Chelsea in for Falcao?

Lets be real for a moment. Does he really? I mean if he wasnt our player would you even entertain the possibility og signing him to be our 3rd striker?

Young, english and championship player of the year a back up, Remy would be the second choice and he hasn't done much wrong when given the chance, Bamford will not be playing every game and Falcao I'm sure would want to be the no.1 which is just not going to happen and makes no sense financially.

Something you have to remember is that Man Utd are sh*te, I wouldn't have any of their strikers based on last season...

Yeah his finishing was awful last season but he made a lot of chances for himself with movement and it only takes a couple of tap-ins to get the confidence up.

People saying they'd rather have Bamford lol, the Falcao who destroyed us 3 seasons ago is about 20 times better than Bamford now.

In Jose we trust

Think those expecting Remy to be 2nd choice and Falcao 3rd are going to be disappointed if this happens

This is another fear - added to the fact we may possibly sign Torres the 2nd - Remy may be sold to recoup some of the Falcoa fee, and vacate the no.2 striker slot.

If that happens then Falcao is second striker freeing up the 3rd choice for a youngster.

My optimism over a (potential) new signing remains though. I reckon that under Jose we will get more out of him than what Utd did.

I think monaco are in difficult position, I could actually see them selling for under 20m just to get him off the books. We had to give away torres and Sheva, if they can't afford to pay him this season, they won't have much choice but to take a significant loss, as his value will only depreciate from here.

Then it comes down to wages, and this is the first time falcao hasn't had any 3rd party involvement in a transfer, he also has a pretty empty trophy cabinet, and after that injury, he is probably willing to take a massive cut to achieve some success.

I think he could signed for around 17m fee, and 100k wages. I think the club must think this too because there is no way anyone will pay big money and big wages for a 30 year old striker, out of form, and coming off the back of a serious injury. Monaco know this, falcao knows this, and we know this.

Edited by big blue

Something you have to remember is that Man Utd are sh*te, I wouldn't have any of their strikers based on last season...

Yeah his finishing was awful last season but he made a lot of chances for himself with movement and it only takes a couple of tap-ins to get the confidence up.

People saying they'd rather have Bamford lol, the Falcao who destroyed us 3 seasons ago is about 20 times better than Bamford now.

In Jose we trust

The idea that Falcao was a shining light within a rubbish team is complete nonsense. Whilst we were not at our best this season, Falcao was no better than anyone else and I’d put him firmly in our lower tier of players’ performances.

When he was playing, it was like having ten men on the pitch. He does almost nothing off the ball and was making very few runs. Despite his lack of pace and movement, Mata, Herrera, Young, et al created a lot of chances for him. He just did not take them, let alone create any of his own.

He is now a glorified poacher and, as great a guy as he is, he is just not the player he was a few years ago. To be brutally honest, I’d have rather had Hernandez than Falcao last year as he would definitely have finished more of his chances. 

Edited by Brixtac

Pro's

Company for Cuadrado

Eye candy

Con's

Solanke

Long term lack of form

Cost

If were going to gamble, then please gamble on youth.

You can't expect Solanke to feature in the first team as a 3rd choice striker and score crucial / important goals (something Remy did last season) being 18 years old. Why not get Falcao now (who is 30), on two or three seasons deal, slowly introduce Solanke and once he is 21 make him first team player. Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world when it comes to movement / positional awareness in the box, and irregardless whether he or he isn't finished physically, he can teach Solanke a thing or two. Falcao is also still big in South America, and we already have Cuadrado plus our contigent of Brazilian players, thus it will be very good commercial move. If you ask me, I'm in for it.

Edited by Tarantino

The idea that Falcao was a shining light within a rubbish team is complete nonsense. Whilst we were not at our best this season, Falcao was no better than anyone else and I’d put him firmly in our lower tier of players’ performances.

When he was playing, it was like having ten men on the pitch. He does almost nothing off the ball and was making very few runs. Despite his lack of pace and movement, Mata, Herrera, Young, et al created a lot of chances for him. He just did not take them, let alone create any of his own.

He is now a glorified poacher and, as great a guy as he is, he is just not the player he was a few years ago. To be brutally honest, I’d have rather had Hernandez than Falcao last year as he would definitely have finished more of his chances.

I didn't say he was a shining light, far from it, no one in your team was.

Van Gaal managed him very badly, he never got consistent starts and was dropped in and out of the complete squad many times, this guy was touted as one of the world's best just 2 years ago, even half of that would be better than Remy.

I just find it funny that some Chelsea fans would want Bamford, Solanke or Brown over someone like Falcao as potential backup to Costa and Remy, will see if they have the same opinion when we get dumped out of a domestic cup at the early stages due to having nothing up front.

Van Gaal managed him very badly, he never got consistent starts and was dropped in and out of the complete squad many times, this guy was touted as one of the world's best just 2 years ago, even half of that would be better than Remy.

I just find it funny that some Chelsea fans would want Bamford, Solanke or Brown over someone like Falcao as potential backup to Costa and Remy, will see if they have the same opinion when we get dumped out of a domestic cup at the early stages due to having nothing up front.

We have been hurt by the Shevchenko and Torres escapades and no-one wants it to happen AGAIN.

I dont even think him and LVG got on.  In fact I think i have said previously i dont even think he was LVG choice.  Between ourselves and Utd we play the style to suit him, Utd crossed and hoofed it up field a lot.  Despite him looking a different player at Utd, I'd suspect he will get a boatload of chances from Hazard and/or Fabregas

You can't expect Solanke to feature in the first team as a 3rd choice striker and score crucial / important goals

Why can't I ?

And you expect Falcao to score important goals, like he did at manyoo ?

That’s not really fair, considering we had the best keeper in the league this season and it’s hard to argue that Herrera, Smalling, Young and Carrick didn’t shine this year. Even Di Maria, who was supposedly a massive flop, got the second highest number of assists after Fabregas. That’s all away from the point anyway.

He was dropped in and out because when we did give him runs (like when RVP was injured or when we would play both of them with Rooney behind) he did nothing of any note. He really is a completely different footballer to the one you and I remember tearing you lot (and almost everyone else) apart. We created a lot of very very good chances for him, including one-on-ones, etc. but he was always too hesitant or not clinical enough to finish them. 

He has completely lost his pace, acceleration and gungo-ho attitude and instinct. Clearly the injury has had a massive impact on his confidence, which is very hard to recover. It is a shame because all United fans wanted him to return to his former self and the fact that LVG played him so much earlier in the season, and consistently) suggests that he also wanted Falcao to return to his best. An injury in the middle of the season did not help either. 

Whilst he will likely be an improvement on your academy players (I don’t know how good they are), I would have preferred to have given Falcao’s playing time to Wilson, who has a massive future ahead of him. I’d rather give the opportunity to the young player to step up rather than hoping an old, bumbling and not particularly clinical striker returns to previous form. So I understand what they are saying.  

Why can't I ?

Because he is not good enough? Imo Falcao with 30% of his skill is still better than 17 year Solanke. And don't get me wrong, Solanke one day may become the best striker in the world. But at the moment, he is still young.

And let's be fair, Mourinho will never trust youngster in competitive games. And rightfully so, because he is not ready yet.