Thibaut Courtois

Krc-fan
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant in Spain, and to be fair brilliant in his first season at Chelsea. But since then he's been average, or even below average... He does pull some cracking saves out the bag on occasion but again all comes down to consistency and thibaut doesn't seem to have that.

when you watch him it's asif he's just happy taking his wage rather than playing for the shirt. Which is a shame, he's young and has serious potential, I hope we can get him to the level he should be.

3 hours ago, charierre said:

maybe we have two overated goalkeepers?

well, yeah, maybe. that could be the case.

it seems to me though, that after a poor result the unpopular players have another 5 pages to their threads full of anger, regardless of how they played (or even IF they played).

Arrogant, poisonous and no doubt one of the players who went against Jose.

We sold a club legend to accommodate him, we got rid of one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the world because he didn't like him and we even allowed him to play against us in the Champions League semi final despite being OUR player. The writing should have been on the wall then when we let that happen...

He is modern football personified. The hilarious thing is he's no better than Keylor Navas and he's definietly not better than Jan Oblak so his dream of possibly moving to Real Madrid or Atletico won't be happening anytime soon unless Atleti are happy with a swap deal which I'd be very happy with.

Prick of the highest order and I hope we get rid of him, sorry everyone.

8 hours ago, g3.7 said:

well, yeah, maybe. that could be the case.

it seems to me though, that after a poor result the unpopular players have another 5 pages to their threads full of anger, regardless of how they played (or even IF they played).

Are you not the one who brought Begovic into the equation?

I personally feel no player should be above criticism, this should be without abuse. Tibo is always going to be under scrutiny having replaced a club legend,coupled with being in a position were mistakes are usually very costly. I do though feel his has dropped a level as listed earlier, a list that missed out what I see as his worst habit... he has a tendency to push a ball out into the danger area when making a save,a bit like a volleyball player.

14 minutes ago, charierre said:

I personally feel no player should be above criticism, this should be without abuse. Tibo is always going to be under scrutiny having replaced a club legend,coupled with being in a position were mistakes are usually very costly. I do though feel his has dropped a level as listed earlier, a list that missed out what I see as his worst habit... he has a tendency to push a ball out into the danger area when making a save,a bit like a volleyball player.

I think his worst habit is opening his mouth to the press every few weeks

On 9/24/2016 at 20:55, havelschayes said:

he got wilmots sacked in his national team, he got one of the best gk coach around in christoph lollichon who help cech became a world class keeper sacked because according to him his training method is ancient , he was probably one of the "rats" who got jose sacked last season, the club has granted all his request to accomodate him and now he keeps yapping about going back to spain forcing his agent to do damage control with "misinterpertation" bullsh*t of an excuse TWICE, and after today's game it's obvious that his head is set on somewhere else

i'm sorry but i can't defend him anymore, he's simply a poisonous primadonna twat

Wilmots failed massively with the group of players he had in that national team and would have been sacked regardless, not sure how you've managed to twist that one into purely Tbo's fault.

Every single person has their favourites and won't get on with everyone. When a new manager comes in and replaces the current back room staff with his own people do you moan? Just because Lollichon did well with Cech, doesn't mean he'll make every keeper world class. You have to adapt your methods, something he doesn't seem to have done.

As far as the 'rats' go, i would hope the entire team were rats to get Jose out at the end with how poisonous Mourinho has become. You can see with Utd he isn't the manager he once was.  

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Every single person has their favourites and won't get on with everyone. When a new manager comes in and replaces the current back room staff with his own people do you moan? Just because Lollichon did well with Cech, doesn't mean he'll make every keeper world class. You have to adapt your methods, something he doesn't seem to have done.

lol because it's conte who's being a prick and wanted to replace a renowned world class gk coach with his own.

you're missing the point, the way he acts recently makes me hard to believe if indeed lolichon's training method simply didn't suit him or he's just being a grade a brat, anyways you seriously cannot see that he's a spoiled arrogant twat who thinks he's too good for the club with all the moaning in the media about going back to spain complementing the abysmal performance on the pitch when we all know that he's miles better than that, it's like he doesn't even put in an effort. ironic since you can see the same type of arrogance in mourinho

8 hours ago, charierre said:

Yeah- I'm just saying whilst obviously it could simply be the case that we have two overrated keepers, I'm sceptical of that being the case. 

I think Jose was the root cause of this problem when he brought Courtois from Athletico and without allowing him to himself he automatically made Courtois the first choice. I think that's where Courtois started developing wings thinking he will walk into the starting line up of any team in the world simply based on his past performance with Athletic Madrid.

On 11/09/2016 at 18:42, JT_<3 said:
2 hours ago, wallosh said:

I think Jose was the root cause of this problem when he brought Courtois from Athletico and without allowing him to himself he automatically made Courtois the first choice. I think that's where Courtois started developing wings thinking he will walk into the starting line up of any team in the world simply based on his past performance with Athletic Madrid.

He did the exact same thing when he made cech first choice over cuducini, that went well.

3 hours ago, Coxy15 said:

I think Tibo is a better keeper than Varane...

yeah but we need some defenders and we could get a good goalkeeper for under 30 million probably anyway (as the prices for goalkeepers aren't that high usually). Varane isn't playing and he is a good defender and young and fast. We could take a look at Mattia Perin from Genoa or maybe Handanovic to replace Courtois. Almost every decent goalkeeper is better then a Courtois who is daydreaming of Spain.

Edited by dc19

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Did he not make Cech first choice due to Cudicini being injured at the time rather than out right replace him? It was a bloody long time ago so i might be wrong, but that's what i thought.

My memory of it is he named Cech as first choice during preseason, though my memory aint what it used to be...

On 27/09/2016 at 14:22, dkw said:

My memory of it is he named Cech as first choice during preseason, though my memory aint what it used to be...

A quick google reveals that Carlo had a pre-season injury and Cech basically claimed the first choice spot from there on.

Despite displacing Petr Cech as the Chelsea No 1 to be a mainstay in the Blues' title win less than 18 months ago, Thibaut Courtois has become statistically the worst goalkeeper in the Premier League.

The 24-year-old has a save percentage of 47.1 so far this season, meaning he is letting more opposition shots on target hit the back of his net than not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3815536/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-worst-Premier-League-save-percentage-Claudio-Bravo-Hugo-Lloris-best.html

I think with cech aging and the way Tibo played in Spain it wasn't st the time a poor decision although it seems that way now, but he is very young in goalkeeper terms and having a gk coach he didn't like and the worse Chelsea defence in 20 years infront of him isn't going to flatter him, his decision making particularly  coming out to meet the ball needs work, but he has the ability of a top 3 goal keeper, he will come good.