 because the contempt directed at them by Chelsea fans is as intense at that aimed at Liverpool - but they're too small time to be #1.  :Troll_Face:

West Ham and Man U would come next. Leeds and Milwall used to be strong rivals, but they've faded away into irrelevance since. Fulham generally isn't taken seriously as a rival, much to their chagrin. 

Tottenham would have to be in there, no matter how they were doing at any given time. So would Arsenal, even though the rivalry was never anywhere near as intense as it was with Tottenham.

QPha don't come into it because the "rivalry" is almost entirely from their side. And we haven't played Millwall anywhere near often enough to have developed a proper rivalry. Liverpool? f**k 'em. There was only a real rivalry during that spate of Champions League encounters. Now it's just a mutual contempt.

So that would be:

- Tottenham in first place

- Arsenal in second

- Leeds and West Ham equal third.

Even after all this time, the Chelsea v Leeds thing is still undeniably "there".

Hatred and rivalry are 2 different things for me.

Hatred = Liverpool, arsenal, Barcelona

Rivals = spuds, millwall, Leeds.

How anybody can put qpr or Fulham in this category is beyond me.

Just my opinion but I cannot stand Liverpool or arsenal fans. Both groups are as deluded as each other. Nothing against barca fans but I just can't stand the club.

I see what you're saying, rivalry and hatred can be categorised as two different things. I wouldn't include Fulham, QPR wouldn't come close to making it in to my top 3, though I don't like them at all.

Hatred and rivalry are 2 different things for me.

Hatred = Liverpool, arsenal, Barcelona

Rivals = spuds, millwall, Leeds.

How anybody can put qpr or Fulham in this category is beyond me.

Just my opinion but I cannot stand Liverpool or arsenal fans. Both groups are as deluded as each other. Nothing against barca fans but I just can't stand the club.

Always look forward to Spurs games, I would argue it's our biggest rivalry, we just hate each other.

Liverpool is pretty recent but the games do tend to be big occasions mainly because if our Champions League clashes a few years back.

Are we rivals with Arsenal? Hard to be rivals with a side that seem allergic to winning things.

This topic has undoubtably been done before, in some way shape or form. But I was just wondering what teams people consider to be our three biggest rivals. A few years ago I would have definitely said Tottenham, and United, but my hatred for those teams has died down, because those teams have been pretty poor in recent times. My top three rivals would be:

1. Liverpool

2. Arsenal

3. Barcelona

Tottenham and United would come just behind Farcelona, then the likes of West Ham, Leeds, and QPR, and maybe Millwall for historical reasons. I can't even be bothered to include Fulham, they're too friendly, obviously disregarding that pitch invasion in 2005.

Spot on for me

Spurs

Spammers

then take your pick from Arsenal, Man U, Leeds, Millwall, Liverpool.

Really, the Liverpool is very recent and was down to the CL games and the Jose v Rafa thing.  I think the main beef we should ever have with Liverpool is them trying to blame Chelsea for Heysel because there were "southern accents" heard in the crowd.

Yh, the Liverpool rivalry is fairly recent, there's a always a lot of animosity between us though, whenever we play eachother, maybe more animosity than there is when we play any other team now.

Spurs

Spammers

then take your pick from Arsenal, Man U, Leeds, Millwall, Liverpool.

Really, the Liverpool is very recent and was down to the CL games and the Jose v Rafa thing. I think the main beef we should ever have with Liverpool is them trying to blame Chelsea for Heysel because there were "southern accents" heard in the crowd.

1st Arsenal for me, internal hate, I always wish they lose every game even if we don't play them??!! I even watch their channel to enjoy when they lose LooL (I didn't know I hate them that much)

2nd for me comes Liverpool, I just can't stand this club neither their fans, they always say we don't have history???! and I think their are the ones who lack history they always want people to feel sorry for them, I hated them more after last year

(our last game againts them)

Last but not least 3rd how can I forget Barcelona!!! word 'Blood' comes to mind, our CL rivals, the history of champion league will always talk about us

It's very difficult to narrow this down to three opposition sides, but I'll have a go nevertheless:

1). Liverpool - Hate everything they stand for and they're a hypocritical club who think they're the biggest club going around in England and they constantly undermine our club even though they've done sh*t all for 25 years.

2). Manchester United - I know that they've declined but I still hate them and envy them for their success in the past twenty years. Ferguson was a big reason why I hat them along with them having heaps of bandwagon supporters who have no idea about football in general.

3). QPR - A scummy club who's had it in for us for years. Ever since 2012 the rivalry has escalated into something bigger again.

Special mentions go to Tottenham, Arsenal and Leeds for just missing out on the top three. When these three sides have been good sides on the field, my hate increases for these sides.

Granted, we don't play Barca as often as we play Liverpool for example, but we do tend to bump in to them every season, or every other season in the Champions League, and we've kind of developed a rivalry with them. They cannot take losing to us, and they lack any sort of class off the pitch whatsoever, they're basically Uefa’s boys, which rubs me up the wrong way, I also haven't forgotten that Lionel Messi once said that Barca hate us more than Real Madrid, why? Because we are capable of beating them? That's what I can't stand about them, they don't have a clue how to lose gracefully.

I can't really call Barca rivals as we play them so rarely, although they are definitely twats of the highest caliber.

Arsenal and Liverpool would be the top 2, after that probably Spuds or yanited.

Archived