Thibaut Courtois

Two seasons ago, I supported him becoming the #1 over Cech. Not in favor of jobs being handed out, but like 2004 w/ Cech, I thought it was the right time to let him take over as the future #1.

Since that season, and the world class backup behind him being allowed to leave, not only has he been subpar (in part to injury,) he's looked uninterested in capturing world class form and has disrespected the club and us supporters time and time again by not keeping his mouth shut.

We're a bit stuck on this one, as in the summer he'll only have 12 months to run on his contract, and doubt he'll sign a new one. But I'd let him leave ASAP and get someone in who actually wants to be here.

just sell him already, ship him off in january, don't care where - clearly doesnt want to be here and he has been awful so far against leicster. sold our greatest ever GK for him and for what. begovic has been far better overall and blackman has a lot of potential. we could get up to 35 million for him and reinvest it in players that have proper PASSION for the club, prefferably not belgian because theyve all been rubbish for us

21 minutes ago, marouane chamakh said:

just sell him already, ship him off in january, don't care where - clearly doesnt want to be here and he has been awful so far against leicster. sold our greatest ever GK for him and for what. begovic has been far better overall and blackman has a lot of potential. we could get up to 35 million for him and reinvest it in players that have proper PASSION for the club, prefferably not belgian because theyve all been rubbish for us

this is what happens when you half watch a game whilst whinging on the internet like an entitled child.

The guy likes to talk, but without knowing the background\circumstances of the QA, I think it's a bit harsh to have a go at him

He's a good GK, not top class based on the past 12 months. I'd take DeGea and Loris over him ( no brainers), but not Cech, claudio or Minglet. He doesn't make those outstanding saves enough, which we expect from a top class GK once in a game or 2.

10 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

He's a good GK, not top class based on the past 12 months. I'd take DeGea and Loris over him ( no brainers), but not Cech, claudio or Minglet. He doesn't make those outstanding saves enough, which we expect from a top class GK once in a game or 2.

At this moment in time I'd bite your hand off for Petr back.

On 9/21/2016 at 00:35, Jonty said:

I'm assuming that what he really meant was somehow lost in translation, and that he isn't really saying he's thinking about leaving in 3 years (what an absurd thing to say anyway), but if he did want to go and we got a good enough offer I wouldn't really be distraught.

You would think people would have learned by now considering the amount of times he's been misquoted in the media.

2 season before he was very good for us, same as Matic, Ivanovic, Cahill, that season was fantastic for everyone, but after that season we failed to keep the form of that team, and now we have to revive that form. I think Courtois is a good goalkeeper and he is not overrated, at the moment he is not a world class, but he can be. 

20 minutes ago, didierforever said:

If we are to sell him to ATM, surely we can press for Oblak. At this moment, I would say Oblak looks the better GK.

A swap deal is the only realistic option but even then why would the other team want to do that if their current keeper is in decent form. The keepers that are available to outright get aren't on Tbo's level and god forbid we are stuck with Begovic as out number 1.

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

A swap deal is the only realistic option but even then why would the other team want to do that if their current keeper is in decent form. The keepers that are available to outright get aren't on Tbo's level and god forbid we are stuck with Begovic as out number 1.

I totally agree. But what are the options if our player is more interested in thinking 3 years down the line rather than looking at his performances and improving his games.

15 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

To people honestly believe we can do better or even a good as replacement for Courtois?

Yes, it shouldn't be too hard to find a keeper that can make saves on a regular basis and isn't as prone at making mistakes like Courtois is. There are a load of them in the Premier League. 

I'm not saying we should sell Courtois though, i want to see this goalkeeper that so many rated so highly in Spain, a goalkeeper that many were labelling as the best on the planet and future legend of the game.

Atheltico Madrid loves Courtois and Courtois also love the team so they might foolishly accept a swap deal thinking Courtois is younger and can get to Oblak level.

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yes, it shouldn't be too hard to find a keeper that can make saves on a regular basis and isn't as prone at making mistakes like Courtois is. There are a load of them in the Premier League. 

I'm not saying we should sell Courtois though, i want to see this goalkeeper that so many rated so highly in Spain, a goalkeeper that many were labelling as the best on the planet and future legend of the game.

You did see him, the year we won the league.