Is it too early to be depressed that we won't sign a starter?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

No, not perfect at all. He is a disgusting player. Perfect for the likes of liverpool and barcelona 

sorry, but his footballing ability is incredible; best striker in europe right now. I would take him over any other forward in an instant. 

It's only recently when the stadium was paid off that they brought in big names like Ozil and Sanchez, they were not making those transfers before that...not even close to those kind of players.

so with the squad we have you don't think we can compete at the highest level for a few years until the stadium is built? I don't think roman would keep us as paupers in the transfer windows, but we have a group of top players of whom are still young. if people say this team isn't good enough to go 3 years without a trophy or compete at the top level, they need their heads testing. 

so with the squad we have you don't think we can compete at the highest level for a few years until the stadium is built? I don't think roman would keep us as paupers in the transfer windows, but we have a group of top players of whom are still young. if people say this team isn't good enough to go 3 years without a trophy or compete at the top level, they need their heads testing.

I dont. not with this squad.

2-1 down vs city away. need some width or some steel in midfield. bench options. mikel. ramires. moses. loftus cheek.

sorry. not for me. first XI yep we are up there. depth? no.

Edited by CFC_RFC_TID!

What i can't quite get my head around is,...... Above everything else Roman is a passionate fan like us us all, as well as the big cheese, he must of a spoke with Jose about the upcoming season and squad, and must have said what if Costa is Hamstrung for a large chunk of the season, and Falcao is a bigger flop than Michael jordan was at baseball, then we will struggle,  i'm sure we could of got in Reus or Griezman if we really wanted to, but all we have to go on, is Jose saying he is happy with last years Squad, plus a few minor tweaks??

What i can't quite get my head around is,...... Above everything else Roman is a passionate fan like us us all, as well as the big cheese, he must of a spoke with Jose about the upcoming season and squad, and must have said what if Costa is Hamstrung for a large chunk of the season, and Falcao is a bigger flop than Michael jordan was at baseball, then we will struggle, i'm sure we could of got in Reus or Griezman if we really wanted to, but all we have to go on, is Jose saying he is happy with last years Squad, plus a few minor tweaks??

Bit off topic Michael Jordan a flop at basketball is perhaps the worst analogy of all time seriously what was the thought process there

I

Bit off topic Michael Jordan a flop at basketball is perhaps the worst analogy of all time seriously what was the thought process there

Pal i suggest you google MJ playing Baseball, not bloody Basketball which he is the best ever imho, Doh doh Doh....

Edited by Ballack & Blu

What if Hazard gets injured and Oscar plays poorly again? Every team has what ifs. I think Roman is ready to find out if all that money on youth development will pay off. If we're in 4th or 5th come January there will be some cash splashed

We will not be 4th or 5th come january so don't worry about that. I did originally say that our squad is fine as it is and we do not need big changes and I still stand by that but from what I have seen in the last few weeks I will say that we need to make a signing only to freshen it up abit, who that maybe I don't know. Pedro would of been ideal.

I am starting to worry about our strikers though. All three of them tend to have injury problems.

What if Hazard gets injured and Oscar plays poorly again? Every team has what ifs. I think Roman is ready to find out if all that money on youth development will pay off. If we're in 4th or 5th come January there will be some cash splashed

that's part of what's worrying me - if we continue the way we've done through pre-season there will be panic buys in January and we've a terrible track record with those

at the end of last season Jose kept saying this summer was about keeping this team together, not making big changes - of course we can't tell if that was his genuine choice or whether the club has taken a stance on player purchases / youth team etc...

one way of looking at this season is to lower expectations; we did win the title last year, a season in which we did bring through some young players could be a real benefit for the future even if we don't end up with trophies this time round

i have a theory that you have to change something about how you attack every season - if you don't then everyone knows exactly how to set up against you. we don't appear to have done that this summer and i am worried that we are going to watch a lot of frustrating games. added to that we are about 3 injuries away from having a completely toothless side...

i have a theory that you have to change something about how you attack every season - if you don't then everyone knows exactly how to set up against you. we don't appear to have done that this summer and i am worried that we are going to watch a lot of frustrating games...

We need a goal-scoring winger to help out Hazard on the other flank. We're toothless without Costa and his dodgy hamstring. And Hazard for all his great qualities is not a great goalscorer in the Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar league.

Griezmann would be the perfect option but that just doesn't appear to be happening. Failing that, Pedro is available at a decent price or even Felipe Anderson although the latter might be too expensive.

It's obvious we're going to struggle to score without someone to complement Hazard on the right. Whoever thought Cuarado could do that job, should be handed their p45.

You never know, with Hazard and Griezmann on the wings they might even bring out the best in Falcao....

added to that we are about 3 injuries away from having a completely toothless side...

Not many teams if any could cope with losing their 3 best attacking players.  The breaking down of teams that park the bus is not just a problem for us either most teams struggle with it thats why its such an effect tactic.  We've used it ourselves a few times against the best attacking teams like Barca and they struggled to break us down.

I don't think its always a player issue most of the time I feel teams don't try to get around the back of the defence which is more of a tactical thing.  When ever we have cut in from the side into the box it usually cause these teams problems particularly if Hazards doing the cutting in.  Its the only way to get the blocks of defenders to face their own goal and thats when they get out of shape and lose track of runners which is another thing I'd like to see more of.

Edited by DarkMata

Reus is what we need, he has the great movement off the ball like Shurrle had, but with a much better overall game. Willian is good at holding onto the ball and pass it, but his movement and positioning off the ball is his biggest weakness.

Reus is what we need, he has the great movement off the ball like Shurrle had, but with a much better overall game. Willian is good at holding onto the ball and pass it, but his movement and positioning off the ball is his biggest weakness.

I agree with this, our main problem going forward is that most our attackers are more inclined to be the provider rather than the finisher. Hazard is definitely improving in that respect, but oscar, willian, cuadrado, fabregas, etc don't have that natural instinct to make an incisive movement off the ball and get on the end of things.

Last season, when we were at our best, we had costa or hazard putting us ahead, and forcing the oposition to attack us.

I think rues would be the perfect signing given the current squad. He is a natural finisher, and has the technical ability to link up well with the like of Hazard and fabregas. I know people will say that his best position is from the left, but it makes very little difference in our setup, as the attacking 3 have a lot of freedom.