Chelsea vs Watford (FA Cup) 04/01/15 KO: 16:00 GMT

Huttsey

Let's pretend yesterday never happened...

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Sunday. I expect to see Cech and Zouma start but I'm not sure who else will come in. This is what I'd like to see us try:

Cech

Dave

Zouma

Terry

Luis

Mikel

Ake

Salah

Hazard

Schurrle

Remy

It might be possible to see a couple of youth players on the bench too. Maybe two of Christensen, Loftus-Cheek or Baker would be nice.

Oh right... We have this game before Newcastle at home.

Still dazed from last night...

Cahill, Ivan, and Willian all need dropping. They ought to be nowhere near the starting XI for at least a month, their performance last night was disgraceful.

Let's pretend yesterday never happened...It'll be interesting to see who plays on Sunday. I expect to see Cech and Zouma start but I'm not sure who else will come in. This is what I'd like to see us try:CechDaveZoumaTerryLuisMikelAkeSalahHazardSchurrleRemyIt might be possible to see a couple of youth players on the bench too. Maybe two of Christensen, Loftus-Cheek or Baker would be nice.

Good line up, but would probably replace mikel with ramires to give him game time. I would like to see boga on the bench, and maybe given a run in the side against a cup team.

Let's pretend yesterday never happened...

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Sunday. I expect to see Cech and Zouma start but I'm not sure who else will come in. This is what I'd like to see us try:

Cech

Dave

Zouma

Terry

Luis

Mikel

Ake

Salah

Hazard

Schurrle

Remy

It might be possible to see a couple of youth players on the bench too. Maybe two of Christensen, Loftus-Cheek or Baker would be nice.

I'd love to see this but maybe Baker/Boga in for Salah & Loftus-Cheek for Mikel but unfortunately I don't think either of our teams will make it, at a push I think it'll be

Cech

Ivan

Terry

Zouma

Luis

Mikel

Fabregas

Oscar

Hazard

Schurrle

Drogba

I wanna see this.

Cech

Dave Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Fab

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Remy

Don't want to see any of the 'shut up shop' at 60 mins bollocks. We need to hit back with a vengeance and carry that on through to Newcastle and the rest of them!!

UP THE CHELS

I wanna see this.

Cech

Dave Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Fab

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Remy

Don't want to see any of the 'shut up shop' at 60 mins bollocks. We need to hit back with a vengeance and carry that on through to Newcastle and the rest of them!!

UP THE CHELS

Couldn't agree more about this.

I'd like to see

Cech

Dave Zouma Terry Luis

Fabregas Ramires

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Remy

Wouldn't mind if Hazard is given a deserved rest, though; he's certainly earned it.

Hopefully the likes of Oscar and Schurrle can have good games to get their confidence up. Should be a comfortable win. However, they're not a bad side, so obviously no room for complacency. 

Hopefully Remy plays, he deserves a lot more minutes than he's had and in my opinion he's stepped up when needed. This is a big chance for Schurrle as well, Willian is playing so poorly that if he steps up he can nail a first place position.

If we'd have got a result yesterday we'd have seen a few of the senior players rested, I reckon, but we now have to bounce back.

This game is going to go either of two ways - a nervous 1-0/2-1, or end up a comfortable 3-0. Personally I can only see the former occurring, because we're Chelsea and doing things the hard way is our thing.

Either way we need to play a strong team. Watford are no pushovers, they've won four of the last five (including a 4-2 win at Cardiff last time out), and those wins were all against teams that played in the Premier League in the last two seasons (Reading, Fulham, Wigan and Cardiff); their only lose to Wolves who are in decent nick themselves. 

I'd like to see us going with a back four of Luis, JT, Ivan and Azpilicueta. Not because I don't think Zouma is up to it but because Cahill is struggling a bit just now and it would be worth plugging Ivan back in at centre half to get some playing time there again. I don't see Jose opting for Zouma in the league regularly so Time for Ivan in the centre might be necessary.

I'd like to see us going with a back four of Luis, JT, Ivan and Azpilicueta. Not because I don't think Zouma is up to it but because Cahill is struggling a bit just now and it would be worth plugging Ivan back in at centre half to get some playing time there again. I don't see Jose opting for Zouma in the league regularly so Time for Ivan in the centre might be necessary.

That's a reasonable point about playing Ivanovic at centre half. If he was going to do that, I think he'd be as well giving Terry a rest and playing Zouma alongside him. 

That's a reasonable point about playing Ivanovic at centre half. If he was going to do that, I think he'd be as well giving Terry a rest and playing Zouma alongside him.

I can see the temptation to rest JT but I wouldn't for two reasons.

1. If the Ivanin the middle option is one Jose opts for I would want him playing alongside the person who would be his regular partner in future league games.

2. We just took a bit of a humiliating pumping. I want our captain out here in the next game to rally the troops.

No Cahill for this game, No Cahill for next game either, Zouma comes on now and has to impress.

His performance was shameful, he wont be getting into the side until he knows. We have to drop some of our players. Ivanovic was shocking but maybe I can get away with that although I would prefer to play Azpi there from now on until some of our players sort themselves out.

This was coming to be fair, Cahill was getting worse and worse I was just waiting for the day he was going to really screw a game up for us.

Zouma has played regularly next to Terry and has looked comfortable. JT is a true leader and will always talk an inexperienced defender through the game and give him advice throughout. Can you imagine Ivanovic, a guy who has barely played at centre-back since 2008, being able to do that? If Zouma plays he needs an experienced centre-back by his side - but after Cahill's horror-show the only one qualified to do so is Terry. One can argue "it's only Watford" but they're not exactly goal-shy; they'll attack us for sure. 

1. If the Ivanin the middle option is one Jose opts for I would want him playing alongside the person who would be his regular partner in future league games.

2. We just took a bit of a humiliating pumping. I want our captain out here in the next game to rally the troops.

If were resting players and bringing squad/young players then JT needs to play to control it. Especially if its zouma coming in.

Mourinho on team news:

Obviously we are going to rest a couple of players, that's normal. We want to try to beat Watford but, at the same time, we have to analyse the players' condition and make the right decision for them, and give a chance to other people to play. I have players from the first-team and players that we need to have in condition to play.

Hopefully Ramires is getting there step by step. He played 45 minutes (during the New Year’s Day defeat at Tottenham). He's a player we need and he's a player we haven't had for the first part of the season. When we had him he was not really ready and finally he looks like he's almost getting there.

Courtois has a problem in one of his fingers, let's see what happens. I don’t know if is broken.

Full interview

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9629072/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-will-give-some-of-their-key-players-a-rest-this-weekend?utm_source=dlvr.it

True, I probably would start JT with Zouma. My only concern is Terry playing too many games (I don't see a single game this month other than this one where we could afford to rest him) and possibly picking up an injury. Needless to say, we'd be in big trouble without him. 

True, I probably would start JT with Zouma. My only concern is Terry playing too many games (I don't see a single game this month other than this one where we could afford to rest him) and possibly picking up an injury. Needless to say, we'd be in big trouble without him.

I'm not convinced he needs resting at least not in the next fortnight as there is plenty of days between games. Second half of the month is different but I don't think resting him on Sunday would make any difference. JT never really strikes me as a player who needs much resting. I think it is less necessary for defenders than the more creative players.

if mou's not gonna play remy on this one, idk something really is going on between those two lol

and we really need to rest hazard, he has been playing almost every game and everytime teams trying to injure him, i know his durability is crazy but there's limit a body can take 

cech

dave-zouma-terry-luis

mikel-matic

schurrle-oscar-salah

remy

sub : costa willan cesc ivan cahill drogs ramires

Archived